Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted

Wow. That Shropshire Weather Council is doing a good job then. Let's hope that is a lesson to the Shropshire cloud and that it never shows its face around North-Western parts of the region again. :lol:

(lol).

I've slipped it 20 quid and it's on your way all spring/summer/autumn. Enjoy! :happy:

It had better not let me down :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite misty here now. Its the cloud that should quickly burn back in the morning though. Early this morning was similar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

fantastic boat painting day, wall to wall sunshine and slight breeze. Wonderful weather and same tommorow, volunteered for garden duties nearby.

The cloud should clear from the east and possibly clear Telford at sunset tommorow... :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I've slipped it 20 quid and it's on your way all spring/summer/autumn. Enjoy! :happy:

It had better not let me down :diablo:

Oy! How dare you. So if it ends up cloudy here all Spring, Summer and Autumn, this will be all your fault. Should just send the Shropshire cloud back to Wales instead, not over to Birmingham. But the worst part of all, I might not even get any thunderstorms now as that cloud will probably eat up all the convection. Grrrr! :p

Posted

Oy! How dare you. So if it ends up cloudy here all Spring, Summer and Autumn, this will be all your fault. Should just send the Shropshire cloud back to Wales instead, not over to Birmingham. But the worst part of all, I might not even get any thunderstorms now as that cloud will probably eat up all the convection. Grrrr! :p

I keep trying to tell the Shropshire Cloud not to head for Wales (it doesn't originate there anyway), but make a beeline for ****** Southeast England!

Posted

As longs as it goes far enough South-East so it affects London, then that's okay. They can have it all to themselves. :diablo::crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Actually, the South East did have a fair bit of cloud for much of today though it did break up a bit earlier.

Posted

Ignore it. Its so bad that the Chief Forecaster has had to step in to say it will be mostly sunny and temperatures much higher!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Cloudy start to the day with uniform slate grey skies....hoping it will break up later on to allow a bit of sunshine and warmth :)

Peter gibbs last night showed a map showing parts of the midlands low cloud/mist/fog not clearing until around 2 pm, doesnt leave much time to enjoy the warmth, i think it might not clear at all in rural valley parts of the midlands, i did warn of this but no one took much notice.

Edited by Eugene

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Peter gibbs last night showed a map showing parts of the midlands low cloud/mist/fog not clearing until around 2 pm, doesnt leave much time to enjoy the warmth, i think it might not clear at all in rural valley parts of the midlands, i did warn of this but no one took much notice.

Did you? ...no mention of warnings in this thread :unknw:

Not in this thread in particular but on netweather in general, i did say last week that early this week fog could be a problem rurally, be slow to clear and only lifting to low cloud in places, the BBC and UKMO are now saying this also that low cloud and mist will be pretty persistent in places especially rurally.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I could n't find your warning either Eugene.

MO forecasts not showing anything above 11c all week for the Midlands, suggesting persistent mist/fog/cloud, and in complete contrast to the messages the BBC presenters have been giving the last few days!

Edited by TonyH

In spring 2012 thread i said last wednesday this,

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:29

Conditions to me look perfect for some thick fog in the morning rush hour early next week.

March 1997

Some dense fogs led to major motorway pile-ups: e.g. on the 10th four people killed early in the morning on the M42

http://www.wetterzen...00119970310.gif

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rtavn1441.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking forward to tommorows and Wednesdays weather. Hopefully get the lawn mower out and the shorts on! Pretty happy we didnt get anything cold so far this month, im kind of sick of searching for cold weather now, so i'll leave that alone until December!

Posted

Sorry folks looks like the Telford weather has spread across most of the country today :lol:

Would of been nice if here could of been one of the few sunny places whilst everywhere else had the grot for once but slate grey skies as usual :lol:

Posted

All Summer of 95's fault. He signed a 20 quid deal with the Shropshire Weather Council to send the cloud over here and it looks like it's worked. For now! Feels quite warm mind you. ;-)

So you're looking forward to more overcast weather radders, everybody around here is wearing coats, i guess you have a short memory as it was pretty cold March 3rd to the 5th.

ps just saw a lady not old wearing gloves just now, only weirdo's wear shorts in weather like today, you will get very funny looks from people if you go out in public like that, so scruffy wearing shorts walking around town in public too.

Edited by Eugene

Posted

All Summer of 95's fault. He signed a 20 quid deal with the Shropshire Weather Council to send the cloud over here and it looks like it's worked. For now! Feels quite warm mind you. ;-)

It's only half worked because it's also still hanging around here! Think I'm due 10 quid back :diablo:

Posted

Yet again like yesterday it's brightening up now we approach 3pm just as it always does in the summer as we approach the last few hours of daylight :lol:

I have a feeling tommorow will be the same again before we finally get some decent weather hopefully on Wednesday!

Posted

So you're looking forward to more overcast weather radders, everybody around here is wearing coats, i guess you have a short memory as it was pretty cold March 3rd to the 5th.

ps just saw a lady not old wearing gloves just now, only weirdo's wear shorts in weather like today, you will get very funny looks from people if you go out in public like that, so scruffy wearing shorts walking around town in public too.

I bet your secretly loving this cloudy weather!

On contrast, a nice sunny afternoon here and now warm in the sunshine after a misty morning. No fog.

Posted

Fair play to Eugene, he's called it right today....it's stayed quite gloomy all day with just the odd chink of blue during this afternoon..Certainly not an unpleasant day, but not as good as was initially forecasted by the media

Posted

Spare a thought for Norfolk, Suffolk, Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire and much of Kent where its still cloudy! Not had the best of weather over there recently with the last few days being very cloudy there and having the very wet weather a week ago although that was needed.

Posted

Feel lucky to have had the dazzling clear blue skies from dawn until dusk yesterday! Today was grey and dull until this afternoon — now we have clear skies. Better late than never!