Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Any chance of a storm today??? Possibly not here in Telford lol! The sky is looking quite menacing tho so fingers crossed :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

showers missing me mainly to the west, so telford look like getting some, at best I had a brief hail shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Guttedbad.gif

This afternoon the host server for Brumcam went down, taking the cam offline and by the law of SOD....this happened

http://youtu.be/g74LA5LQAuI

I'm sharing your pain Blizz....and unfortunately your weathercray.gif

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Today is the first day of the year I've heard a rumble of thunder. :) Occurred around 1pm while at Drayton Manor (with a local youth group). Some very loud bangs, although the rumble happened around 3/4 seconds after a big flash of lightning in the distance. Only ended up with one flash and one rumble, but better than nothing. :)

Posted

Nice start to the day here, no rain as yet and cool at 7'c atm.

There's a nice wodge of showers out to the west over Wales that looks perky enough to survive the Welsh mountains and is heading towards the majority of the Midlands.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Hopefully it'll get here and the sunshine ahead of it will have strengthened it into a thunder machine BOOOOOOOOM!!! bomb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

good hail shower recently to start the day...and good development for the west & north midlands developing over mid wales...As Ed pointed out in the convective thread, this development ties in with an area of low level convergence pepping up convective activity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

good hail shower recently to start the day...and good development for the west & north midlands developing over mid wales...As Ed pointed out in the convective thread, this development ties in with an area of low level convergence pepping up convective activity

Can we expect that convergence to last through the day? :)

According to the ATD, There was one sferic just south of here in Belbroughton, near the M5 between 3-4am but nothing heard here although i do sleep deeply. Lol.

Posted

You guys in Shrewsbury and northwest midlands look as though you are getting something interesting — some heavy rain and thunder perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Had the first few splashes of rain for today - it started out nice and sunny, now it's cloudy. Temp 12oC currently. Looks like a lot of activity building over north Wales, I thought today the activity was meant to be over towards the East today, which looks clear at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

EXPLOSIVE Development towards Herefordshire now!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

EXPLOSIVE Development towards Herefordshire now!!!

yep, just posted on that in the convective thread Luke...I'll be down near worcester this afternoon armed with Camera & then heading back up the M5 corridor...might be a good spot for footage

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Heavens have just opened here!

And a nice bit of hail mixed in.....good.gif

Looking at the skies to our SW, surly we cant fail today...........can wewhistling.gif

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Convection seems rather half hearted again across the MIdlands, apart from the SW Midlands where there is some thunder embedded. An interesting afternoon ahead nonetheless.

Posted

As usual the dry gap over Shropshire and failing to provide any sunshine :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

no hail shower here AJ, all anvils I can see are to the north and East of here at the moment, but hope for hail showers, feels chilly enough

Posted

Very heavy showers over Coventry and Warwickshire now, some parts will be getting TL soon there.

Posted

Interesting cloud structure passing Coventry now on the webcam:

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/

Posted

Heavy rain shower in Solihull just now, although no thunder (so far). It feels noticably chillier than it did an hour or so ago.

Bish

Posted

been a pretty benign day compared to yesterday has to be said. rather messy looking sky with a fair bit of high level cloud, but nothing really on the horizon it seems. a relief to be fair, as i want to get out in the fresh air!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The weather-free NW Midlands doing its thing yet again :lol:

Posted

Yawn is that a west midlands gap of nothing appearing now on the radar whilst everywhere else has showers and storms again? Odds on for London to see something again. Why does shower activity always peak too early here and arrive just in time for the east? This is really annoying. I wouldnt be surprised to see the next few days give nothing too. How many chances does this region need for exciting weather? It just doesn't happen no more!

Posted

Yawn is that a west midlands gap of nothing appearing now on the radar whilst everywhere else has showers and storms again? Odds on for London to see something again. Why does shower activity always peak too early here and arrive just in time for the east? This is really annoying. I wouldnt be surprised to see the next few days give nothing too. How many chances does this region need for exciting weather? It just doesn't happen no more!

Don't worry, I'm going back down south on Sunday so the exciting weather will take my place!

Posted

tbf, we've had all the showers in the world over the last couple of days. ok, so no electrical activity, but it sure as hell beats no precipitation at all. todays just a respite from a good soaking. id prefer showers to no rain given the dryness of the last 18 months

Posted

Yeah I just checked my weather station console, we've had over 2 inches of rain this month, not too bad at all!