Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted

Tomorrow looks to be the real sunny weather come through.

I'm not sure about the previous post about our region being cooler than elsewhere. 24c in London tomorrow and 25c on Wednesday!

No where in western areas is that temp forecast

Guest archiesmummy

Unfortunately it was never meant to be sunny today...clouds may try to break late this afternoon from the west of our region.

Tomorrow looks sunnier tho :)

Like I was saying at the end of the previous thread, this setup always meant our region would be furthest from the high pressure with northern and western areas of UK getting the best of it.

Should still feel nice and warm/pleasant when we get the sun from tomorrow and lose today's rather chilly wind!

By the end of the week we will pick up an easterly/south easterly breeze thanks to the scandi hp, which will make things a little cooler than midweek

I think you might be right unfortunately, looking at the country file weather for the week they did say that the breeze will make it feel cooler, still will be nice to see the sun but in any breeze will make it feel a couple of degrees cooler. they did say too that along the east coast could be a good 5c cooler, if not more than inland and that the warmer temps would be further west.

Still like I said will be nice to see the sun, this grey cloud we have is the worst weather, its just boring!

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Tomorrow looks to be the real sunny weather come through.

I'm not sure about the previous post about our region being cooler than elsewhere. 24c in London tomorrow and 25c on Wednesday!

No where in western areas is that temp forecast

depends what you mean by western areas...Those temps are certainly expected to be reached in the West Midlands & north and east Wales

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

What about west Wales we usually fare best with an easterly?dirol.gif

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Please can the sunny warm weather hold out til Sunday? I risking my first camping trip for agesbiggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

For several days the gfs has been going for some moderate-high cape values and therefore tstorm potential for wed/thurs. I thought the hp would kill off any showers but gfs still going for it. Hit and miss of course but potential seems to be there for isolated thundery showers

still not sure if gfs has this right tho, but something to keep an eye on

Sun breaking thru here in nw London....feels lovely and warm :) currently 14.7 but feels warmer

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Quite a cloudy, breezy day here near Chelmsford. Definitely not a warm one either. In fact yesterday was better i.m.h.o. Tomorrow looks much better though.

Posted

Well the latest tv forecast on bbc news 24 with matt Taylor was an amazing one.

Yes cloudy mornings before 10am but then after sunshine all the way for the SE.

Temps could get as high as 26c tomorrow in the SE.

25 on Wednesday and 24 on Thursday!

Friday he said will be even sunnier but with more of a breeze at 22c, but with the strength of the sun he said will feel every bit as warm.

Posted

For several days the gfs has been going for some moderate-high cape values and therefore tstorm potential for wed/thurs. I thought the hp would kill off any showers but gfs still going for it. Hit and miss of course but potential seems to be there for isolated thundery showers

still not sure if gfs has this right tho, but something to keep an eye on

Sun breaking thru here in nw London....feels lovely and warm :) currently 14.7 but feels warmer

I hope not, could we just have a week of dry, warm weather please... Lol

I don't want to keep moving the garden cushions indoors then back out again ;-)

I mentioned previously but the latest TV forecast has a dry warm and fairly sunny week for me and most of uk

Usual places on north sea coasts suffering though with mist and low cloud.

Edited by Anthonyb

Guest archiesmummy

Well the sun did come out and was lovely waking round one of the local lakes and feeding the ducks, the grey boring weather can stay away, don't mind a good overnight thunderstorm tho!

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I don't think I have ever been as excited about a period of good weather as I am about the coming week. Hey, we deserve it after putting up with all the miserable cold wet weather we've had thoughout April and May so far. Most years I rarely find myself on netweather in the "summer" as there is so much to do outdoors, but this year I've found myself looking at the model output discussion in desperation for a hint of sunshine. Finally I have been rewarded:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well the sun did come out and was lovely waking round one of the local lakes and feeding the ducks, the grey boring weather can stay away, don't mind a good overnight thunderstorm tho!

Sunny here all afternoon - and it should get even better over the next few days, I hope so anyway I have plans for Wednesday afternoon....

post-10773-0-71641900-1337626704.jpg

Deputy Chief Forecaster Baden Hall from the MetO explains the forecast for the week ahead.......

Guest archiesmummy

Very cloudy here again this morning, sun hopefully out this afternoon, temp should be quite pleasent!

Posted

I went out for an early morning walk today - 5:45 to 6:45.

It was a bit strange in that the wind was blowing maybe force 4-5, so noticeable, yet it was also misty too - the sort of mist that we might get here when the wind is blowing straight off the sea. The funny thing was that the wind direction didn't imply it had recently been - it seemed N N/W, so offshore where I am. I'd have thought that a reasonable strength wind would have lifted any mist to become low cloud, if the air hadn't recently been over water. Evidence this morning suggested otherwise though.

Another consequence was that my car didn't start this morning. wallbash.gif I've a sports car that I rarely use, as it's so thirsty and an old banger that I use for day to day stuff. The old banger doesn't like the damp.

Brightening up at work nicely now though.biggrin.png

Posted

I went out for an early morning walk today - 5:45 to 6:45.

Brightening up at work nicely now though.biggrin.png

I wasn't the only one awake at silly o'clock this morning then !

*note to self* must shut bedroom blinds properly to black out sunlight - it was quite nice though and it's really hotting up here in MK now good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Beautiful here in Norwich. Warm without being too hot. I sincerely hope this warm spell brings some thunder along though. Any observations on that peeps? :D

Posted

Woo Hoo !! Just looked at temp here and it's 21°C

clapping.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

I sincerely hope this warm spell brings some thunder along though. Any observations on that peeps? :D

Something I'm watching with interest! Following on from post yesterday, gfs still going for mod-high cape tomorrow arvo/early eve and even more on Thursday. However very much isolated showers with Thursday seemingly the best chance, albeit, still a rather small chance. Most people suggesting it will be central and maybe western areas at main risk but u never know.

Good to see Gp jumping aboard the hp train :)

Beautiful sunshine here today. A lovely breeze too.

I can't beat mk's temp but a very nice 19.5 here in nw London :)

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

I wasn't the only one awake at silly o'clock this morning then !

*note to self* must shut bedroom blinds properly to black out sunlight - it was quite nice though and it's really hotting up here in MK now good.gif

The only reason I went out really was that I slobbed out a bit at the weekend, watching football all Saturday afternoon and evening. I'm also bound to be a slob when on holiday soon, so will do something in the meantime to avoid any guilt.drinks.gif

Posted

Beautiful sunshine here today. A lovely breeze too.

Roll on home time!!!! clapping.gif

Posted

Lovely break in the sunshine and a late lunch in the garden....sooooooo nice out there roll on tomorrow afternoon when I can stay out an enjoy it for longer biggrin.png

Posted

Amazing weather in North west London at the moment. Sunny skies and temps at 25.5c

Sitting in my mums garden with a glass of vino!

Hello summer :-)

Posted

Sitting in my mums garden with a glass of vino!

Hello summer :-)

Nice name your Mum's got there........

5-Free-Summer-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Happy-Smiling-Sun.jpg