Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Milder period - but is it a record breaker?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

I have been informed by the official record keeper for Bournemouth that a new february record of 16.9C was recorded this afternoon beating the previous february record for the town set in 1943.

Posted

Damp. Grey. Misty. More damp. It felt like sitting in humid weather but without the actual heat. Sun tried to squeeze out a few times but got defeated. Max of 12.5c. Looking grey for the next few days to....

I was impressed with the fog though this morning. Thickest I've seen it for a while!! Was drifting in across the Severn Vale.

Interesting how different it was about 30 miles north of you, was almost unbroken sunshine here this afternoon.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Max temp today was 14.1c mildest so far this year,if id had some sunshine it would have been higher but today was a mostly cloudy day here and a fairly windy one too.

The irish Feb record is 18.1c,recorded on Feb 23rd 1891 in Dublin.

Posted

hi

17.5 here today.

Thanks for all the input.

Thanks

Love weather

17.5C and no place name I'm afraid makes your report quite useless-sorry to sound rude.

please could you put your town in your avatar-thanks

Posted

Long spells of sunshine here, so it was a definite improvement on yesterday's dank miasma. Still pretty useless for me though.

Just watch this rampant mildness ruin the first half of spring then disappear as summer approaches. :bomb:

Posted

Not dramatic by general standards yesterday, but 13.9°C is still pretty fair for February. Have things peaked for this moth or are there more higher temps to come?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Not dramatic by general standards yesterday, but 13.9°C is still pretty fair for February. Have things peaked for this moth or are there more higher temps to come?

Benefiting from the extra day but the 29th looks very warm.

Recm1202.gif

Posted

We managed 16.2C here yesterday, which is some way below the record max of 17.2C set in February 1998 but still the third highest in 31 years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

14.5c here yesterday which is the highest in February since 2008 when 15.1c was recorded. It's the 4th highest February value in the last 35 years with 1990 recording 14.8c and 1998 holding the record at 15.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Another warm day, was in the sun for 6 hours and amazingly I think my face has caught the sun a little bit.. I couldn't believe it because the UV index is only just 2, but I have caught the sun a bit, I usually don't until April but I guess I was in direct sunlight for most of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another warm day, was in the sun for 6 hours and amazingly I think my face has caught the sun a little bit.. I couldn't believe it because the UV index is only just 2, but I have caught the sun a bit, I usually don't until April but I guess I was in direct sunlight for most of the day.

The sun really has some warmth to it now. It makes 11/12c like today and no or little wind feel very pleasant. Given some sunshine, next week will be very pleasant for us in Central and Eastern parts. 14-17c for much of the week where the sun is out I think. :D

Sadly for those in the North and West, a mostly cloudy week ahead. But spring is in full swing here! A stunning past few days. :D I really hope weve seen the last of Winter now. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

10c in for my day out in Scarborough today and it was just about warm enough to not need to wear a coat. Helped due to the fact that Scarborough is always well sheltered from a westerly. Really could tell it was nearing Spring with the promenade quite busy and the seafront stalls beginning to open up again after the winter.

While the front page of netweather points out that the UK is colder than Florida, Aboyne at midnight was 15.8c and 15.9c @ 1am - as warm as anywhere in Europe being matched only by Paphos in Cyprus - and warmer than the Canary Islands!

Could be close to the Scottish record of 17.9c for February later.

Posted

16.2C at Aberdeen Dyce at 04:00 due to the foehn wind.

That would be an impressive temperature at 04:00 in July or August.

Posted

MeteoGroup forecaster Nick Prebble said: “Exceptional temperatures are expected.

“On Tuesday England will edge towards record February temperatures, although it is unlikely it will quite reach it, while Scotland could well break its February temperature record. “It is far milder than normal at this time of year and, with sunny spells forecast to develop in the afternoon, temperatures will escalate when clouds break.â€

Daytime temperatures are at least 20F above normal for the time of year when 43F would be a more usual figure. Nights have been equally mild with 52F minimums last week close to the 56.6F record for a February night. Met Office forecaster Dan Williams said: “This is very mild for the time of year, with the rest of the week looking slightly lower but still mild.â€

At Netweather Paul Michaelwhite predicted: “Wednesday should be mainly dry and mild again with sunny spells particularly for central and eastern England.â€

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/304905/Balmy-weather-may-hit-record

post-6667-0-36282700-1330428518_thumb.jp

Has Dyce been that temp all night then??????

http://www.netweathe...daily;type=maxt

No, there was a foehn yesterday evening which subsided last night so that it was 9.9c @ 02:00 then like the flick of a switch it was back, 14.3c @ 03:00

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3091.html

At Aboyne it barely dropped at all

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3080.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Will the cloud ever clear? It seems like it's been cloudy for the past week non stop..

Posted

Dyce has been wavering just under that 16°C mark for the last few hours, will it be the highest for today?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/gr/aberdeen_dyce_latest_weather.html

Posted

Will the cloud ever clear? It seems like it's been cloudy for the past week non stop..

Indeed, i suspect the sun may break through in the next hour or two though.

Posted

Indeed, i suspect the sun may break through in the next hour or two though.

Looking at the Sat 24 radar, the cloud isn't going anywhere..

Posted

Spoke too soon? The sun just came out for a brief moment and it looks like more gaps in the clouds are appearing.. come on, you know you want to!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Don't think the record will fall today now.

Another hour of heating before the sun loses it's strength rapidly.

Too much cloud.