Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Looks like another lovely day in the making here today!

Hopefully that breeze that took the edge of the temps yesterday will be gone today!

And more of the same this week too, dry/mild and at times sunny!

Posted

Thanks. Yea it wil be late too due end of July. Still I won't be complaining (much). I love the heat!

Oooooh congrats Beka! x :yahoo:

Don't wish for heat when pregnant tho' - I had that problem in 1998 and I'm sure I melted a bit at some point! :rofl:

Pleasant day today, not as warm as yesterday but I'm liking the warmer weather now & looking forward to a thundery summer (well I live in hope!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Nice day outside again and my snowdrops are in flower now! B)

9.1c

Posted

Some hints of possible cold spell in models for early march.

Interesting but all miles off yet so shall just keep an eye on for now and keep sledge packed away :acute:

Posted

Some hints of possible cold spell in models for early march.

Interesting but all miles off yet so shall just keep an eye on for now and keep sledge packed away :acute:

Nothing of note down these parts unfortunetly!

Going to be colder than currently, that's for sure, but nothing all that cold for the beginning of March down here!

Looks like turning very unsettled though, so make the most of this week, could be a very wet start to early spring IF the models verify!

Posted

Nothing of note down these parts unfortunetly!

Going to be colder than currently, that's for sure, but nothing all that cold for the beginning of March down here!

Looks like turning very unsettled though, so make the most of this week, could be a very wet start to early spring IF the models verify!

At that range though anything is possible including snow, best to just keep an eye out for trends. I hate cold rainy days id rather hot spring like weather or proper snow lol

Posted

Another mild but cloudy day here today!

Just as we exit winter and enter spring, we look like leaving behind our springlike weather and returning to more wintery weather! Lol!

Typical really!

Posted

Another mild but cloudy day here today!

Just as we exit winter and enter spring, we look like leaving behind our springlike weather and returning to more wintery weather! Lol!

Typical really!

not that you mind :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

i hope this cold snap materializes ,so boring on the MOD thread otherwise and alsowould like to snow before spring proper :good:

Posted

Typical really!

Yeah - really typical, especially as i'm off to the Caribbean on Friday for 2 weeks!

seems chances of a cold and maybe snowy few days next week have increased in the last 24 hours.

Posted

Yeah - really typical, especially as i'm off to the Caribbean on Friday for 2 weeks!

seems chances of a cold and maybe snowy few days next week have increased in the last 24 hours.

Think I would still rather be in the Carribean, even if this cold spell did materilise and produce for us!

Lucky bugger! Lol!

Posted

Think I would still rather be in the Carribean, even if this cold spell did materilise and produce for us!

Lucky bugger! Lol!

Yeah, guess you're right! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I'm going to wait until the latter half of the weekend before thinking about the possible excitement of wintry weather again. Quite frankly I'd be happy enough to see some proper rain instead of this grey muck, nevermind snow!

I will still continue lurking the threads as the week progresses though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Wouldn't surprise me if this cold spell does arrive, not uncommon at all for march to be cold but I'm not getting my hopes up in anyway that it'll deliver for us over here in the west country and after the big let down earlier this month I certainly aint interested in anymore `marginal` events! Now if I see -10 uppers smack over my head on the charts with precipitation about, well that might perk my interest a tad more :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

It's a very murky misty foggy day here on the coast. I can hardly see my neighbours house! Definitely cooler as well.

Posted

It's a very murky misty foggy day here on the coast. I can hardly see my neighbours house! Definitely cooler as well.

Same here, but lets hope for some brightness as for the models i still think march is going to be a cool for us

Posted

What a beautiful day it's turning out to be today! Definetly the best, and what feels like the warmest day of the year so far!

Shame it's not going to last! Would much prefer this weather than the forecast cool and unsettled conditions from the weekend onwards!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

What a beautiful day it's turning out to be today! Definetly the best, and what feels like the warmest day of the year so far!

Shame it's not going to last! Would much prefer this weather than the forecast cool and unsettled conditions from the weekend onwards!

It was indeed a lovely day today. It only said 12-13c outside in the afternoon yet it felt so much warmer :) I didn't expect the fog this morning though and neither did many others considering the fact half the people I drove past on my way to work didn't have any lights on when it was really thick....

Although I do prefer this weather to wet and cold, to be honest, I'd rather sacrifice spring to be more showery, unsettled and cooler, to give better chances of perhaps a better summer? (hopefully anyway :rofl: ....)

Posted

Stunning day again today start to finish at home although alot of fog around as i drove to work first thing.

My meto weather app is saying heavy snow for sunday afternoon here.... if only I believed it :good:

Posted

I didn't expect the fog this morning though and neither did many others considering the fact half the people I drove past on my way to work didn't have any lights on when it was really thick....

Well surely people should put their car's lights on as soon as they encounter fog!?

Anyway, does anyone else think Sunday's LOW will provide more rain than the whole of February?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Another very misty foggy morning here with a slight ground frost.

Roll on a heat wave summer after this winter (well i can live in hope!)