Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Part 4

Posted

I have witnessed a supercell storm once while I was in Toronto Canada,it hit one late evening and it was amazing never seen anything like it,frequent lightning and booming thunder I will never forget it,that's one storm I will never forget,it made front page of the Toronto Sun news paper as lightning caused some fires,I don't think we will get one here but there are people on here that know a lot more than I do when it comes to these kind of storms and know what to look for,I would be happy with any kind of storm as not seen one in many years and I'm losing patience now lol,if today comes of I will be a very happy chappy,plenty of radar watching today I think waiting and hoping in anticipation,will today be my and other members who never get anything day?who knows?Good luck all especially members who haven't had anything in a long time hope you get something! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

You should know by now, that whatever is forecast for us, won't happen smile.png

Tell me about it. Our little area is worse than the twilight zone for storms and interesting weather. Annoying really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Just seen the severe weather forecast had no idea this was coming today! Looks as though we had another narrow miss earlier this morning, Plymouth got battered, pretty much everywhere around Torbay has had a storm the last two weeks :(. Something heading northwards from the channel so hopefully we may finally get a storm.

Interesting radar returns over The Isle of Wight and Portsmouth area

Posted

Annoying really.

We have a thread for the moaners, groaners and poor unfortunates who aren't getting the current storms: biggrin.png

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72153-the-no-storms-club-2012/

Posted

As always with LEWP's the tornadic element within the mature stages are at either side of the line rather than the presumed center of the bow. LEWP, Bow Echoes, Broken-S lines I would be looking out for within these cells.

Posted

Wind has now picked up to around 32mph sustained and a gust of 61mph was just picked up by my weather station!

Its looking acutally deadly to my South at the moment, never seen the sky that dark in a while and the radar reflects this!

Not long now!

SM

Posted

Have to say, I am rather excited with the potential as the day wears on. It might even make discovering my boots have holes in them on a rather wet walk to work today worth while laugh.png At least I remembered an umbrella today...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Gotta favour Line Segments over Supercells but if something can get organised later and remain on it's own with no interactions with other Storms then Supercells remain a possibility.

So would favour Multi Cell Clusters the most today.

Just seen the severe weather forecast had no idea this was coming today! Looks as though we had another narrow miss earlier this morning, Plymouth got battered, pretty much everywhere around Torbay has had a storm the last two weeks sad.png. Something heading northwards from the channel so hopefully we may finally get a storm.

Interesting radar returns over The Isle of Wight and Portsmouth area

Thanks Paul.

2lifrxs.png

Posted

Unrelated to this bow-echo, but there was a Scaffolding collapse in Southsea earlier today. Luckily noone was hurt as result of these strong onshore winds.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/scaffolding-collapses-on-to-six-vehicles-in-southsea-1-3769411

Posted

The cell to my south is gaining strength and looks as though its heading my way! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Woww just had a proper thunderstorm, some incredible rumbles and Lightning strikes! And i can still her it going off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Woww just had a proper thunderstorm, some incredible rumbles and Lightning strikes! And i can still her it going off!

Yeah I just had a text from my mate in Pompy rubbing it in! Looks impressive on the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Good for them. Im not moaning, I was replying to another member.

And to whoever deleted my post answering coast, can you at least have the respect to PM me rarther than just deleting stuff. It's good manners.

Nowt to do with me, but there is a lot of arguing and bickering going on lately. Phil and I have the NSC for people like ourselves who miss out on all the action all the time and wanna rant and rave. so anyone , if you aint had a storm just head over there and moan rant and rave whatever till your hearts content ok smile.png

Posted

Looking like that storm heading into Portsmouth is heading my way

And heading towards SW London too (I think!)

Edited by mulzy

Posted

Sky has gone black to my south west! raining heavily come on thor!!

Posted

My office is in a building with a metal roof and it's been deafening on occasions this morning with the heavy rain in Uxbridge. Looks like it may be an interesting drive home south down the M25 and then north-eastwards on the A3 at 4 this afternoon.

Posted

First fun and games hitting the south coast now

clapping.gif Now if this lot will follow the low around, I might be in line for a proper storm shortly!!!

post-6667-0-34813300-1335350695_thumb.jp

Posted

Paul.....are you hearing those deep rumbles???

Yes

That was quite unnerving for a few minutes. Was between 5-10 of them.

Either

a, Artillery Fire off the Coast and carried on the South Easterly Wind

b, Something went electrical again off the Coast to our East.

Sounded strange though like bombs going off

Posted

Torrential rain here now still no thunder but its still getting dark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not much thundery activity yet despite the intensity and sheer size of some of the cells around. A huge area of very heavy rain has just cleared northeastwards from here and there are some pretty decent ones appearing to the southwest too. Just a gap to get through first with hopefully some warming sun to help.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Has anyone got any good webcam links around that bow-echo? I can't find anything decent.

Also I hope some of you can get some photos or videos, I would love to see what it looks like in reality rather than just on radar.

Looks like I'll have to make do with watching others have the fun again today, but anyway I've had my moan in the no storms club.