Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

As the weather starts to show hints of more spring like weather, a shiny new thread to discuss the weather for your region...

Old Thread here ----------->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It's a beautiful Spring day here in Norwich. Very warm and a touch hazy with some cloud and a nice warm breeze. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just thought I'd look at models for next weekend.

This chart for Sunday looks pretty fine to me.good.gif

It's a beautiful Spring day here in Norwich. Very warm and a touch hazy with some cloud and a nice warm breeze. biggrin.png

It's gone quite dull here, near Chelmsford.

post-11059-0-79771800-1337354148_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's gone quite dull here, near Chelmsford.

Same here......very dull and overcast, but it hasn't been a bad day

I like the look of that chart for Sunday the 27th - fingers crossed that one comes off, I have some outdoorsy stuff to do that day and could really do with it being fine and dry !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Bank pls :)

Posted

Same here......very dull and overcast, but it hasn't been a bad day

I like the look of that chart for Sunday the 27th - fingers crossed that one comes off, I have some outdoorsy stuff to do that day and could really do with it being fine and dry !

Tomorrow also looks decent, temps at 19c in good sunny spells. A rarity for a Saturday ;-)

Posted

http://www.meteociel...ech=6&archive=0

ukmo charts look dry tomorrow but wet on sunday

drying up on monday onwards

ecm

ECM1-72.GIF?18-0

21st looks dry and breezy

a slight risk of showers in the south east

ECM1-96.GIF?18-0

22nd looks dry but still a slightly chilly breeze

ECM1-120.GIF?18-0

23rd and dry and less wind temperatures around 22 degrees

will feel nice

ECM1-144.GIF?18-0

24th dry sunny and warm with light winds

24-25 degrees possible

ECM1-168.GIF?18-0

still warm around 22 degrees

i would not be surprised to see some home grown storms popping up here

ECM1-216.GIF?18-0

27th still around 21 degrees and dry but showers on the way from the south west

ECM1-240.GIF?18-0

28th yuk nonono.gif

Edited by john pike

Posted

I see the BBC TV forecaster (I've already forgotten which one!) mentioned a miserable upcoming week for North Sea coasts, with lots of haar / fret. Hopefully it won't be a problem for my area, being quite far south and with less of a sea fetch than further north and we are now getting late into Spring.

Personally, this is my worst type of weather; a week or more of gloomy, cold weather, which is made more unbearable because other parts of the country are often basking in sunshine. Like I said though, in my experience, it is starting to get late for it to happen here and I'm confident I'll have some reasonable sunshine, even if other places are sunnier and warmer still.

Posted

I see the BBC TV forecaster (I've already forgotten which one!) mentioned a miserable upcoming week for North Sea coasts, with lots of haar / fret. Hopefully it won't be a problem for my area, being quite far south and with less of a sea fetch than further north and we are now getting late into Spring.

Personally, this is my worst type of weather; a week or more of gloomy, cold weather, which is made more unbearable because other parts of the country are often basking in sunshine. Like I said though, in my experience, it is starting to get late for it to happen here and I'm confident I'll have some reasonable sunshine, even if other places are sunnier and warmer still.

Your far to south to experience north sea miserableness....

In mid/ late May its very hard for any of the north sea mist to stick south of the wash. The sun is far too strong - stronger than in August! And will melt/break up the mist and cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

I am also wondering if my area will get much sunshine with the setup as it is, I am only 12 miles from the North Norfolk coast and 35 miles from the East, so will be interesting to see if the sun is strong enough to burn back the murk, fingers crossed.

Edited by TobyT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Very dull and overcast in Norwich at the time of writing. (11:03) and quite chilly. But could rain be on way. There seems to be a fairly large blue blob nearby on the map. (please excuse use of non met office terminology. I'm a novice. Lol) :D

Posted

The weather has brightened up here now. The day is a lot better than I was expecting.

Posted

The weather has brightened up here now. The day is a lot better than I was expecting.

Yes, only two days ago the BBC were forecasting dull wet weather for our region today and cold temps.

Really looking forward to this coming week, temps could hit mid twenties in London

Posted

Be good if we did! Much nicer than I was forecast here today by the MO, hit 16.5c and it's been sunny mostly. Wish the wind would go though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

THIS WEEKS MENU........

post-11193-0-31887900-1337536932_thumb.jpost-11193-0-65079600-1337536899_thumb.ppost-11193-0-66554200-1337536994_thumb.ppost-11193-0-07191700-1337537109_thumb.ppost-11193-0-17366300-1337537122_thumb.p

Posted

THIS WEEKS MENU........

post-11193-0-31887900-1337536932_thumb.jpost-11193-0-65079600-1337536899_thumb.ppost-11193-0-66554200-1337536994_thumb.ppost-11193-0-07191700-1337537109_thumb.ppost-11193-0-17366300-1337537122_thumb.p

Almost makes me drool! Pity I've got such a rubbish week at work coming up.

Ended up being a nice day here; even yesterday I wasn't expecting it. As snowgirlkent implies though, the breeze could be warmer. Didn't notice it earlier, but with the setting sun now, it's quite fresh out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

i finished uni last week and now i have nothing to do but appreciate the sun! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

Well it remained cool and overcast here in North Norfolk all day yesterday with a top temp of 11c and a brisk cold northerly, it`s much the same this morning I just hope we see some sun by the middle of the week as this grey weather is driving me nuts, here`s hoping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Errr where's the sun then?!

Unfortunately it was never meant to be sunny today...clouds may try to break late this afternoon from the west of our region.

Tomorrow looks sunnier tho :)

Like I was saying at the end of the previous thread, this setup always meant our region would be furthest from the high pressure with northern and western areas of UK getting the best of it.

Should still feel nice and warm/pleasant when we get the sun from tomorrow and lose today's rather chilly wind!

By the end of the week we will pick up an easterly/south easterly breeze thanks to the scandi hp, which will make things a little cooler than midweek

Edited by Suburban Streamer