Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

some people look at the skies as well as their computer screens....good.gif

There are certainly some big clouds bubbling up around here now...

I only asked as the posters location is surrey and at the time, there was zero / no expected convection.. Yes they may of looked outta the window but id like to know why / where the notion came from as having large amounts of convection under a blanket of cloud is odd... Or esp just after the cloud.

tehehehehe shower here :p

I only asked as the posters location is surrey and at the time, there was zero / no expected convection.. Yes they may of looked outta the window but id like to know why / where the notion came from as having large amounts of convection under a blanket of cloud is odd... Or esp just after the cloud.

No "blaknet of cloud here" ??? Its glorious sunshine between the clouds...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

tehehehehe shower here blum.gif

No "blaknet of cloud here" ??? Its glorious sunshine between the clouds...

Good times. must of cleared quicker than expected...

Did you get much rain? I know you guys are pretty much choking on the dust over there?

Posted

PROB30 TEMPO 1714/1721 4000 +TSRA BECMG 1721/1724 20010KT TEMPO 1802/1812 4000 +SHRA TSRA BKN014CB BECMG 1807/1810 14018G28KT

Probability 30% : Temporary

from 17th at 14 UTC to 17th at 21 UTC Visibility 4000 m heavy thunderstorm rain Becoming

from 17th at 21 UTC to 17th at 24 UTC Wind 10 kt from south/southwest

And again tomorrow morning....

Temporary from 18th at 02 UTC to 18th at 12 UTC Visibility 4000 m Broken clouds at a height of 1400 ft , Cumulonimbus. heavy rain showers and thunderstorm rain

I would have to knock a mark off your exam paper for a slight mistake!

the decode for TSRA=Thunderstorm with rain, there is a difference between heavy rain showers and thunderstorm with rain-honest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

We had 6mm of rain overnight, but its very dry n dusty still, my neighbour said the dryness of the area reminded her of holidays in egypt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

So far a lovely and quite pleasent day here! No shower clouds in sight as of yet, let alone storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

We had 6mm of rain overnight, but its very dry n dusty still, my neighbour said the dryness of the area reminded her of holidays in egypt.

Reminded her of Egypt? No offense but that's just ridiculous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Some lovely mammatus on the back end of that downpour too!!!!

Fingers crossed for later one and all as the increasingly steep lapse rates kick in :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

not sure if my ears are playing tricks on me but I am sure I just heard a quiet rumble of thunder here...

Hope so, keep me updated, I'm stuck in the library doing some Uni work! How's it looking? Anything interesting out there?

Posted

Hope so, keep me updated, I'm stuck in the library doing some Uni work! How's it looking? Anything interesting out there?

Everything just cleared and now sun back out. All a bit messy looking out there today. Low cloud. Although cracking looking cloud to the east! moving very quickly away.

Posted

Heavy hail shower and rumbles of thunder good.gif

clapping.gif I thought it might start down your way!!!

Nothing showing on ATD just yet expect for Southern Ireland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

not sure if my ears are playing tricks on me but I am sure I just heard a quiet rumble of thunder here...

I think you're right. I've been stuck at the Sherman Theatre down in Cathays all morning, and sure I heard something about this time that was sounded marginally different to the trains that pass at the back of the building.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Can someone provide me a forecast for this week, who is expected to get showers/thunderstorms etc. Please? :)

Posted

Been a nice sunny day here with a bit of cloud and a bit windy at times,I'm wondering weather to head out maybe further south and try and catch something.

Posted

I think you're right. I've been stuck at the Sherman Theatre down in Cathays all morning, and sure I heard something about this time that was sounded marginally different to the trains that pass at the back of the building.

phew! I thought my revision was scrambling my brain! hopefully more on the way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Don't make me jelous! blum.gif I'll give it 'till around 3 and I'm out of here. Some beefy showers on the radar to the West. Skew-t saying Cape around 201(j) and Li Index of -0 for 3pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Don't make me jelous! blum.gif I'll give it 'till around 3 and I'm out of here. Some beefy showers on the radar to the West. Skew-t saying Cape around 201(j) and Li Index of -0 for 3pm.

I won't finish till around 3.30pm myself, but keeping eyes peeled towards the Bristol Channel as there's some tasty showers that may tootle past in the immediately foreseeable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

expect some very potent downpours almost anywhere ,keep a camera at hand , and enjoy ,regards legritter