Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 9

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

first off, I'm well aware of why cloud bubbled up earlier, I posted an accurate summary in this thread earlier today......secondly, I must admit, I've not seen a cumulus field like this develop over Wales the past few days on satellite....thirdly, we have a cumulus field here, post cold front, that is not dissipating, and last but not least, this is almost certainly due to LLC, which has been modelled on hi-res output...So, in summary, all is not lost....I'm not saying we're going to see widespread thunderstorms, but the potential for the odd discrete shower/storm is most definitely there

I will go along with this....I'm in a particularly pessimistic mood today.....lol. It's what a crap weekend at work and storm starvation do to you.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I will go along with this....I'm in a particularly pessimistic mood today.....lol. It's what a crap weekend at work and storm starvation do to you.

I feel your pain re. no storms.....my van conked out yesterday, so had to get it repaired today thus no work for me.....but I reckoned that this was a good omen, as I'd be forced to stay at home on a day with convective potential, and I'd thus get that storm I so crave.............................I think I reckoned wrong doh.gif

Posted

I feel your pain re. no storms.....my van conked out yesterday, so had to get it repaired today thus no work for me.....but I reckoned that this was a good omen, as I'd be forced to stay at home on a day with convective potential, and I'd thus get that storm I so crave.............................I think I reckoned wrong doh.gif

Lol just seen that 12z GFS precipitation frame for 15.00 hrs......it couldn't really have been more wrong for round these here parts. Think we should get on the road early one day and just camp somewhere out east for the day and wait for the inevitable storms to arrive! haha.

Coventry has recorded 25C+ for 7 consecutive days now which is incredible for May and even in mid summer not that common.

The highest being 26C what a shock come friday night with temps around 23C colder than that.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Don't think they are headed west though more to the north not checked it though yet.

Posted

Nice to see tommorow has upgraded from initially being forecast to be around 17/18c with North Sea cloud, now looks like 22-24c with plenty of sunshine again!

High of 24.5c here in the end today, mixture of sunnier and cloudier spells but with the high humidity and light winds its felt the hottest day of the spell thus far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seriously what on Earth keeps making these cold fronts/troughs reach the East ALWAYS on time for peak heating???

NEVER does that happen here. GFS toys with a little chance tomorrow but other models dont really agree wby the looks of it. Wednesday is beginning to downgrade a little too. However at least we get to enjoy the warm weather at least whilst the SE enjoys some cool rain. :p

Posted
Coventry has recorded 25C+ for 7 consecutive days now which is incredible for May and even in mid summer not that common.

Great stat Eugene, same here as well. However today may well be the final day of the sequence.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Those Cumulus clouds this afternoon really didn't put up much of a fight (lol). I guess, as was said, the Cold Front and instability went just a bit too far East this afternoon leaving our storm shields untouched again. Yo storms! Ensure you visit the West next time! blum.gif

Has felt rather warm today, and still feels very warm with the temperature slightly below 24*C, currently. :)

Posted

I think we all need to remember we are so early into the uk storm season. Pleased the south east had some storms today but they were nothing to write home about. We all need a nice Spanish plume. The all nighters in the 90s were the best. 2012 could still be the year we all remember for some great storms. We will just have to wait and see.

Posted

Sucks that we're coming to the end of the warm spell, but it's been a good one. I mean, how often do we see over 5 days of consecutive blue skies and warm temperatures around here?! Can't say I remember many. Was really looking forward to a rumble of thunder today too, but that doesn't look like it's happening. Here's hoping the warm weather returns soon enough.

Posted

I think we all need to remember we are so early into the uk storm season. Pleased the south east had some storms today but they were nothing to write home about. We all need a nice Spanish plume. The all nighters in the 90s were the best. 2012 could still be the year we all remember for some great storms. We will just have to wait and see.

There were pictures of Rochester under water, frequent lighning etc...what more do you want from a storm? Maybe the lightning spelling out your name? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wednesdays risk diminishing now. Still some risk but all looks confined to yep you guessed it the SE....

I thought the last 2 years couldnt get any worse for storms but so far 2012 is beating that. Big fat 0 storm count for the forseeable. Even in the last 2 years we would have seen something by now.

Posted

Apparently down to 14.8c outside but its so airless and stuffy in here even with all the windows open that it feels more like double that!

Posted

Ahh the Telford weather we all know and love so much has returned, 100% cover of stratrocumulus after a sunnyish start laugh.png

Edit: Suns coming out now, clearer weather spreading it from the west woo.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Wednesdays risk diminishing now. Still some risk but all looks confined to yep you guessed it the SE....

I thought the last 2 years couldnt get any worse for storms but so far 2012 is beating that. Big fat 0 storm count for the forseeable. Even in the last 2 years we would have seen something by now.

Yep, looked good a couple of days ago but the risk has all but gone for my neck of the woods now. The wait goes on

Posted

Warm and sunny spells here now. But storm risk is less than 10% imo. Same for tomorrow probably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The sunny shield holding strong here at the moment, although feeling warm outside. When will these storms ever learn that they need to visit Western areas sometime? Hopefully tomorrow will turn out stormier than expected (if it's thundery weather you're after).

Posted

Last minute upgrade to tomorrow's potential on the 12z GFS for many areas of the Midlands with a nice line of convergence towards the north Midlands.

Posted

Good sunny spells this afternoon in the end and very warm & humid again with a high of 22.1c.

Posted

Yep this afternoon has been very warm again. :)

Posted

Highest CAPE levels in the east (as always) tommorow, not expecting anything here so if we get a storm it will be a nice surprise.

Thursday upgraded another two degrees from 18c to 20c now with low level cloud perhaps burning back to the coast by the afternoon!