Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bbc Weather Reviews

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Ever since the BBC updated it's weather website the daily weather reviews which outlined max/min temps, rainfall max, etc and included a description of the past day's weather nationwide seem to have ceased! I for one found them very interesting and I saved them as a record of our weather. Does anyone know if they still exist or if not will they be returning? I have tried emailing BBC on numerous occasions but no one has replied. If they have gone forever are there any similar reports elsewhere?

Edited by Timer

Posted

I think this may be a similar review of daily events. This is one for 2000. http://www.met.rdg.ac.uk/~brugge/diary2000.html

For past months and seasons, go to the Climate Summary section on the Met Office website.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I think this may be a similar review of daily events. This is one for 2000. http://www.met.rdg.a.../diary2000.html

For past months and seasons, go to the Climate Summary section on the Met Office website.

Wow, if you change the date at the top in your browser you can get every year's review. I say wow because I've just reminded myself of Jan '10 and of course that infamous December......gives you goosebumps reading how good those spells were. Near 40cm of level snow in Sheffield during the Nov/Dec 2010 spell.....astonishing.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Thank you ASWT for that link - as Crewe Cold says you can get an excellent summary of each day's weather for recent years.

If, as I do, you save an associated weather chart and satellite photo for each day it gives a good historical record of our weather.