Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Queens Jubilee Bank Holiday Weather Prospects.

Posted

From a London and south perspective the rain looks to have pushed further north for Sunday and doesn't look so intense anyway:

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prec&HH=63&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I see no hope at all. 12 noon - just when I was starting my bbq and look at that horrible vile chart.

Not actually sure how it could time any worse. Any of the days this or last week right up to tomorrow would have been either great or at least decent for a bbq. Sunday with a prediction of 9c and heavy rain really couldn't be any worse. Time to cancel then I guess and cook everything inside sad.png

Yep, its messed a lot of outdoor plans up, last minute changes for people who can change there plans that is! Tbh ,im glad Ive not arranged anything outsideaggressive.gif The rainfall is likely to persist and give the Midlands/Wales/Eastern England in picticular a very wet 24/36hrs the rain lasting into Monday before it slowly dies away to the South.cray.gifmega_shok.gif

Posted

From a London and south perspective the rain looks to have pushed further north for Sunday and doesn't look so intense anyway:

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

yes ironically it is what may well happen with the worst of the rain and lowest temperatures straddling the middle part of England and Wales, much as the post from Bottesford paints for his proposed B-B-Q?

I do feel so sorry for all those who have given a lot of effort into trying to do something special outside after such a glorious previous weekend. HM has a lot to answer for, her Coronation was wet and miserable where I lived and this will be the 2nd time a Jubilee celebration has ended up wet across the middle of the country!

Posted

Totally agree John. As we discussed yesterday everything is gradually being pushed north run by run. Someone will cop it bad and i echo your thoughts on the timing of this.

Posted

yes ironically it is what may well happen with the worst of the rain and lowest temperatures straddling the middle part of England and Wales, much as the post from Bottesford paints for his proposed B-B-Q?

I do feel so sorry for all those who have given a lot of effort into trying to do something special outside after such a glorious previous weekend. HM has a lot to answer for, her Coronation was wet and miserable where I lived and this will be the 2nd time a Jubilee celebration has ended up wet across the middle of the country!

A miserable day indeed.

This year doesn't look as bad now after viewing this chart!

Posted

Yep, BBC forecast for Sunday now down to 9 degrees - could be some local lowest June maxes broken?

I am sure this year there has been a strong correlation between the bad weather and the bank holidays, even to the point of last Monday which would have been a bank holiday turning out hot and sunny and next Monday forecast to be cold and wet. I know all about confimation bias and all that but it does seem a remarkable coincidence ;)

Posted

Our street party was going to be part of the Big Lunch on Sunday, but because it's close to the local church and might have cause traffic problems we decided to move it to tomorrow. I suggested having it on Monday, but it looks like the rest of the organisers are better long-term weather forecasters than I am whistling.gif. Keeping fingers crossed for everyone - and hoping that most of the Sunday parties will not be affected too badly...

Posted

A miserable day indeed.

This year doesn't look as bad now after viewing this chart!

take it from me in the Derbyshire area it was a pretty cold wet and miserable Coronation Day-I think 1978 was not that great for some but not looked at a chart to check.

just had a look and it seems my memory was at fault, although I am sure on one of the days involved it was fairly cold and not that pleasant in the Manchester area?!

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

GFS now giving 18c in the south for Sunday with the front further north again. With apologies to those further north but... the further north the better! Another 100 miles north means muggy but drier 15c instead of the current 8-10c and horrible rain. A big difference for outdoor stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

GFS now giving 18c in the south for Sunday with the front further north again. With apologies to those further north but... the further north the better! Another 100 miles north means muggy but drier 15c instead of the current 8-10c and horrible rain. A big difference for outdoor stuff!

TBH, I feel really sorry for any outdoor events especially for the events planed for the southern half of the Uk! Yuk sums it up. Not only is it going to be persistent rain but temperatures only of 8/9c generally, that just adds insult to injury. I for one enjoy cool weather but I know of some who dont! Looks as though Sw England may miss the worst of the weather on Sunday in any brightness temperatures may reach the early teens, judging by the latest NMM model. Anway despite the weather , I hope everyone has a good time!good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

post-6830-0-20232800-1338621274_thumb.pn

post-6830-0-89168000-1338621306_thumb.pn

Posted

well the concert 2-night should be dry just!! but the weather after that is horrible, out side at the moment is more like november her in-doors whant the heating put back on !!!

• 4 months later...