Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The North Of England Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I'll be interested to know what you had in that storm. My son was out cycling and got caught in it between Youlgreave and Elton, he said it was the heaviest rain he's ever ridden in.

It certainly was the heaviest i have ever known, quite spectacular to say the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It certainly was the heaviest i have ever known, quite spectacular to say the least.

Apparantly parts of Beeley and Glutton Bridge were flooded yesterday evening. We had nothing more than a couple of minutes of moderate rain and a sudden increase in wind speed with a gust of 33 mph. I heard one rumble of thunder to the north/north east at about 1825 g.m.t.

Some moderate rain here at the moment but little sign of any torrential downpours. I'm expecting the Met' Office amber alert to be altered shortly, unless they know something I don't ( which is entirely possible )

Posted

Rain stopped in Trafford Park, looks like the sun will be out soon...

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Collected 19.7mm at 10BST for previous 24hrs.

Heavy rain roaring down noisily at present.

Cows came down to shleter an hour back. They knew it was going to worsen.

How dark it is. Can this be summer?

post-9606-0-88411600-1341572034_thumb.jp

Posted

Amber warnings still in force on the latest met office update, covering a large section of central northern England, the NW of England and down into Wales and the Midlands.

Has been raining steadily in Preston all morning, with the odd heavier burst now and again. Nothing like the intensity of the 22nd June though. Having said that, the ground is saturated at the moment, and there was noticable standing water in fields this morning from last nights storms that moved through to the E/NE of Preston.

Looking at the radar there are areas of heavier rain still heading our way that may need watching.

Posted

Madness here !!! Been hammering down ere since 7.30am started with a storm which was a very loud bang (loudest I've heared for a long time) and lighting stopped about 9ish followed by short heavy bursts of rain !! Started been torrential rain again since about 11.30 about 8 miles from home so I'm presuming it's the same in Morley current location Denby Dale just past Wakefield !!

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

@Hudsonweather: Holbeach, South Lincs has had heaviest rainfall so far today with 37.8mm this morning, according to the Met Office.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

20mm so far here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Dry atm here after some heavy showers earlier. Feeling very muggy again. 17.8c, dew 16.0c with 94% humidity. Quite breezy with 15mph NE'ly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Just dreich here in Sandhutton, moderate to heavy persistent rain earlier in the day has fallen light and the temperature is held down at 16C, contrasting with yesterday's 23C, though I notice that it's still up on the 14C at South Shields.

Posted

20mm so far here

Second day of the year when over 20mm has been recorded in one day and the umpteenth time a day has recorded more than 10mm. Fairly unusual for one of the drier parts of the UK.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Started just before 8am in south Manchester with 21mm by 2.30pm.

Heaviest downpour at 10am with 0.35 in/hr recorded. Although its eased off to 0.10 in/hr its still raining.

Based upon current radar I think we'll be looking at a final total of around 30mm - unfortunately a typical summer's day around these parts : nonono.gif

Posted

The rain is heavier here than the radar suggests.. roads like rivers with water flowing down them, visibility is reduced somewhat.

Posted

Can't believe the Rain is still coming down like this !!

Posted

No rain for last couple of hours. Cows gone back uphill to graze.

Wind picked up. Wild and gusty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like a sustained spell of heavy rain moving in now from the direction of Leeds towards Manchester.

River warning upped at 14:15 for my village, highest ever recording is 2.01 metres 3 miles away in Rochdale and so far today it has risen to 1.81 from around 0.60, well into the flood risk area.

Posted

70mm of rain in two days is very impressive for this area. No wonder the fields are waterlogged lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It's got wetter recently, though nothing particularly exciting other than for fans of persistent autumnal type frontal rain!

Posted

Amazing how that line of heavy showers and thunderstorms formed over the north sea then hit

the east coast early this morning.

Drove through some torrential rain on the way to work around 7am which was

on the same scale as last thursday but only lasted a short while with 3 flashes of

lightning and loud thunder.

Looks like a narrow band of heavy rain spreading slowly north at the moment.