IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Liam J

Posted

U.K Weather Forecast - 30th June 2012 - By Lewis Dobson

Weather map followed by text forecast

map3.png

UK weather forecast

After a bright start for many areas today will be a mixed bag of sunshine and heavy showers. Temperatures will be around 17-19c across Eastern parts of England, and around 16-18 for the North and North West of England. Further South values of around 13-16c are expected.

Already showers are becoming widespread across the West of the country, these showers will become increasingly heavy as we head on through the afternoon, with some thundery downpours, and a small chance of some local thunderstorms.

Areas greatest at risk of thundery weather are the East Midlands, Northwards in to Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and NE England, with NE parts of Scotland having a slight risk of some thundery showers developing.

Showers will be moving North Eastwards throughout the day, and may become slow moving at times giving torrential downpours, with a risk of flash flooding.

The showers will gradually die out in to the early evening for most parts, although some may continue and begin to fizzle out across Eastern England.

I will issue a flash warning of severe weather if necessary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

so a trip to Munich anyone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

I'm not doubting the southen chances today. I have seen some early towering while washing my car. In the last hour they have grown a awful lot!

I can see heavy showers becoming thundery! Not as bad as Thursday but i can see a few storms further south. - 500 cape for the south?

Posted

I'm not doubting the southen chances today. I have seen some early towering while washing my car. In the last hour they have grown a awful lot!

I can see heavy showers becoming thundery! Not as bad as Thursday but i can see a few storms further south. - 500 cape for the south?

Not an event for the South today, very little in the way of energy.

OEC2hW.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

I'm not saying a event. I'm saying a heavy shower could turn thundery!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A fair few heavy showers developing over western areas and the Irish Sea atm with an interesting line of ppn forming ahead of that main area of general rainfall currently over Ireland.

post-9615-0-63485200-1341053036_thumb.pn

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

We're getting plenty of heavy power showers here, showers look like become electrified but then just move on.

I guess the energy just isn't there. Now if this would of come on the 28th, I'd be dancing around outside in hailstone right now..

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Brighter echoes now appearing on the radar in the Northeast.

post-5386-0-94191100-1341057473.txt

NW 5min radar.

Posted

Kicking off now in the NW, first strike of the day south of Preston. Might not be a bad afternoon even though cape & li were virtually non existent for the west.

post-9615-0-17760500-1341058090_thumb.pn

post-9615-0-84401300-1341058385_thumb.pn Many more strikes on the latest 5min update. Cells becoming electrified pretty readily now.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A very heavy rainstorm in Sandhutton just five minutes ago, and I note that a few sferics are appearing in the showers to the SW, so a chance of some thundery activity later on perhaps? Those echoes approaching Tyne and Wear/Durham are also looking impressive.

Posted

Some heavy convective showers already here in Bingley west yorks and looking at the radar, showers moving up from Wales this afternoon hopefully will intensifydirol.gif

Posted

Heavy rainstorm with thunder and lightning just passed through Chorley. A couple of close cracks, and now rumbling off...came from nowhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

What the hell is that shower to the west of me playing at! it hasnt moved at all in the last 2 hours, just bloody move will you!

Posted

Heavy rainstorm with thunder and lightning just passed through Chorley. A couple of close cracks, and now rumbling off...came from nowhere

Hello Mike and welcome to the Netweather forums, good to have you on board with us smile.png

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A nice long line of downpours lining up to the southwest of me and I bet none of them will contain thunder!

Posted

Can still hear distant rumbles from this:

post-131-0-49849500-1341059749_thumb.jpg

It turned really dark at one point and it looked like I was in for a good storm but little came of it in the end with just a few rumbles and big rain drops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

No action around here yet, few tall cumulus in the distance heading away, thats about it so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Nothing here yet not even a shower. It seems to all be going to the east of me. Hoping the wind backs more to the west soon. I'd better not miss out again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Cell heading NE out of Birmingham....Derby/ Nottingham way

post-12214-0-80779500-1341060764_thumb.j

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Heavy shower blew through here about 15-20 minutes ago. Some nice structure as it approached, no thunder to speak of though :)