Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Only Another 6 Weeks Until...

Posted

......the nights start drawing in again !!!

Ohh Joy

Hello peeps, not been on here for a few months. House move & v busy at work etc. Let's hope it's an "interesting" Summer followed by a spectacular Autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

......the nights start drawing in again !!!

Ohh Joy

Hello peeps, not been on here for a few months. House move & v busy at work etc. Let's hope it's an "interesting" Summer followed by a spectacular Autumn.

Maybe so but you don't get the effect really to late August so plenty of time yet for the lovely long light evening's would be better still if the sun could get out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I can already smell the Christmas Turkey in the oven and the panic in the MOD thread! help.gifblum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Ahh, what a shame that it will still be another 5 weeks after that until sunset is 8:30pm.. so we have about 3 months of daylight at least this long :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Some people are so negative, who really noticies the nights drawing in until Late August, summer hasn't even started yet.

Posted

Psychological, isn't it.

Once the solstice has been and gone that just leaves July to get through.

After that's over the countdown to shortening daylight can really begin.

Posted

off we go again the perennial half full or half glass approach on just about every weather thread on Net Weather-nowt ever seems to change in that respect!

Posted
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome

No one really needs light after 8:30pm so August is the time were it is noticed, not June.

Despite 'shorter' days after June 21st, the day only gets shorter by about an hour if that after the first month (until end of July).

It's far too early to be bothered about losing the light yet so calm down!

More unfortunate news half related though, plans to abolish the infamous GMT and stay on constant GMT+1 (BST) all year round have been scrapped for some reason and therefore we will still have to rewind our clocks by one hour in October, despite the fact it was expected to be abolished last year.

Edited by hedgehog4

'Infamous GMT'? How sad that one of our lasting legacies to the world is viewed in this manner. BST would no long be BST but CET. We might as well adopt the Paris Meridian while we're at it - in France they celebrated the millennium with a 600 mile picnic along the length of la Meridienne Verte. We're more concerned about having to change clocks twice a year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

No one really needs light after 8:30pm so August is the time were it is noticed, not June.

Despite 'shorter' days after June 21st, the day only gets shorter by about an hour if that after the first month (until end of July).

It's far too early to be bothered about losing the light yet so calm down!

More unfortunate news half related though, plans to abolish the infamous GMT and stay on constant GMT+1 (BST) all year round have been scrapped for some reason and therefore we will still have to rewind our clocks by one hour in October, despite the fact it was expected to be abolished last year.

Unfortunate news? That's excellent news as far as I'm concerned!

As GMT is in synchronicity with the sun I would hardly call it infamous. If anything B.S.T is infamous as it's the tinkering with the clocks in spring to try and make the night go away which means we then have to tinker with them again in autumn to get back to GMT again, a quite ludicrous process which was introduced about 100 years ago so that agricultural workers could work long into what shoud have been the night in an effort to increase their productivity.

I may spearhead a campaign to remain on GMT throughout the year so that we all live by 'sun time' as nature intended.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I agree in principle we should run by sun time but it's too culturally ingrained that for most people, noon is no where near the middle of their waking day. Good luck changing it though!

Posted

off we go again the perennial half full or half glass approach on just about every weather thread on Net Weather-nowt ever seems to change in that respect!

Easy Tiger - 'twas posted in jest !!

Posted

It is about 6 weeks since Easter which doesn't seem that long ago, so it will be here sooner than you think. This year seems to have flown by as it is without people wishing it away!

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

I can already smell the Christmas Turkey in the oven and the panic in the MOD thread! help.gifblum.gif

Ohh yes........Summer's over, let's have a Winter 2012/13 thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I think the concept of 'joking' is severely lacking on Netweather at times!

Yeah, summer 2012 will probably be dull and boring, bring on winter and let the real weather begin (the heat lovers can go to Spain or Poland or Murmansk!) blum.gif

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome

Unfortunate news? That's excellent news as far as I'm concerned!

As GMT is in synchronicity with the sun I would hardly call it infamous. If anything B.S.T is infamous as it's the tinkering with the clocks in spring to try and make the night go away which means we then have to tinker with them again in autumn to get back to GMT again, a quite ludicrous process which was introduced about 100 years ago so that agricultural workers could work long into what shoud have been the night in an effort to increase their productivity.

I may spearhead a campaign to remain on GMT throughout the year so that we all live by 'sun time' as nature intended.

That's exactly what I was saying ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

That's exactly what I was saying ...

Oops, apologies, so you were. I really should have read your post more carefully. Put it down to my age..... mumble mumble.