Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 7th 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I was wondering...is it just local, or are others having problems with WiFi connections just now?

Guest QuantumSnow

I was wondering...is it just local, or are others having problems with WiFi connections just now?

Seems ok here, but I wouldn't be surprised if some do today.

Posted

I think a combination of stronger winds and soft ground is contributing to tree's falling in Essex!!

They seem to be picking up slightly now, but i wont feel the true force as im in a built up area, those in secluded area's will probably say its blowing a wholeeeee!!!

Apart from a tree down in Hackney, not one other report in the SE from damage as of yet.

Tree down in Prittlewell Essex

Posted

Seems ok here, but I wouldn't be surprised if some do today.

Cheers QS...it dose seem to be blowing a bit of a hoolie, the now...

Posted

High winds and rain lashed the south coast bringing travel chaos this morning. Ferry services have been cancelled, roads closed and cruises ships held in port. One of Hampshire's busiest commuter routes was closed after a tree fell and hit a van. Emergency services shut the A35 across the New Forest following the accident this morning.

Two parts of a large tree fell on to the road and hit a van on the A35 Bournemouth Road just outside Lyndhurst at about 6am. The driver of the Vauxhall Movano van suffered minor injuries in the accident and the road was re-opened at about 7.10am. It comes as the south continues to be battered by driving rain and winds of up to 60 miles and hour. The winds have also forced Wightlink to cancel the Lymington to Yarmouth ferry. Red Funnel have also cancelled Red Jets between Southampton and Cowes.

And the Caribbean Princess cruise ship, which was due to sail from Southampton at 5pm last night to St Peter Port in Guernsey, remained in port this morning. Elsewhere, Alton Lane in Four Marks was partially blocked due to fallen tree which brought down power cables.

http://www.dailyecho...l_chaos/?ref=nt

Service between Croydon and Sutton delayed by tree on the line

Trains have been delayed between West Croydon and Sutton after a tree fell on the line. Southern Rail is reporting a tree fell on the line at Belmont at about 7am. The station is beyond Sutton travelling on the line south but the service was stopped at Thornton Heath as a precaution. Services are expected to be delayed by up to 30 minutes. Travellers are advised to use alternative routes between New Cross Gate and West Croydon.

http://www.croydongu...by_fallen_tree/

Posted

I wouldn't say it's that windy down near the Sussex coast at the moment although the gusts are pretty strong I have just had to rescue recylcing bins that had blown into the road. From what I have read there is worse to come? Is this still correct does anyone know?

Edited by Jules71

Posted

From what I have read there is worse to come? Is this still correct does anyone know?

Certainly a continuation of what we have and from a very 'rule of thumb' viewpoint, I have tracked the biggest gusts over the last 2 hours and they have moved more towards our area and Northward.

I've also just had a look at the wave heights in the Channel and I'm glad I'm not on a ferry today. Typical local one for me at Pevensey shows 3.48M:

post-6667-0-11299200-1339147407_thumb.pn

You can check other Channel buoys live data here:

http://www.channelcoast.org/data_management/real_time_data/charts/

Click the interactive map for one near you!

Posted

local radio now saying to expect winds up tp 70 mph soon just looking at the trees they bending in half loads of brances down

Posted

very windy here...When do we think they will ease?

Cloud go on in parts until late afternoon?

post-6667-0-55215600-1339150655_thumb.pn

gfs_gusts_eur15.png

hir_gusts_eur18.png

Posted

Seems to have calmed down a bit here. Knocked some plants over tho

Posted

Wetter and windier, 14C...

Posted

A blowy morning with spells of light rain. Local weather station reported a gust of 48 mph earlier although this is nearer to the English Channel.

Posted

its now pouring down outside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Not a vast amount of Rain, but it's Windy! No more felt left on the shed roof & the Garden chairs are all over the place....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

41mph highest gust here in nw london. Pretty much as was forecast. i think its meant to peak over the next couple hours before dying down

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

chimet (just outside chicheser Harbour) has recorded gusts up to Force 9 - all in line with the shipping forecast for Wight.

Cambernet inside the harbiour and slightly more protected is recording gusts to Force 8.

http://www.chimet.co.uk/(S(p3rwhf55ddbsem45b5y4vn45))/Default.aspx

Posted

For those of you who think the weather has been a bit tame today. Here are a few pcitures of our factory roof that just blew off 20 mins ago......

post-6667-0-64701300-1339159686_thumb.jp post-6667-0-66881900-1339159692_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-39432100-1339159697_thumb.jp

I was in the car park at the time getting a wind check on the anemometer and recorded 37.2 mph just before a bigger gust made me drop the ruddy thing, as the explosion of the roof flying through the air almost made me wet myself!!!!!!

Guest archiesmummy

For those of you who think the weather has been a bit tame today. Here are a few pcitures of our factory roof that has just blown off 20 mins ago

post-6667-0-64701300-1339159686_thumb.jp post-6667-0-66881900-1339159692_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-39432100-1339159697_thumb.jp

I was in the car park at the time getting a wind check on the anemometer and recorded 37.2 mph just before a bigger gust made me drop the ruddy thing, as the explosion of the roof flying through the air almost made me wet myself!!!!!!

Was everyone ok?

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted

Was everyone ok?

Well I need new undies!!! ph34r.png

No seriously, it blew inward to our enclosed garden area and no one was in it at the time. On the phone to the builders now for a temporary seal up before the rain gets in!

Guest archiesmummy

No seriously, it blew inward to our enclosed garden area and no one was in it at the time. On the phone to the builders now for a temporary seal up before the rain gets in!

Some of those gusts have been quite strong, its only because we are so sheltered here that its not doing more damage, having said that when I worked at st James park the office buildings used to make a wind tunnel effect!

Glad all ok, hope you get some new underwear soon! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Hasn't rained at all here today but winds since Midnight have been gusting 30-40mph, not bad for June.

Guest QuantumSnow

oops.gif

Poor workmanship and a good strong gust = bad news.