Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North Of England - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Like I said, my garden is a sun trap, hence why I recorded 17°C. I have been known to record 30°C whilst the official temperature is 25°C. My readings still give an indication of how pleasant it was out in the garden though! :)

Absolutely, the standardisation/official sites issue doesn't change the fact that your garden did authentically get to 17°C.

As an aside, one upshot of the BBC national forecasts' insistence on using city centre maximum temperatures is that while their projections usually overestimate relative to official Met Office sites' values, they are most likely closer to the air temperatures actually observed in most people's gardens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Great snow risk charts for us!

Posted

Fohn effect well and truly at its most potent today. 8 degrees on Irish Sea coast at St Bees compared to the 17 degrees in Durham.

We often see similiar reversal conditions in April and May when a northeasterly kicks in - with 8 degrees on the east coast, and maxima into the high teens even low 20's on occasion in west cumbria.

Posted

We have 20.1mm of rainfall so far this month thanks to recent rainfall on Monday.. still dry though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Lovely crisp morning today mist over the colliery clear skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Totally cloudless skies this morning :)

Posted

Its amazing what a bit of sun can do. We have had no sun for 2weeks now and it is brill to see it back from its holliday. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Totally cloudless skies this morning :)

Beautiful today isn't it?

Spring-like would certainly sum it up.

Posted

Not spring like. It is spring first day today

Posted

Once again - The Lake District is plagued by low cloud mist and drizzly rain - we are being dealt a raw deal at present thanks to these mild southwesterlies which at anytime of year always mean cloud drab drizzly murky skies. The cloud level today is exceptionally low - down to about 50m,it feels like a november/december day.

Looking forward to the colder uppers on Sunday when at last all this murk and cloud should dissapear. Roll on the polar air!!

Posted

The GFS shows a snow event in Cumbria on Sunday morning, before weakening as it moves into the NE. Then it shows a marginal snow event in the North East on Monday morning. Although it looks very marginal I wouldn't bet against it occurring. I'm thinking something along the lines of the 16th December this year.

As I'm now heading back from Cumbria on Sunday evening I could be affected by both of these if they come off :D

Edited by Alza 2

Posted

Wow it was sunny all day and felt warm in the sun.. that's something I have not felt since October I bet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

snow? Geez im enjoying this mild sunny weather although I could do with a blast of snow to wave winter off! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Literally havent seen the sun for about a week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

A lovely day and a half of sunshine here this week. T-Shirt & sunglasses today. Lovely!! :D

Tomorrow looks dull and miserable, sunny intervals on Saturday, possible hail/sleet showers on Sunday followed by a cloudless day on Monday. Woop woop :D

Edited by Goku

Posted

Eh up ere we go GOKU!!!

Have you woken up again at the prospect of something wintry. :lol: i wouldnt hold my breath

Posted

snow? Geez im enjoying this mild sunny weather although I could do with a blast of snow to wave winter off! :)

Hehe.. I like warm, sunny weather and certainly am not complaining, but I wouldn't mind one last snowfall.. it's been a while since one of those occurred in March!!

Posted

Sunday looks like a very wet day for much of England, but it looks like the northern edge might turn to snow for a while in Northern England and Southern Scotland, especially on the hills. It looks quite heavy as well, so the hills could get quite a bit of wet snow. I'm surprised the BBC aren't picking up on this risk as the transpennine routes could be affected, and much of the far North of England is above 200m asl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, ice.

Here in Workington its cloudy and damp. 5 days of cloud and mirk lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

A marked difference here today with lots of cloud and a distinct chill in the air again.

Just glad I was off work this week to enjoy the fine weather we have had.

Posted

Eh up ere we go GOKU!!!

Have you woken up again at the prospect of something wintry. :lol: i wouldnt hold my breath

I'm not. There's just a slim chance.

Only high cloud around today, sun can still be seen, and it's very mild again. I didn't expect this. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I don't think there's much to get excited about unless you live on high ground- dull and windy with "cold rain" on Saturday (temperatures stuck at around 4 to 6C) and lighter rain on Sunday before it turns dry and sunny and quite mild to the east of high ground early next week. With westerly winds and tropical maritime air Cumbria may not see much relief from the low cloud and murk of recent days.

I must admit I had to stifle that yawn when I saw this morning's model outputs- it looks like a pattern of consistent unexceptional homogeneous warmth with high pressure to the south and westerlies on its northern flank is set to dominate after the weekend's low, just like many other recent Marches. The last "convective" day here was way back in late January!

Posted

Lovely day today!

Shorts, t-shirt & sunglasses?! I think so! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I don't think there's much to get excited about unless you live on high ground- dull and windy with "cold rain" on Saturday (temperatures stuck at around 4 to 6C) and lighter rain on Sunday before it turns dry and sunny and quite mild to the east of high ground early next week. With westerly winds and tropical maritime air Cumbria may not see much relief from the low cloud and murk of recent days.

I must admit I had to stifle that yawn when I saw this morning's model outputs- it looks like a pattern of consistent unexceptional homogeneous warmth with high pressure to the south and westerlies on its northern flank is set to dominate after the weekend's low, just like many other recent Marches. The last "convective" day here was way back in late January!

We've been stuck with boring dross for what feels like an eternity now