Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Part 4

Posted

Yes

That was quite unnerving for a few minutes. Was between 5-10 of them.

Either

a, Artillery Fire off the Coast and carried on the South Easterly Wind

b, Something went electrical again off the Coast to our East.

Sounded strange though like bombs going off

Glad you heard it, thought I was going mad, seems to have gone very quiet now and the wind has dropped a fair bit where I am...calm before the storm???

Posted

Going to be a close call with that Pompey Cell, everything else that far west is being pulled North and then North-Westwards around the Low, this cell seems to still be deviating to the right a fair bit, although that might be it gusting out atm.

Would expect it to hit the Western Parts of London if no more right movement along the coast is denoted.

Bet it has got a Wicked Shelf Cloud viewed from the East though

Going to be a close call with that Pompey Cell, everything else that far west is being pulled North and then North-Westwards around the Low, this cell seems to still be deviating to the right a fair bit, although that might be it gusting out atm.

Would expect it to hit the Western Parts of London if no more right movement along the coast is denoted.

I couldn't be in a better position...

Posted

Was just under that bow echo, just produced a lot of rain in around 5 minutes... was surprised that we didn't get any Lightning from that one, looks like its died a death just before it hit land!

Convection starting to kick off over Northern France.

SM

Posted

big.jpg

Bow selecta!!!!!

post-6667-0-82642400-1335351520_thumb.jp

Posted

Not much thundery activity yet despite the intensity and sheer size of some of the cells around. A huge area of very heavy rain has just cleared northeastwards from here and there are some pretty decent ones appearing to the southwest too. Just a gap to get through first with hopefully some warming sun to help.

Are you in Bristol Mike?

The sky has cleared beautifully in Warminster after 22mm of rain overnight/this morning, the most in 1 day since 3/4 January and probably more to come.

Fast moving low Stratocumulus and disturbed mid-high level altocumulus patches other wise clear blue to the South and the warmest part of the day to help warm

things up ahead of the showers etc that are in the English Channel.

Posted

Still moving a lot further East than I would have thought, C London might get in the mix on this, not looking as great on radar though unfortunately!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Are you in Bristol Mike?

The sky has cleared beautifully in Warminster after 22mm of rain overnight/this morning, the most in 1 day since 3/4 January and probably more to come.

Fast moving low Stratocumulus and disturbed mid-high level altocumulus patches other wise clear blue to the South and the warmest part of the day to help warm

things up ahead of the showers etc that are in the English Channel.

Hi Andy. Yep, I'm in Bristol until Saturday when I return to Egham.

Just need to clear some of the lower cloud to allow for as much warming sun as possible. Currently got my eye on the cell approaching Exeter. :)

Posted

Running the animation sequence on the Extra radar, my current location may just miss out as the front moves NE but it will coincide with lunchtime so I might get some photos/video if it gets close enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

For homegrown's it's worth looking towards the Bristol/Somerset/Gloucestershire area for development and areas to the north of this for tracking over the next couple of hours...Plenty of energy and lift in that area as well as surface convergence and some horizontal & vertical shear between the 1000hpa & 500hpa boundaries judging by current data...could be an interesting afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Sky clearing immediately behind the trough here in Reading. Was pretty blowy for a while. Signs of reintensification in the line along the coast, lucky devils :)

Posted

Definately Shelling out near the Coast, nothing on the radar and brightening in that direction as well.

Sounds good though eh ?

Posted

post-6667-0-09979000-1335353647_thumb.jp

IOW lightning detector not showing the sferics strangely even though they are almost overhead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

For homegrown's it's worth looking towards the Bristol/Somerset/Gloucestershire area for development and areas to the north of this for tracking over the next couple of hours...Plenty of energy and lift in that area as well as surface convergence and some horizontal & vertical shear between the 1000hpa & 500hpa boundaries judging by current data...could be an interesting afternoon

..... Is exactly the kind of posts that should be here! :)

Bring it on! ( Crosses fingers realllllly tightly )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Paul...something is rumbling around as that rumble shook me house!!!search.gif

And again!! !!!search.gif

And again !!!search.gif

God? Your imagination ahah :D

Posted

Definately Shelling out near the Coast, nothing on the radar and brightening in that direction as well.

Sounds good though eh ?

Was getting me quite excited, not heard rumbles like that since last year when we had our only decent storm??

Its certainly got brighter though I must say, but fingers crossed as always

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I like the sound of that, looking at the radar there is a worryingly large area running from Cardiff to Southamton with no activity. Hopefully what you are saying, things shouls start to kick off soon?

Posted

If this keeps up its intensity, the greater London area is going to get clobbered!!