Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Regarding the later part of this weekend and the potential storm.

I just thought I'd reproduce this from the SE regional thread as it comes from a MetO standpoint.

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2369829

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Again I will post another post from elsewhere, very much worth paying attention to.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74255-model-output-discussion-26082012/page__st__620#entry2369908

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Brrrr....... chilly one out there this morning. First time I've had to de-mist my car. Very foggy here too, love these sort of mornings.

Interesting few days ahead for our region too.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

A cold and misty start. Looks like a cracking day to come with plenty of hazy sunshine. Minimum around 4C overnight with a valley frost.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

12.8c....Easterly breeze 5mph...Some cloud around..Indoor temp on thermostat 20c....BBC Weather just on Expecting heavy rain sunday to carry on Monday...

Posted

Another very good analysis is shown below, which I have copied from the thread dedicated to Nadine's child. Incidentally the first bits of rain are already showing themselves across the northern half of the Bay of Biscay.

http://forum.netweat...n/#entry2370217

Of course, another very useful way to track this depression is by using the following satellite link - http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

You should bear in mind however, that the system is very much in it's developmental stages.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cloudy here today as the low pressure system begins to swing in...whilst the rest of the country basks in sunshine! Been a glorious week here though, lots of warm sunshine has been had. :D

Posted

Thought I would post this here too, as some of the heaviest rain up until Midday Monday could be in the South West and Southern Central UK.

post-12721-0-53100300-1348330838_thumb.g

Posted

Cloudy here today as the low pressure system begins to swing in...whilst the rest of the country basks in sunshine!

We went to Sidmouth for the day, it was fascinating to sit on the beach observing the gradual change in the sky from blue to thin Cirrus and

through to thicker Cirrus by 17.00 - including a line of Cumulo form cloud out to sea at the edge of far darker cloud. All the while the sun was

shining but slowly getting hazier and there were a number of Sundogs & Solar Haloes! The breeze also slowly got stronger as the afternoon

went on with a noticeable increase in wave size too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

We went to Sidmouth for the day, it was fascinating to sit on the beach observing the gradual change in the sky from blue to thin Cirrus and

through to thicker Cirrus by 17.00 - including a line of Cumulo form cloud out to sea at the edge of far darker cloud. All the while the sun was

shining but slowly getting hazier and there were a number of Sundogs & Solar Haloes! The breeze also slowly got stronger as the afternoon

went on with a noticeable increase in wave size too.

YES WE had a sun dog later this afternoon ,did anyone notice the aeroplane contrails today ,they became very wide and like smoke circles ,this is a sure sign of the upper atmosphere becoming more moisture laden . then by 5pm you could not see the contrails ,even the sun became obscured . our area looks to be in the firing line for some spectacular rainfall totals , and if the Low tracks north slightly further west and becomes even deeper than currently forecast ,we could be talking damaging winds especially that trees are still in full leaf .looking at current radar i think the rain is allready 2 hrs ahead of prediction . wind just starting to pick up here but only a breeze Cheers

Posted

Look at the Precip ensembles for counties in our areas. Some very wet pertubations there. Potential for problematic rain across our regions, but key word being potential:

post-12721-0-87670300-1348348765_thumb.ppost-12721-0-26964900-1348348774_thumb.ppost-12721-0-16274100-1348348781_thumb.p

post-12721-0-36827000-1348348795_thumb.ppost-12721-0-81923500-1348348811_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Rain just arriving as I speak. Cloudy, dull and breezy too.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Posted

Just near Nailsea currently and it's just started raining. Not far from Bristol now.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Started here about three hours ago, getting heavier all the time and worse to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

steady rain here currently with a lousy temperature of 8.8c lazy.gif

Posted

Rain becoming heavier and more persistent now. Looks like its set in for the day and night.

Posted

Don't forget that there is a dedicated thread to this incoming depression, where you will get many an updated report.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74510-child-of-nadine-karin-severe-weather-discussion/page__pid__2370855__st__180#entry2370855

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

feels more like winter out there today than Autumn, feels bitter in the wind.

Posted

As I've mentioned before, there is a thread dedicated to the depression which is enveloping us at this time, should you wish to view the latest. good.gif

http://forum.netweat...40#entry2371208

Posted

Looks like the rain should start to ease of across the south west within the next couple of hours before more, albeit lighter rain moves back in later today.

Posted

Today is the first time in my lifetime I struggled to leave my village. Two routes out of three were blocked due to flooding. The roads are terrible, and never seen so many fire engines pumping peoples property and roads out...and the rain is still hammering down here in Nailsea.

Posted

I think one of the problems is that the ground is so hard after nearly 4 weeks of dry weather that there has been a significant amount of run off

adding to the problems of such heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Been trying to get into Bristol today - literally everywhere way out of Yatton is blocked from flooding! Hardly surprising considering 70mm of rain fell overnight but what a last week to have in Britain before going to Spain!

Posted

I recorded 40mm of rain since midnight and was raining before then so maybe around 50mm fell during this event and the back garden is flooded, which rarely floods. Can see it brightening up now towards the west.