Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 9

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

when does wall to wall sunshine ever last for 2 weeks or more in this country

Rarely if ever. The UK is one of the cloudiest countries in the world, wall to wall sunshine for two weeks or more is virtually unheard of. This is not the Mediterranean!

Edited by Aaron

Posted

i know which is why i expect this upcoming sunny spell to last 5 days max, so im not surprised it will end when some horrible cloudy easterly returns

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well the sun looks like being short lived, before a return to the gloom :(

Well you should have gone to barmouth warm and sunny in west Wales!

Posted

Much brighter than I was expecting this morning with some hazy sunshine, currently 13c but now that nagging easterly winds died off it feels pleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Holy smokes!....some glorious weather around the next few days and yet some of you are still moaning!!...Jeez, get outside and enjoy the sun!..........For the record, after some low cloud early doors, it's now a beautiful day, lots of sunshine & warm...long may it continue! biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very last drabs of mist leaving, blue sky 17c. Hope the warm weather extends to the weekend.

Posted

It's looking increasing likely to turn unsettled and cooler next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Such fab weather at the moment. Started generally cloudy this morning, but I guess the clouds got bored of the Midlands now. :) Hazy now, but sunny. Kinda shame if does go down the drain next week, though at least we've still got some bright, dry days to enjoy. And there may still be a small chance of some upgrades. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Good god, it's way sunnier than expected today and very warm yet people are still moaning and/or looking for the breakdown. Get outside and enjoy it just like I am right now. People are quick to jump on the breakdown but fail to mention how glorious it is today. The negativity in this forum is increasingly getting frustrating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Contrary to the moaning in here, the West Midlands will actually be one of the best regions to be this week along with Wales (Esp NE Wales) and parts of the NW for the highest temperatures this week. Tomorrow was looking like 20c or so but now 23c or even 24c looks achievable. Wednesday could push a 26c. Thursday and Friday both upto about 23c then a little cooler but pleasantly warm. Mostly sunny all week bar a little morning cloud maybe but quickly burning away. Much to be happy with. After the last 2 months of horrible weather, anyone who complains is quite honestly a fool.

Posted

My gosh much better than I was expecting today, unbroken sunshine most of the afternoon with light winds and a high of 18c which felt more like 30c in the strong May sun, perfect!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks like my Spring max temp wont be in March, will be higher than 20.9C tomorrow

need Wednesday 30th dry as the 0lympic torch arrives in Stafford, Newport Road then town centre between 5.30-7pm

Edited by Snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

Looks like it could be a washoutwink.png

Posted

Holy smokes!....some glorious weather around the next few days and yet some of you are still moaning!!...Jeez, get outside and enjoy the sun!..........For the record, after some low cloud early doors, it's now a beautiful day, lots of sunshine & warm...long may it continue! biggrin.png

im just being cautious as last weekend and today was supposed to be warm here, 16 or 17 c and it was freezing and dull at the weekend and today was 14c and cloudy, but if we get a whole week of warm sunshine i will be more than happy.

Posted

Blizzards, it is not glorious here today, not as cold as the weekend but still dull and cool

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Blizzards, it is not glorious here today, not as cold as the weekend but still dull and cool

Cloud was forecast for the SE quadrant (I guess Bedford is as much in the south east as it is the Midlands)...tomorrow though you should join in with the glorious warm weather

Posted

we are neither the midlands or the south east but i prefer to post in here

Posted

Decent convective risk still there Wednesday evening with decent levels of CAPE for much of the North & West Midlands, eastern parts may well stay grey all day so a much lower risk but it does seem possible for isolated cells to form and then drift west before dying out after sunset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

AT LAST , I saw decent sunshine after 2pm since about the end of March.

My new solar panel on the boat finally had the chance to deliver some serious ampage.

It has been so dull,windy and cold, before that drenching showers and windy. In all my years cruising the canals I have never experienced an April and May like it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Indeed, it could get rather warm to even bordering on hot in the next few days, but I must admit if Netweather's 10 day forecast for Solihull is correct, it could even reach up to 28*C on Wednesay. I suspect the 10 day forecast is probably over doing the temperatures a touch, considering the actual GFS 18Z run itself has tempertures a little lower than that, although does look likely temperatures will at least reach around or close to the mid-twenties as mentioned by Blizzards. :)

The only other time I can remember temperatures reaching close to that was May 2006 (I think it was). Mind you, with the right setup, wouldn't be overly unusuall to see temperatures peaking to around 28*C here in May, with the fact 29*C was once recorded in April in London: (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/5196345/Warm-April-set-fair-for-weather-record.html - last paragraph).

Posted

GFS 18z is certainly pretty dry for the next week and warm but not quite as warm as earlier runs which is a little surprising but im almost certain it is undercooking them. Met Office clearly going for low to mid twenties until at least Saturday. Today (Tuesday) could reach 24-25c now and has upgraded pretty much all through Monday!

Posted

No comments in the Midlands must be warm and sunny!

Posted

Already very warm here. Will be hot in the sun this afternoon. Amazing considering last week it was snowing!!!!!

Posted

Fabulous day in Warwick - Plenty of sunshine and currently 24.6C. Nice not having to work today!

Makes a change from all the recent rain.