Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 part 3

Liam J

Posted

Beneath the inflow of the stoke cell currently, deep bases to the SW with the light increasingly fading as the CB gets closer. No thunder/lightning yet. Just moderate rain and a rain-laden sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

No lightning but the cell south of Retford looks good from where I am - black as night. I'm going to get into it and see whats happening underneath!

Posted

Interesting that the uppers from the 'twin' LLC across Ireland are now starting to shift westwards across the UK, whilst cells below continue to move a gradual NEwards motion. Here in the north anyway.

Posted

The sky has gone black to the North-East of Manchester. This seems to be the pattern over the last few years. Always either too far East or North-East of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

just took a great pic of a funnel nearly touching down just east of sprunehorpe and the thunder begins,, will upload soon

Edited by syncmaster

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Still nowt ere in the North East! like watching paint dry, lol

Posted

two webcam worth watching, one very good quality one on the thames at chelsea moves, showing several cells passing to the north..

http://www.thechelse...don-webcam.html

and maidenhead light airport - currently at the north side of a strong PPT cell

http://www.wlac.co.uk/wlac/webcam/

That Chelsea webcam is excellent. Thanks for the link matty

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Lol now convection is kicking off around here...too little to late now. balls! Still always tomorrow I spose.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Can't believe that I have had to wait until nearly wine o clock to get the first convective shower with hail!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Still nowt ere in the North East! like watching paint dry, lol

Did you get those downpours earlier today? They looked quite localised on the radar.

Posted

Did you get those downpours earlier today? They looked quite localised on the radar.

I had a heavy shower which turned into a longer spell of moderate non exciting rainfall, just had a moderate hail shower just now, heard low rumbles of thunder also. Skies look more threatening to my South though.

Posted

Friend of mine in Kirklevington says its been pretty torrential for the last couple of hours, and the same for another just down the road in Darlington.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

had heavy showers earllyer on and just came in from the garden because of hale and rain, but u know what? Not even a romble of thunder or a flash of lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

An impressive shelf cloud to the SW of Cleadon, which has produced some sferics recently according to the Met Office's ATD overlay on the N-W radar. A sharp-looking shower, though not quite as impressive, is heading straight for Cleadon, while the shelf cloud will pass away to the south. I have a couple of windows open for in case there is any distant thunder.

The first really big convective cell of the recent showery spell so far- but the North East does also look quite favoured over the next two days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

No thunder here either. I wonder what a womble of thunder would sound like?

Edit: probably only heard over Wimbledon!

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

Extreme rain burst and hail since 12pm today in South/East Essex and Herts boarder.

And we had a large thunder boom around 6:30pm!

Looks like more heavy showers forming and heading up from sussex through London. Could get some more heavy rain showers - worth a monitor over the next hour.

MagicBat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

For the last week or so we have had heavy rain and hail everyday with one proper thunderstorm.

I am not complaining, this time last year we were still dry for a thunderstorm, but I am surprised I haven't seen more thunderstorms considering the awesome convection that's been going on. It seems to be just skimming us thunderstorm wise, but plenty of hail and rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well, not so interesting today but this was the view over Bristol yesterday afternoon as a few rumbles and rolls went off while it passed to the southwest.

530396_3478676842208_1129873389_3191475_1419553201_n.jpg

Posted

At least you heard some thunder Mike!

Warminster has spent the last 4 hours with complete cloud cover, with a few drops of rain and no evening sunshine or sunset to enjoy, as a result of anvils and outflow from the thundery line passing approx 25 miles to the South where there has been getting on for an inch of rain in that time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Next Wednesday and Thursday look really good for storm potential here and this time, for once the wind looks to be from the south-east, south and south-west which means storms have got all that land to developop over so I'm feeling more posetive about that. This Sonday morning looks good as well though. Of course, it could all change but so far it seems good for the NW next week.

Developop? Haha, sorry.