Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A squeaky clean thread to discuss all things weather for the Midlands region

old thread here --------------> http://forum.netweat...7/page__st__820

bbc weather had storms/convective only south of b'ham, lots of places look like missing out on hail/thunder tomorrow

Cant believe you think today is a day for convective storms for us midlanders, its never looked like that at all with overcast conditions and persistent light rainfall.

Tomorrow onwards is when the risk of convective showers is, hopefully you north and west of brummies will not hog it like you usually do :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm not so sure Eugene...convection has kicked off markedly over the south midlands over the past hour, and even though we are under a cloud shield, this convective activity is spiraling around the LP centre and is heading for our region....might yet be a very interesting afternoon/evening

Posted

Rain? What rain? A total of 1.5mm since midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed Picog not an awful lot fell here but now the focus is convective showers like AJ said and not Eugene. Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Persistant heavy rain all day? A washout? Another model failure surely. Its been bone dry since about 6.30AM this morning. I dont forsee much in the way of convective showers either, more like some light-moderate persistant rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Just checked the bbc weather on phone, they have thunderstorms from 1300 for wich part of brum i don't know. This was updated at 9.25am today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

The radar shows our area choc full of showers yet on the Malvern Hill itself, hardly anything but the odd light burst! It must all be circulating around us. When I went out for a walk earlier I could see showers dotted around in all directions. It was strangely calm and felt relatively mild out.

Posted

Persistant heavy rain all day? A washout? Another model failure surely. Its been bone dry since about 6.30AM this morning. I dont forsee much in the way of convective showers either, more like some light-moderate persistant rain.

Are you sure?....your house must have its own micro-climate then Radders because I've been in Rugeley this morning to see some customers and it's been raining/drizzling just about all morning!....and regarding not forseeing convective stuff then take a look at the radar and see what's developing to our south...plenty

Posted

Ah but Telford has a shield for every occasion, hasn't it Conor? :p It is raining lightly here now. *yawn*

Agree it's looking better than an hour ago, Herefordweather. How is it over where you are?

Posted

Ah but Telford has a shield for every occasion, hasn't it Conor? blum.gif It is raining lightly here now. *yawn*

Agree it's looking better than an hour ago, Herefordweather. How is it over where you are?

:lol: A shield for everything but cloud & mist/fog which swamps the town with ease.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Nice rumble of thunder just!!

Excellent, a few small but potent cells in the mix now. smile.png

Where are you in SW Brum btw?

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Moderate rain in Malvern now, has been since my last post. Very dark towards the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Looking at the radar & visually we have some dark, angry cells coming into the area from the East. The suns breaking through occasionally keeping the temp going in the right direction and from what cloud tops are visible there looks to be convection going on.

Plenty of time yet me thinks

Edit; currently in some small hail

Double edit; Wow time to turn my music down Thunder in Quinton

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Rain here too now. Not much sun but given the vigorous Low Pressure this should aid things as well hence the rash of showers over us now. :)

Posted

Yes looks to be easterly, or ESE-ly cloud drift. Our location on the west side of the Malverns makes it impossible to see anything to the East unless one walks a short distance to the north end and peers around it! Often quite different on that side. Don't ask me to do it though, the paths will be awash!

Posted

Pretty sure Im hearing some faint rumbles too though hard to tell when you live on a main road! Clouds looking a bit darker over Quinton way too.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Nothing here atm

and thinking im sure its Bin day in Quinton...nothing picked up on radar

Posted

Can't see any evidence of lightning strikes on the radars I'm looking at (Netweather and BBC, Isle of Wight appears to be a little out of sorts at the moment). Still I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear the odd rumble.