Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Slept through most of it (lol). Though not sure if it turned to snow here in the end as everytime I looked out of the window, it seemed to be raining, though it perhaps started to look slightly sleety as the precipitation got lighter. Still, you never know.

Also now a shower approaching, but it looks as though it's gonna miss me a few miles to the East. Always a good sign that your snow shield is in full power. :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A late report from this morning: sleety snow from around 9 am to 10 am, none settling of course. Then lots of cold rain -- 11 mm in total, the wettest day here in a long time. Thereafter, cloudy with occasional light rain. Much clearer this evening, and I managed to see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and the Moon in the same sky, though clouds hid Mercury only a few seconds after I spotted it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

11mm also here today. A little rain on Wednesday but other than that another very dry week ahead. Any further rain aside from Wednesday looks at least 9 days away. Kent is having it very wet today, tonight and tomorrow though!

Whilst every bit of rain helps our drought situation, it needs to come regularly. Todays rain is OK but we will quickly end up back to the level we were prior to the rain today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

11mm also here today. A little rain on Wednesday but other than that another very dry week ahead. Any further rain aside from Wednesday looks at least 9 days away. Kent is having it very wet today, tonight and tomorrow though!

Whilst every bit of rain helps our drought situation, it needs to come regularly. Todays rain is OK but we will quickly end up back to the level we were prior to the rain today.

I agree. The GFS seems to show High-Pressue close by to the South and South-East diverting the Lows to the North, except in FI where it attempts to bring Low-Pressure systems further South, though this will probably change on the next run anyway. As much as I like sunny/dry weather - most particularly during Spring and Summer, this rainless period will have to 'give up the ghost' eventually. :)

Posted

Very poor showing here, no snow, no sleet and barely any rain — about 2mm! Fingers crossed for Wednesday on the rain front. The pond has not even refilled over the winter time — need another couple of inches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Sunset watch tonight...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I dont think East Anglia and Kent want anymore rain now! Very very soggy over there with over 40mm for some esp in Kent I suspect in total and its still raining till tomorrow morning!

Meanwhile, another lovely day here and not that cold after this morning.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

where was this so called deluge then, it rained for about 2 hrs then it was just the usual crap drizzle, no point putting my crops out this year as they will die from the drought probably

Posted

For us Midlanders, yesterdays rain will be pretty much useless. Yes, every bit helps but the outlook is VERY settled right now and we will soon be back to where we were before. Kent may be relieved for now as its very wet there right now but still, the outlook is very far from unsettled.

Posted

ECM 12z is exceptionally settled after Wednesday. Winds from the South should mean hopefully, great spells of sunshine and also some mild air. Warm in the sunshine for definite. Temperatures of 14-18c could be quite regular if the current charts come off. Fantastic early spring weather shown. Just hope were not being led up the path for a boring summer again though!

Posted

Yet again like last year it looks like all the nice weather is being used up way to soon :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking forward to the sun and warmth after the diabolically teasing and generally abominable winter that has just passed.

Posted

Yet again like last year it looks like all the nice weather is being used up way to soon :lol:

exactly we always get good summer synoptics at the wrong time of year, i bet we have a warm settled spring and come summer it will be another cool dull fest again

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

-1.1C minimum foggy, but npw lifting, another snowless march coming up, 6th snowless march in a row, used to be a winter month but certainly not now

modern er@ Feb the new April, March the new 0ct

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

-1.1C minimum foggy, but npw lifting, another snowless march coming up, 6th snowless march in a row, used to be a winter month but certainly not now

modern er@ Feb the new April, March the new 0ct

Your talents are wasted on here, why aren't you employed by NOAA & the Met Office to replace their supercomputers for weather modelling?....Your sweeping statement infers that your brain is far more superior to weather modelling than the aforementioned supercomputers, or is it possible that you're just being a miserable so & so always looking at model output with 'glass half empty' eyes? :winky: .....I mean, there are several who frequent the forum boards who could look at model outputs showing wall to wall sunshine with night time thunderstorms for weeks on end in the summer, and yet they'd then all change your tune, and say that they'd never verify..... :rolleyes:

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Another fantastic day today. Some high cloud now but warm in the sun at just 10c!

Meanwhile for those of us in Stourbridge, Kidderminster and Dudley its been a very "loud" afternoon. No, not Thunder but weve had Eurofighter Typhoons flying above making a huge noise! From Twitter, I believe they are training for the Olympics! :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Your talents are wasted on here, why aren't you employed by NOAA & the Met Office to replace their supercomputers for weather modelling?....Your sweeping statement infers that your brain is far more superior to weather modelling than the aforementioned supercomputers, or is it possible that you're just being a miserable so & so always looking at model output with 'glass half empty' eyes? :winky: .....I mean, there are several who frequent the forum boards who could look at model outputs showing wall to wall sunshine with night time thunderstorms for weeks on end in the summer, and yet they'd then all change your tune, and say that they'd never verify..... :rolleyes:

thanks AJ, I tend to predict mild all the time then I will most likely be right, my winter thoughts were kind of wrong, as I didnt expect that cold in Feb!

not sure if im good enough for meto though? I hardly know any scientific stuff

Posted

Meanwhile for those of us in Stourbridge, Kidderminster and Dudley its been a very "loud" afternoon. No, not Thunder but weve had Eurofighter Typhoons flying above making a huge noise! From Twitter, I believe they are training for the Olympics! :D

thats awnsered my question....I spent my lunch time in Halesowen gorking aimlessly up at the skies :unknw:

Posted

thats awnsered my question....I spent my lunch time in Halesowen gorking aimlessly up at the skies :unknw:

Hehe, I think many were. :lol: Its very rare for this to happen over our skies. Maybe some more over the next couple of days? Who knows but I hope so!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

And Malvern... they were overhead, really noisy today. What are they training to do, triple axel loops or something? LOL. It was a lovely morning though, I was out walking and although the breeze was cold, the sun felt warm.

Posted

So that's what that sound was today? While at my desk I heard this sudden loud noise that sounded like a jet, but not of the commercial passenger sort. For a second I thought a plane was going to crash into the office, the sound was that piercing.

It may not have been from the Typhoons, but I'd say it's rather likely it was.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch them in action, should they return tomorrow.

Nice to see this was heard in Birmingham and Malvern now. They were right overhead here twice. The word going round is that it was Eurofighter Typhoons. Here is a video from Amblecote, Stourbridge, just a couple of miles from here:

Heres another:

The sound is no where near as loud as it was for real mind!!!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

so thats what they look like it would be good to start our storm season wit a couple of Typhoons....

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Haha, I wish I could count today as my first "Thunder" day of the season. Lol.

I think I found on Twitter that there should be an article on todays events in the Express and Star (Dudley and North Worcestershire edition anyway) tomorrow.

Posted

The last rain for potentially quite some time and it's barely wet the ground, if the 18z came it would be virtually rainless for the rest of the month :o

Perfect setup for Summer, if only it could of waited a few months.