Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

11 Year Old Girl With The Ability Of Setting Things On Fire With Her Brain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

bbc unbiased? LOL now that is funny....there arent ANY unbiased news sources but the BBC is so Biased its unreal and blatent....

Where precisely did CR claim that the BBC is totally free of bias? Are you biased?

I think that this is most probably a hoax by a poor family trying to get money but at the same time there is such a thing as spontaneous human combustion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_human_combustion

This is very rare but there are documented cases of this happening, though there is some dispute as to whether the fire was the cause of death, or something which occurred after - I favour after and liken it to the spontaneous combustion of haystacks where the internal temperature has grown so great through microbe activity that it reaches the point where ignition can occur, then clothing can act as a wick to the body fat melting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I once picked up some fresh wire wool which promptly burst into flames; does that make me supernatural (some would say just plain unnatural) or could it have been boring old static electricity?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I'd like to know how the line on the right side of the brain, mentioned in the first link, that seemingly only occurs in priests, painters, philosophers and now people with the ability to set things on fire at will...

I once picked up some fresh wire wool which promptly burst into flames; does that make me supernatural (some would say just plain unnatural) or could it have been boring old static electricity?

Careful Jethro - this could have caused you to have been burnt at the stake a few hundred years ago but I am not sure they had wire wool then :)

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted

A thermodynamically highly-unstable mixture of ironand oxygen would be my guess, J...A 'wumph' waiting to happen.

Posted

I'd like to know how the line on the right side of the brain, mentioned in the first link, that seemingly only occurs in priests, painters, philosophers and now people with the ability to set things on fire at will...

It does have the ring of complete-and-utter twaddle, doesn't it? What about the 'hole in the brain' that only occurs in New-Age gurus and believers in the 'paranormal'?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Careful Jethro - this could have caused you to have been burnt at the stake a few hundred years ago but I am not sure they had wire wool then smile.png

Some would say a fitting end.....

Does anyone know the parentage of this miraculous child? Me thinks she may be the off-spring of this chap http://www.davidicke.com/

Posted

So what would you suggest we use as our main reliable, relatively unbiased news source, Murdoch's Fox News Network, Russia Today, Al-Jazeera? I'd appreciate your input on how the BBC is less balanced than any of these. The BBC isn't perfect, but surely it's less subject to political interference than any of the others I've mentioned!

Try ITN News,

BBC less subject to political interference,now THAT is funny.

Posted

Funny thing about the BBC: those on the left say it's right-wing while those on the right say it's left-wing. If you want to see political bias in news reporting, try Fox - it makes John Bolton look like Lenin.

Posted

Funny thing about the BBC: those on the left say it's right-wing while those on the right say it's left-wing. If you want to see political bias in news reporting, try Fox - it makes John Bolton look like Lenin.

Which is as close to political 'neutrality' as anyone can really ask for? My middle name isn't Illyich, either...

• 1 month later...
Posted

Follow up.

Scientists have made an unexpected and unsettling discovery-a large number of new and previously unseen mutations have been discovered by scientists in the US.

Extra genes last few years.

http://www.messageto...com/mutants.php

Posted

An interesting article, I agree. But where's the connection to that silly 'firestarter' story?