Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 part 3

Liam J

Posted

Torrential deluge of rain and hail at lunch time today, lasting about an hour. No thunder though. Hopefully there'll be more of the same tomorrow, and even this evening could have a surprise as I can see shower clouds again to the west.

Been dry all day here just down the road but could see that shower towards newcastle earlier on.

Some late showers building just west of me.

Posted

Just brought a pan of water to the boil. The lengths that I will go to just to see a bit of rapid convection!......... I'll fetch my coat! crazy.giffool.gif

laugh.png

Perhaps we should all do this and go outside.. the hot steam given off might just be able to spark of a few more thunderstorms! laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Metoffice going for "another? Uncettaled day tomorrow". Today was very cettaled. It felt as if we were under high pressure, not near a 980 MB low! How long will this other-worldly weather last?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Perhaps we should all do this and go outside.. the hot steam given off might just be able to spark of a few more thunderstorms! laugh.png

Aye and if you put an egg & one of those birds-eye boil-in a bag meals in it you get fed at the same time, storms & a meal....bargain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Metoffice going for "another? Uncettaled day tomorrow". Today was very cettaled. It felt as if we were under high pressure, not near a 980 MB low! How long will this other-worldly weather last?

It's not 980mb anymore, it's decaying every day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Nothing here today, dry as a bone. Some nice big CB's to the south. doubt anything will happen here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Maybe this is the curse of Ian Brown.....by the end of the storm season everywhere except parts of Staffs, Cheshire and Shropshire will have seen a storm which will be gradually replaced by a lack of snow in the aforementioned areas as winter draws in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Ok, but it's still low pressure. I Bet that me and Convective over in the IOM are the only people who havn't had any heavy showers, hail, or thunder this year. I've not even had any snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Just done another Netweather Extra Radar purhcase, that CB has gone quite far north... now to my west.. travelling NNE/NE?

The ones behind it look to have died a death. Heathrow's just changed runway because of it.

Edit Shower now, no T&L yet.

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, a quick whistle-stop tour around the UK, lets see what we can see......Things are a bit quiet on the storm front currently..... Storm cell near Wimbourne/Poole kicking out some lightning.......A clump of cells in the Uxbridge/West London with a few sferics......sferic detected near Chichester, Sussex.....sferic near Crewkerne in the west country, and across into Ireland, a nice thunderstorm along the Irish Border heading towards Ballybay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

[quote name=Chris R' timestamp='1334939596'

post='2293970]

Ok, but it's still low

pressure. I Bet that me and Convective over in

the IOM are the only people who havn't had

any heavy showers, hail, or thunder this year. I've

not even had any snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Ok, but it's still low pressure. I Bet that me and Convective over in the IOM are the only people who havn't had any heavy showers, hail, or thunder this year. I've not even had any snow!

You can actually have a low pressure system that produces nothing but cloud, but because the system is off into the North sea, the effects on you are very slim, counter in the fact that it's very weak, it shouldn't have an effect on you at all.

Posted

Ok, i'll conseed that I'm not the only one then. It just feels like it sometimes.

Posted

If I may redress the balance a little here, I can assure you that its not all of London thats been blessed with this outbreak. Here in my perch on the north west outskirts I've spent the last 2 frustrating weeks housebound and watching it all pass a few miles to my north, and a few miles to my south.

I've lost count of the number of hours I've spent glued to the radar, listening to an off station am radio, checking the batteries in my cameras, willing something to head my way, and in that whole time I was rewarded with one distant rumble yesterday afternoon. The skies above me have shown plenty of promise and delivered nothing but a few very brief downpours.

Even more frustrating is having my car sat outside just waiting to transport me to the surrounding tempests, but ill-health prevents me from driving the damn thing. Gutted sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but we have just had the most amazing storm I have been witness to in years! The cell was slow moving, no wind, the hail was mostly the size of small marbles, one of the lightning strikes, must have been so close to our house. It sounded like an explosion and the windows, floor and ornaments shook! It was so thrilling. The cell is now moving over Ringwood, Verwood, West moors. Still hearing rumbling in the distance. I'm happy!rofl.gif

Turning very dark again here in Se London. This has happened half a dozen times though and it always seems to move by a few miles away, with a few spots of rain and then the sun arrives again. Frustrating and hopefully different this time.

EDIT : All the dark clouds seem to be just too far north again. Can see them clearly - must only be a couple of miles

Edited by SF-02

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well a lovely sunny end to the day here, not what really what I was hoping for but pleasant nonetheless.

Well done if you struck gold today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

There's not even any point asking what potential is like for tomorrow here. We seem to be the breeding ground for people further east at the moment haha.

Could really do with a more southerly (a la 19th June 2007) or southwesterly (a la 21st May 2005) feed to get some thunderstorms going here. There haven't even been any cbs around since 2pm this afternoon.

Posted

A very pretty drizzle shower to end the day here.

Once again apologies to the folk of Norfolk for tomorrow and your lack of Storms, the Uk Shield is a coming for a BBQ, Good job those guys got their Funnel Clouds outta the way today good.gifblum.gif

Good Luck For The Weekend Guys!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

hav'nt had any thunder storms/showers this year at all but had an absolute monster last year from the spanish plume which lasted about 5/6 hours! probably the biggest one iv ever seen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Dark grey sky to the southwest of Gainsborough. Unfortunately not a storm but it looks like it should go bang.