Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 7th 2012>

Coast

Posted

Operation clear up under way, just moving important equipment and customer machines/systems out of the area and then the builders are on their way to sheet it up for now.

No production lost!!

426px-keep-calm-and-carry-on-svg.png

Or maybe?

keepCalmAndDrinkBeer_KeepCalmShop.jpg

drinks.gif

Posted

Blimey Coast, that was a narrow escape. Nothing so dramatic to report here at the office in Harefield other than the wind is still pretty strong and it has recently started to absolutely chuck it down again. The Carlsberg promotional gazebo is still standing and, when I last checked, so were at least some of the guests.

Surrey, couldn't see your fallen tree photo on your post above - could you try again to post it? Thanks

Edit - sorry Surrey, shoudl have read your post properly, you did say 'to follow'!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Some say the stormy weather we are seeing in the UK at the moment is down to something called the 'European Monsoon'.

Find out more in the MetO news blog…..

http://metofficenews...ropean-monsoon/

Guest archiesmummy

Wind has really picked up here in the past hour or so, gusts are much stronger than this morning, has gone very grey too.

Guest QuantumSnow

The time between gusts is longer here now, but when they come they seem stronger.

Just been over to the wood opposite and there are large-ish branches and a few trees down.

Posted

Wind picking up again now looking at East Sussex roads lots of reports of trees down. Glad nobody was hurt Coast and please if any of you guys are heading home soon please take care on the roads its breezy and then all of a sudden you get a gust of 50 mph.

Posted

Wind picking up again now looking at East Sussex roads lots of reports of trees down. Glad nobody was hurt Coast and please if any of you guys are heading home soon please take care on the roads its breezy and then all of a sudden you get a gust of 50 mph.

Yep, going to have to get home somehow!!! A delivery driver has just been in and after the shock of looking at our roof, told me there are trees down everywhere between Newhaven and Eastbourne.

This doesn't look good, I hope everyone was clear of the vehicle:

B2028 Turners Hill Road Crawley Down

B2028Live travel

Turners Hill Road both ways closed due to fallen tree at Sandy Lane. A tree has come down on a vehicle near to Hurst Farm.

Last updated 52 minutes ago

http://www.theargus....297593/?ref=ltp

Posted

Take care, Coasty!

Cheers all!!! As I drive a convertible, anything that lands on me will hit my head, so no real damage to be done!!! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just been out for a walk blow round the park - no sign of it's calming down here yet, I didn't see any trees down or roofs off just a lot of leaves and litter blowing round but take care all the same...I'm staying in with a bottle of plonk and home made chicken fajitas tonight !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Just noticed my nearest official weather station (northolt) recored 46mph at 2pm. Can't really remember the last time I saw gusts that high in June? Tho I do have the worst memory on the planet so that might explain that one!

44mph at 3pm so perhaps it has peaked now - hope so anyway :)

Btw glad to hear no one was hurt Coast

Edit: i agree it doesn't feel like its calming down yet

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

The Channel was wild today, good fun and relaxing down here though, SW winds are still angry out there, doesn't feel too bad with the sun out.

Posted

Wind has just struck up again and ripped all the tarpaulin back off, just as the builders were securing it!!!!

Posted

I know its not our area, but the Springwatch Nature reserve has been flooded, so it sounds like we missed the worse of it??

Hopefully it will die down a bit now, as I dont fancy bowling in this wind tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We've lost a chunk of our horse chestnut - tree surgeon has been called as it's hanging over other people's gardens. It was diseased and we were going to have it removed later this year anyway, but this has come at an awkward time as we're off on holiday on Monday.

Posted

Only took me 2 hours 45 to get home tonight - love the M25. It's only a 40 mile journey - in 2 hours 45 I could have been in the Brecon Beacons or half way to Snowdonia! Grrr

Under 9s cricket practice is, amazingly, on tonight. I think some of the smaller boys we will have to stake them to the ground, particularly when they have outsize pads on which I fear may act as sails.....

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wind has just struck up again and ripped all the tarpaulin back off, just as the builders were securing it!!!!

All we need now is someone to come and tell it hasn't even been windy?rofl.gif

All we need now is someone to come and tell it hasn't even been windy?rofl.gif

Stop itbiggrin.png

SS I don't think I was far from your location on the way back to Bedford ( A422) and went past the Teletubbies windmills, they were going at a great pace today. I see the A6 in Bedford is closed due to an unsafe tree in Bedford.

chris

Edited by Chris Mantle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Stop itbiggrin.png

SS I don't think I was far from your location on the way back to Bedford ( A422) and went past the Teletubbies windmills, they were going at a great pace today. I see the A6 in Bedford is closed due to an unsafe tree in Bedford.

chris

They didn't have flames on them, did they?