Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

70 here in Norwich. Slight breeze and hazy skies. 65% chance of storms tomorrow if we're lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Looks like Altnaharra (sp?) was the hotspot today (26.9C at 16:00, 0.2C ahead of the Solent high yesterday).

Very nice day here in the end.

Is the storm risk really that high tomorrow? Good if it happens.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

peaked here at 26.8c now 26.1 and clouded over. forecast for tomorrow is 29c!! cool.png

Guest archiesmummy

This just from met office Twitter

Today's top temperature was 27.3 °C recorded at Altnaharra in Scotland. In England, the warmest was 26.9 °C at Heathrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

It was almost uncomfortable sitting in the hole that will eventually turned into a pond. quite hot in there but sitting in the grass is nice. i love this weather, but to be honest I love weather in general! the only problem is that its quite hazey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It was almost uncomfortable sitting in the hole that will eventually turned into a pond. quite hot in there but sitting in the grass is nice. i love this weather, but to be honest I love weather in general! the only problem is that its quite hazey.

post-10773-0-37677000-1337795993_thumb.g

lol - you sound like your a frog blum.gif

I love this weather (it can only be beaten by at least 2 foot of snow in my opinion) but a thunderstorm at night would be good end to the day and it would save me having to water the plants (it takes much longer filling a can up from the water butt than using the hose)

Days don't get much better than this one,a lazy afternoon in the garden and now a BBQ....

....and I've been waiting for ages to say this..........

post-10773-0-69424700-1337796173_thumb.j

clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Some colleagues are holding a meeting outside due to the weather - I remember that used to happen at junior school with some classes, especially during the latter part of the summer term of 1976. Unlike at school my colleagues don't seem to be flicking each other's ears and throwing grass at each other (at least not yet).

Edit: they've just come back in with grass stains on their knees. Maybe the meeting was more interesting than I thought....

AS

Haha, I remember that happening too, lessons under the tree in the field, probably was in 1976 (old enough for memories, young enough to be at primary school)

Posted

Just completely loving this weather. Shorts and t shirt in the garden sipping a beer while the charcoal burns :-)

Just seen the BBC London weather forecast and it's sunny skies right through to Sunday.

Yes it will be cooler but as Peter pointed out, the easterly breeze will blow pollution/pollen and haze away. Shower risk also gone for tomorrow which is excellent even though was a 10% chance anyway.

Temps as high as 29c in west London tomorrow...

Posted

Well, from 65% chance of storms for tomorrow it's now 0% . I don't get it. What a let down. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Haha, I remember that happening too, lessons under the tree in the field, probably was in 1976 (old enough for memories, young enough to be at primary school)

I remember something like that, too. There were only two of us.wink.png

Posted

Well, from 65% chance of storms for tomorrow it's now 0% . I don't get it. What a let down. :(

Not sure it was ever 65% chance of storms. It was always a very low risk.

Incidentally the west midlands and east Wales storm risk has actually increased for tomorrow.

Posted

It was on the 'Storm Risk" chart. Ah you know, the little squares with lightning symbols. :D One day I'll get the terminology right. Lol.

Posted

It was on the 'Storm Risk" chart. Ah you know, the little squares with lightning symbols. :D One day I'll get the terminology right. Lol.

Haha yeah I know the ones.

Thats what I call em too ;-)

Posted

I remember something like that, too. There were only two of us.wink.png

Lots of excluded kids or just a small school?!

Watched eldest's cricket match tonight, idyllic summer scene, hazy sun, warmth rising off the stone terrace, conversation, a beer, driving 3/11ths of the team home with windows down and shouting above the wind noise what we thought of the match. Would have been better had they won, but not that much better.

AS

Posted

Weeelll, it's a blooming cheek raising a girls hopes only to have them so cruelly shattered. :( *sob* Ah well, enjoy the sun while we have it.

Posted

under a tree, yes, I had forgotten that bit! My daughter went on an all day hike around the north downs today with her junior school - training for a week in Snowdonia. Came home tired, hot, happy and enthused. When it snows the school also sends them into the park/woods in which the school is set, to go sledging. It's a great approach I think.

Still very warm here - about 19c

AS

Posted

It's 17.4c already risen a degree in 15 minutes..... BBC only have faversham with a high of 19c today, don't think tats correct.... Plus the sun has been out a lot earlier than last few days when it took until 10amish to show itself..... Reckon it is going to possibly reach 27/28c here today..... I know gfs has been overlooking thunderstorm potential but we may tweak something out today, looking at yesterday's nuclear implosion over Belgium/holland/ Germany.... The ingredients are there....

[

Edited by Will Padz

Posted

It's 17.4c already risen a degree in 15 minutes..... BBC only have faversham with a high of 19c today, don't think tats correct.... Plus the sun has been out a lot earlier than last few days when it took until 10amish to show itself..... Reckon it is going to possibly reach 27/28c here today..... I know gfs has been overlooking thunderstorm potential but we may tweak something out today, looking at yesterday's nuclear implosion over Belgium/holland/ Germany.... The ingredients are there....

[

Well the latest forecast from carol on bbc breakfast has no mention of storms what so ever today. Infact the SE see the sunniest weather with a couple blue blobs on the graphics for west midlands. I hope this is the case as I don't want this lovely weather spoilt by a pathetic attempt at a thunderstorm.

29c expected in London today confirmed by BBC with temps a sticky 17-19c tonight.

Posted

Still cloudy here (Chelmsford area) although it's probably just earlier fog that's now lifted. I'm expecting the sun within half an hour to an hour.

Thanks to those updating with forecasts. I'm a bit too busy at work to do any analysis for myself this week.

Posted

[

We had some altocumulus castellanus cloud yesterday evening, where I live, indicating atmospheric instability. Were there big storms over the Low Countries then?

Posted

Yesterday's satellite showed what looked like an explosion.....it's was pretty huge and gave hail over 4cm diameter and a ton of lightening.... Was quite impressive......any how it's now 18.6c outside..... Scorchio is today's watch word...... Making a Thai curry and mango chutney today so hopefully will be sitting outside this evening with an ice cold beer enjoying the warmth and humidity......enjoy everyone.....

Posted

Yesterday's satellite showed what looked like an explosion.....it's was pretty huge and gave hail over 4cm diameter and a ton of lightening....

Windscreen shattering size then!ohmy.png

Looking forward to winding down after this afternoon and enjoying the weekend. I hope everyone else here does too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Encouraged by the level 1 warning from estofex. Showers will still of course be hit and miss but hopefully I/we get lucky!

Gotta make use of all that cape.....pls!

Absolutely gorgeous out there :)

Edited by Suburban Streamer