Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted

Blooming baking up already out there. Feels a lot hotter than yesterday at this time!

Looking forward to a hot day today. BBQ later. Also a cracking weekend coming up, clear blue skies and I see BBC are increasing temps for Sunday in the SE to 26c

Guest archiesmummy

35.5c here, now that's hot!

Ok ok ok that's in the greenhouse! Is actually showing 22.8c but does feel hotter, hoping for a cool down overnight, 9month old babies don't do well with muggy nights!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

35.5c here, now that's hot!

Ok ok ok that's in the greenhouse! Is actually showing 22.8c but does feel hotter, hoping for a cool down overnight, 9month old babies don't do well with muggy nights!

I know how your baby's feeling! My water heater has decided that it wants to not only heat up the water, but to also heat up my radiators too and it also seems to want to make sure the radiators are nicely warmed before it heats the hot water tank! Great timing! wallbash.gif My house was pretty uncomfortable last night as a consequence.

Edited by Speed67

Guest archiesmummy

Warmest spot at 1pm today might surprise people - Eskdalemuir, Dumfries & Galloway, at 25.7C. More warming to come this afternoon. #heatwave -- MeteoGroup UK

That just off twitter, don't know if they use met office official weather stations, certainly feels warmer here but don't think can guarantee the accuracy of my weather stations 26.2c!

Speed67, what timing! Naughty radiators! As soon as you get them fixed the weather will get cooler!

Posted

Warmest spot at 1pm today might surprise people - Eskdalemuir, Dumfries & Galloway, at 25.7C. More warming to come this afternoon. #heatwave -- MeteoGroup UK

That just off twitter, don't know if they use met office official weather stations, certainly feels warmer here but don't think can guarantee the accuracy of my weather stations 26.2c!

Speed67, what timing! Naughty radiators! As soon as you get them fixed the weather will get cooler!

I look here. It must be linked in to official stations - although there's an obvious rogue reading currently..

http://www.weatheron...t&DATE=--&CEL=C

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Lol yes I don't think anywhere will get 30c! What's your view on storm risks tonight?

Clear blue skies across our region no cloud build up yet. So I hope it stays that way as I have friends over for a BBQ and its my night off work, I do not want it spoilt by rain!

All in my favour though, even if showers do crop up you will be very unlucky to catch one.

ECM and 06z both showing more warm weather to come next week

Posted

Clear blue skies across our region no cloud build up yet. So I hope it stays that way as I have friends over for a BBQ and its my night off work, I do not want it spoilt by rain!

All in my favour though, even if showers do crop up you will be very unlucky to catch one.

ECM and 06z both showing more warm weather to come next week

I agree with your thoughts on showers. It looks like something is starting to develop now northwest of London - Hemel Hempstead area, so it'll be interesting to see if this continues.

I think my chance of seeing anything is close to zero this eve. AM may have a higher chance, although it looks like development, if any, will be a few miles northwest of Chigwell.

Probably famous last words though....whistling.gif

Edited by Speed67

Guest archiesmummy

Just out of interest, am I right in thinking that sometimes convection rainfall can occur from the heat of the day and that this type of rainfall can be difficult to forecast and becomes very much a nowcast situation?

Posted

I agree with your thoughts on showers. It looks like something is starting to develop now northwest of London - Hemel Hempstead area, so it'll be interesting to see if this continues.

I think my chance of seeing anything is close to zero this eve. AM may have a higher chance, although it looks like development, if any, will be a few miles northwest of Chigwell.

Probably famous last words though....whistling.gif

I'm in my mums garden in st Albans - Hemel Hempstead next door and we have blue skies.

Posted

Just out of interest, am I right in thinking that sometimes convection rainfall can occur from the heat of the day and that this type of rainfall can be difficult to forecast and becomes very much a nowcast situation?

Definitely.

Have a quick read about this storm from 1975. This would have been interesting to experience, but probably a bit much tbh.

http://www.weather-uk.com/hampstead/page3.html

Guest archiesmummy

Definitely.

Have a quick read about this storm from 1975. This would have been interesting to experience, but probably a bit much tbh.

http://www.weather-uk.com/hampstead/page3.html

Thanks for that! Wow!

I was only 2months old! That's pretty intense, I know that you can be in one place and have rain or snow and nothing just a short distance down the road, in this case the storm didn't move so places quite close by got hardly anything, is really the luck or unluck of the draw.

Thanks for that would have been mad to have been there and see it!

Posted

I'm in my mums garden in st Albans - Hemel Hempstead next door and we have blue skies.

I'm only going by the radar, which shows the lightest category of precipitation, between HH, Amersham and Berkhamsted. It might not even be reaching the ground. It might not even get any worse - just something to watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Plenty of random clouds floating in from the ne here in nw London, but nothing menacing....

Posted

Plenty of random clouds floating in from the ne here in nw London, but nothing menacing....

Yes, looking back on the radar history, it strikes me it could just be a glitch, as there's similar results for the last couple of hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

These clouds look to be passing over me and then gathering/growing.....my sw horizan looks nice....maybe gonna give a t storm to Wiltshire areas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Feeling hot, hot, hot - 25.5°c here now but my temperature gauge got up to 29 earlier (not sure how accurate it is but it's not in direct sunlight)

I'd rather be outside in the sun than in here working really but I'm so lucky I'm in a cool shady treatment room and there is quite a nice breeze blowing in through the open windows good.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Fantastic this summery weather!

This video always makes me think of a British summer.

blum.gif

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Fabulous morning here. We have a refreshing, but not cold, breeze.

Yesterday was a bit too muggy for my liking ( although it was brilliant weather for sitting around with something alcoholic )