Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 28th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Even more humid than earlier, strange clouds under a coppery sky here. Some rather pathetic convection attempts in the west. Hey ho....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well The wind has picked up somewhat here!! blown all the humidity off and away :o(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's cooled down considerably here, clear blue sky and a fresh breeze - just checked the stats and I've got temp 20c DP 12 and just 59% humidity now which would normally feel sticky but after how high it was today and with the wind having picked up feels really pleasant.

I'm finished working now and I'm ready to sit and enjoy what's left of the evening with something long and refreshing drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I was going to go to the pub, but decided to slouch at home instead, watching footie.

Posted

I was going to go to the pub, but decided to slouch at home instead, watching footie.

*passes Steve a cold tinny* drinks.gif

Just in case some of you have missed it (as well as the storms) AJ has created an archive for today which has undoubtedly been a day of epic proportions for thunderstorm activity in some parts of the UK, you can check out some of the pictures and video footage of today's events from across the country here……

http://forum.netweat...ootage-2862012/

....much better viewing than the footie !

So lets sum today up...Well..Might have been a disappointing in terms of storms..BUT...We had a glorious day..The breeze now smells of that hoilday smell close your eyes and you could well be ;) Thankfully...the storms did not happen here because I don't think one of us would love to have damage to our propety now..I for one am not disappointed today was a no show but, it would have been good to see a storm..Plenty more to right guys? All good things come to those that wait...XD

Enjoy the rest of the evening people looks warm maybe a bit cloudy for the weekend

Anyone up for a BBQ at mine loads of beers next time we get a day like today? :p ALL welcome...

Posted

Thankfully...the storms did not happen here because I don't think one of us would love to have damage to our propety now..

Anyone up for a BBQ at mine loads of beers next time we get a day like today? blum.gif ALL welcome...

I would love to have experienced some of those storms myself, but I'm certainly glad I wasn't on the Tyne Bridge when this happened...

post-10773-0-22740600-1340914813_thumb.p

....would deffo have needed some clean undies then shok.gif

And thanks for the invite Surrey, we might ALL take you up on it......

....is it just for the SE & EA folks or are all 14,000+ NW members invited ? biggrin.png

Posted

*passes Steve a cold tinny* drinks.gif

Just in case some of you have missed it (as well as the storms) AJ has created an archive for today which has undoubtedly been a day of epic proportions for thunderstorm activity in some parts of the UK, you can check out some of the pictures and video footage of today's events from across the country here……

http://forum.netweat...ootage-2862012/

....much better viewing than the footie !

Thanks! The first drink of the day!

I'll read the footage over the weekend I think. I deliberately stayed away from the undoubtedly extremely active Convective, Model, Midland and Northern threads today, as I thought there'd be stacks of constant information and no work done today. If it's being summarised, then it'll be a good read.

Posted

So lets sum today up...Well..Might have been a disappointing in terms of storms..BUT...We had a glorious day..The breeze now smells of that hoilday smell close your eyes and you could well be tease.gif Thankfully...the storms did not happen here because I don't think one of us would love to have damage to our propety now..I for one am not disappointed today was a no show but, it would have been good to see a storm..Plenty more to right guys? All good things come to those that wait...XD

Enjoy the rest of the evening people looks warm maybe a bit cloudy for the weekend

Anyone up for a BBQ at mine loads of beers next time we get a day like today? blum.gif ALL welcome...

I agree all good things come to those who wait. :)

and thank you for the invite. What time would shall I arrive? :D

Posted

I would love to have experienced some of those storms myself, but I'm certainly glad I wasn't on the Tyne Bridge when this happened...

post-10773-0-22740600-1340914813_thumb.p

....would deffo have needed some clean undies then shok.gif

And thanks for the invite Surrey, we might ALL take you up on it......

....is it just for the SE & EA folks or are all 14,000+ NW members invited ? biggrin.png

Maybe he actually OWNS Thorpe Park?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I doubt if we'll see weather like today's again for a long time, certainly not in our area. We should all move north, the storms will return to the south after a year or so and we can all move back again :D

Posted

I doubt if we'll see weather like today's again for a long time, certainly not in our area. We should all move north, the storms will return to the south after a year or so and we can all move back again biggrin.png

Too grim up there.ph34r.png

Sod's law there'll be another big outbreak this summer and maybe we'll get lucky? (ever the optimistbiggrin.png )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

So how come there are still warnings in place for EA until 3am to tomorrow for heavy rain. There is nothing at all on the radar. Weird. :o

Posted

Cooled down now, much warmer than forecast - the local BBC forecast had the south coast of Kent pegged down with a high of 19c when I watched this morning...in reality? 27.6c! Lovely :)

Posted

You think I'm joking about the BBQ man I'm a party animal and I was thinking of actually having a get together for all at my place due to the size and the very handy bed and breakfast a crawl up the lane... 30 quid a night tease.gif of course it's only an invite to the cool crew I.e south east tease.gif

If your serious, that might be an idea! Can you imagine us lot together?!

Posted
Posted · Hidden by snow raven, June 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by snow raven, June 28, 2012 - No reason given

Also all the ladies I'm sure will be looking good in London tonight with the humid weather if you know what I mean ;-)

Oh dear, your not one of those sad blokes who sit in parks leeching over women?! laugh.png

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by snow raven, June 28, 2012 - No reason given

Just back home from a great evening with friends and family, need to get some shut eye now as have work at 6am. What a superb day, hopefully July can give us some more days like today.

Oh yeah snow raven I'm a 26 year old male that sits over parks leeching over women. Good god. When are you lot going to quit hating on the sun lover.

Edited by Anthonyb
Posted

Certainly looks like the cold front has finally arrived - much fresher weather out there to enjoy!

Posted

Oh yeah snow raven I'm a 26 year old male that sits over parks leeching over women. Good god. When are you lot going to quit hating on the sun lover.

Just as soon as you stop posting in here with the way you do. I honestly don't know if you are a wind up merchant, or if you genuinely don't understand how much your comments rile most members!

Yes, we enjoy calm, clear, sky blue days, but the vast majority of us are looking for extreme weather - ie. Thunderstorms, high winds, hail, heavy snow etc. Anything other than the 'norm'

You seem to come on here and gloat when things 'exciting' don't materialize for us in the SE - hence the negative comments to your posts!

Posted

Just as soon as you stop posting in here with the way you do. I honestly don't know if you are a wind up merchant, or if you genuinely don't understand how much your comments rile most members!

Yes, we enjoy calm, clear, sky blue days, but the vast majority of us are looking for extreme weather - ie. Thunderstorms, high winds, hail, heavy snow etc. Anything other than the 'norm'

So because I'm not looking for thunderstorms, high winds , hail, heavy snow you think I'm a wind up merchant.

You will post after post if a thunderstorm is over your head - correct?

So what's wrong with me posting about sunshine.

Why should my comments rile people? Please explain how I have offended you during my posts today!?

Get a life snow raven

Posted

So because I'm not looking for thunderstorms, high winds , hail, heavy snow you think I'm a wind up merchant.

Why should my comments rile people? Please explain how I have offended you during my posts today!?

Get a life snow raven

Ah, as pleasant as always Anthony.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Posted · Hidden by A.J, June 28, 2012 - contains deleted quote
Hidden by A.J, June 28, 2012 - contains deleted quote

You seem to come on here and gloat when things 'exciting' don't materialize for us in the SE - hence the negative comments to your posts!

wink.png I thought that was my job!........Up the Midlands! drinks.gifw00t.gif

Posted

Ah, as pleasant as always Anthony.

Your excellent at twisting things arnt you!

Snow raven you decided to take a snap at me and wind me up for no apparent reason.

Leave me alone

Guest archiesmummy

Get a life snow raven

Give it a rest, don't speak to snow raven like that. It's not necessary.

I just don't think you get the idea of a weather forum, when its sunny its quiet on here but any hint of anything extreme we all pile on here.

We love sunshine we all want a proper summer but don't put us down for getting excited if something extreme is forecast. We can't help what is forecast, its not like we come on here wishing for thunder if its not forecast, well most of us dont!

There must be a lack of summer moan thread on here, there is on two, did you not see it?

Sorry mods