Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Milder period - but is it a record breaker?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I don't think it will be anything to worry about. I would imagine they mean possible gales on coastal areas.

Met office wind predictions show max gusts of 30mph inland from Tuesday to Friday.

Best to wait and see if this changes I think. :)

Posted

Thought I'd bring this thread back up given there is a fair chance of some very mild, maybe even locally warm temperatures to come by the end of this week.

Records could fall, believe it or not last week several stations in Scotland were within 1C of beating their daily max record...so its a real possiblity.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I think the Scottish readings were stations in lee of high ground with help of the foehn effect. If any records are broken later this week, could again be in the lee of high ground of the southwesterly wind, say east of the Pennines, NE Wales/NW England, and maybe eastern Scotland again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The record for February is 19.2C

Unlikely to be beaten officially, but it could well be broken locally.

I thought it would be a good idea to monitor the temperature today in one thread, instead of scattering the reports throughout the regional discussions.

I'll kick it off.

It's already 12.0C here, with lovely blue skies and sunshine, and this is in the West! Looks clear out towards Wales also, so more sunshine than expected today looks to be on the cards. Eastern areas (Doncaster) I believe will be warmest today.

What's your temperature at?

Posted

12C here at the moment. Agree that most of the high temperatures will be in the east but some sheltered places in the west of England could do well as well- Hawarden tends to do well in such an airflow and places in Worcestershire/Gloucestershire can also see quite high temperatures. An impressive number of places already at 13C this morning.

Posted

post-6667-0-05943300-1329988964_thumb.jp

http://www.netweathe...rrent;type=maxt

post-6667-0-53043700-1329989073_thumb.jp

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

14.0°C at 9.25 on a late February morning?????? I'll go for a maximum today of 17.5°C somewhere in the East Midlands or just above them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Cloudy and windy.. yawn, next please

Posted

Think some people need to move to a continental climate, this kind of weather is fairly typical for the UK given our prevailing wind direction...

12C at 6am in the UK in February is not typical at all. Sorry for getting my hopes up for some useful, pleasant weather as opposed to this windy, cloudy and mild useless junk, since the mildies were peeing themselves with excitement over the most tedious and boring weather imaginable that poses no use to anyone. :lazy:

Edited by Aaron

Posted

12C at 6am in the UK in February is not typical at all. Sorry for getting my hopes up for some useful, pleasant weather as opposed to this windy, cloudy and mild useless junk, since the mildies were peeing themselves with excitement..

It's not actually windy in a lot of places today, there's barely a breath of wind where I am and places like Hawarden and Liverpool airport are reporting very low wind speeds at the moment.

Posted

13.7C here much as at the airport and quite breezy although my b----- Davis has developed yet another fault-this time its stuck on N-NNW even though I can see the direction changing as I look at the mast.

shame about the Sc cloud sheet that start on the Pennines/Peak District and then covers all this area.

the sat picc shows it up very well.

Edited by johnholmes

12C at 6am in the UK in February is not typical at all. Sorry for getting my hopes up for some useful, pleasant weather as opposed to this windy, cloudy and mild useless junk, since the mildies were peeing themselves with excitement over the most tedious and boring weather imaginable that poses no use to anyone. :lazy:

May be cloudy where you are, but here in north Cheshire it is a simply stunning, warm, sunny morning, real taste of spring. Better than the usual 4 degC and pouring rain any day!

Posted

That's your opinion, I like rain, this is winter after all not spring.

Anyway still cloudy here, time is knocking on.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Currently 16C across parts of E Anglia/SE.

A weather station centred in my city is currently recording 16.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Some sunshine starting to break through here, but there rather a lot of high cloud. Its one of those days when you can go outside in a t-shirt and you dont notice a sudden chill stepping outside.

Posted

A 'mild' 12.4'c in Buxton, shave 2'c off for the windchill and it's far from the expected 16'c we was supposed to have in the northwest today.

A 'mild' 12.4'c in Buxton, shave 2'c off for the windchill and it's far from the expected 16'c we was supposed to have in the northwest today.

At midday it's 15c at Liverpool + Manchester airports, 16c at Hawarden so not far off at all - don't think anyone forecast it was going to be 16c in Buxton!

Posted

15.8C here with the sun breaking through to 6/8Sc at times, the airport shows 16C too.

Posted

13.5c, skies clearing from south and west