Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Queens Jubilee Bank Holiday Weather Prospects.

Posted

Thought it may be good to start a thread where people can detail the model output leading up to the 4 day bank Holiday weekend at the start of June. Mods, apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I am getting married on the 2nd, so am hoping things improve!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

My complete guess - cool with showers. But then that's been the weather every single day since early April so a predictable guess!

Or in true British fashion - a warm up that kicks off on the Wednesday after the holiday.Or maybe one that ends on the Friday before...

Posted

Fence sitting then! But actually so true. Going on what JH has been hinting at for a few days i am hoping we at least get a spell of settled weather late May and into early June.

Posted

With a general warm up and overall improvement forecast for at least the next few days, i wonder if someone would be prepared to do a countrywide forecast every day or so for the queen's bank holiday weekend? I'm sure we all have something going on that weekend and I'm sure most will agree that netweather is much more reliable for model reading than any other site! Just a suggestion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Sky News

"It is too far ahead to give details for the Diamond Jubilee weekend, however the general theme for early June is currently a fine one," Lang added.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16231648

Posted

Wow. Almost seems to be doom and gloom everywhere i look re next weekend. I can handle it being cooler but please don't rain! Anyone brave enough to give a 4 day forecast for the queen's jubilee?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Wow. Almost seems to be doom and gloom everywhere i look re next weekend. I can handle it being cooler but please don't rain! Anyone brave enough to give a 4 day forecast for the queen's jubilee?

Still to early to call but what I see from the latest models is for an increasing chance for it to be changeable and cool weather conditions. Long way to go before we really know though!sorry.gifrofl.gifmega_shok.gifhelp.giflazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I'd say gradually getting warmer again from Wednesday, with a ridge from the Azores in time for the weekend.

So settled, sunny & warm away from the East coast.

Posted

So would I mate, but the 06z has shunted the whole thing out into the Atlantic, meaning it'd be very unsettled away from the far West of the country!

Fingers crossed it's an outlier, and keep an eye on the UKMO & ECM to see if they follow suit later on.

Posted

I'm sure GP was quietly confident the weekend would be reasonable from memory? He's usually not far from the mark. Apparently the weather was poor for the coronation itself so ironic really! Still, it is the 06z but will start worrying if the next few runs promote the same prospects.

Posted

Well the met office seem confident it will be fine away from the south and east

Mainly dry and bright for the Jubilee bank holiday weekend across many parts, however the south and east is likely to be rather cloudy at times with a chance of some light showers, especially at first. Mainly light winds are expected, but eastern coasts are likely to see a fresh and cool northerly breeze

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

Posted

I'm sure GP was quietly confident the weekend would be reasonable from memory? He's usually not far from the mark. Apparently the weather was poor for the coronation itself so ironic really! Still, it is the 06z but will start worrying if the next few runs promote the same prospects.

Not going to start worrying about next weekend's weather until Tuesday/Wednesday, there's no point, 6/7 days is a long time in terms of forecasting.

Posted

The beeb have just said there will be no heatwave but lots of sunshine around for the Jubilee bank holiday with rain in the north east, temperatures look like falling to around 12c for some by the end of the week as a northerly wind set's up bringing lots of cloud with the west best for sunshine, rain also possible for Thursday in the south east and east anglia,

I didn't catch the first part of the forecast so I don't know what they were showing upto Wednesday

Edited by Gavin D

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yes Gavin P over the other side and on his excellent videos.

Posted

The latest MetO 15 dayers sounds quite optimistic and I suspect won't be far from what happens:

UK Outlook for Friday 1 Jun 2012 to Sunday 10 Jun 2012:

Mainly dry and bright for the Jubilee bank holiday weekend across many parts, however the south and east is likely to be rather cloudy at times with a chance of some light showers, especially at first. Mainly light winds are expected, but eastern coasts are likely to see a fresh and cool northerly breeze. There is also a chance of more unsettled weather affecting the west and northwest of the UK by the end of the weekend. There are indications that these changeable conditions will probably spread to most areas by the end of the period. Temperatures are likely to be close to average but feeling rather warm in any sunny spells, with sunnier western areas most likely to see above average temperatures.

Updated: 1112 on Sun 27 May 2012

Especially good if you're on a high level camping trip in Snowdonia yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

Don't look too bad for a bit of wildcamping indeed Essan... ;-)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

It'll chuck it down guaranteed with Snow on the Scottish mountains.

Posted

Model output seems to be getting worse for the bank holiday then warming afterwards. You couldn't make this up! Is asking for 100 mile shift east too much to ask at this juncture?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

I just want it to be sunny from 6th June onwards coz that's when I finish my 8 exams!

Come on atmosphere, you can do it!

Posted

Keeping fingers crossed for our street party on Saturday in central Reading. Best guess at present is on the cool side with hopefully only a small chance of a shower...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes my eyes are on Sunday for street party and bbq here. So long as its dry & there's some sun around it'll be ok.