Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

14c with clear skies..Just right for Harvest Moon tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Very chilly evening already which syrprises me there was no mention of ground frost possible in south tonight on forecast...

Currently 8.9c with ground temperature 3.9c

Posted

Very chilly evening already which syrprises me there was no mention of ground frost possible in south tonight on forecast...

Currently 8.9c with ground temperature 3.9c

Well the national forecast mentioned rural mins of 3c to 4c tonight in clear skies across the Southern counties.

Posted

Evening chaps and chapettes smile.png

Beautiful day here in sunny Hampshire, few Cumulus dotted about thoughout the day but lovely and warm generally. Sadly, most of it was spent in IKEA... hoping tomorrow is at least dry. Happy Saturday night folks good.gif

I was looking forward to a good Saturday night QS but when I went to put it together I found that the instructions made no sense and some important pieces were missing. When it was finished I realised I had ended up with a Tuesday instead, which is not really what I wanted, but it's too far away now to take it back. They'd probably only change it for a Wednesday and a couple of vouchers anyway, which is not really what I am after.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A gorgeous day here in the far South West today. Patchy cloud rarely interrupted the sun. Again it was a warm and pleasant day and made for a lovely evening BBQ on Gyllyngvase beach in Falmouth. The water here is so calm in the sheltered bay, ive seen bigger waves in the Mediterranean! biggrin.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Moving back to southampton tomorrow so should be a good change, heres hopeing for some cold weather!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

An overcast but mild start today. Rain on the way later.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/index.html

Posted

16c.. Cloudy .Breezy.14mph Southerly...Indoors 20.5c..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Feels a lot chillier than the 17.6c it actually is here.

Cloudy and rather breezy too!

Posted

Quite bright now the overnight rain has cleared away. Quite mild at 13C currently in partly cloudy skies.

Posted

Nice day today, feels pleasent enough in the sun too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Sun?? haha its rained here in Southampton since I got up this morning at 7:50!!!

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Here's my Stats for this little patch for September 2012.

September 2012 here ended up with an average temperature of 13.2C. The highest temperature was on the 8th at 24.0C and the coldest night was 4.3C on the morning of the 22nd. On the 23rd temperatures failed to exceed 9.8C making it the coldest September day for over 20 years in radstock. It was another fairly damp month but not as much so as previous months with a rainfall total of 81.4mm. It was quite a windy month with the highest gust of 31mph experienced on the 24th. Winds were mostly between SW and NW through the month at 90%. Sunshine amounts registered 122hrs and 18minutes with the sunniest day on the 7th when 11 hours and 30 minutes shone down on the town. There was only 1 day without a glimpse of sun and that was on the 23rd. Thunder and Lightning was experienced once on the 26th with a morning of radiation fog on the 8th lasting 8 hours. there were no unusual weather phenomenon to report in September.

These Figures and other Parameters for September, Summer 2012 and the year to date can be viewed in tabular form on my website at http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page13.htm.

Posted

Sun?? haha its rained here in Southampton since I got up this morning at 7:50!!!

Yes I noticed yesterday that the Cold Front was only slowly moving SE while heavy pulses of rain ran SW-NE along it and that process continued

throughout the night and this morning. It seems to happen very often that the forecast clearance of Cold Fronts is delayed by up to 5 hours

on the day itself.

The effect here was that, after the rain cleared by 07.00 and the sun came through around 08.30, the outflowing cloud from the pulse of rain that affected

your region brought a dull mid-late morning overhead with clearer sky to the N/NW which then returned by midday.

Posted

14c...cloudy with sunshine ..Some light showers earlier...20.5c Indoors...

Posted

The issues regarding Thursday night - Friday AM aside, one to watch is for Wednesday.... high-res (UK4) UKMO modelling is consistent in picking-out high rainfall totals from a convergence band into E Exmoor, Quantocks, Bridgwater Bay, N Somerset/Levels and up towards Bristol as the flow veers more westerly. Circa 40mm signalled in recent model runs.

Edited by fergieweather

Posted

A bright start but a lot of multi-level cloud this morning with a few showers visible on the horizon. Not rained thus far here though. It's near to 11C in alight WSW wind.

Posted

14c S.Westerly breeze 8mph and some gusts...Cloudy with some brightness..Indoors 20c...Heating not on until later....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just had a quick but quite intense downpour here in Falmouth. It has quickly brought night time with it!

Posted

Looks like we could be in for a lot of rain over the next 72 hours or so. Rain tonight, showers tomorrow, then a drier interlude before more heavy & persistent rain Thursday evening for a good 24 hours.

Friday is looking like a proper washout day currently!

Posted

Showers are the name of the game here this morning, moving in off the Bristol Channel in abundance. Some drier and brighter intervals in between though. Cool feeling at 10C.

Posted

Looks like some very heavy rain on the way through Friday. A very wet day indeed with 50mm possible quite widely, upto 70mm in localised locations. Some flooding likely again, defiently one to watch.

Edited by AWD

Posted

it's certainly looking pretty darn soggy over the whole of the south up until Monday. The will it rain forecast which uses the GFS precip model shows a couple of high total days for Friday and Sunday.

Does anyone have access to the NMM to show a 72hour rainfall prog? I know it's cheeky to ask..

Posted

Showers are the name of the game here this morning, moving in off the Bristol Channel in abundance. Some drier and brighter intervals in between though. Cool feeling at 10C.

http://www.norton-ra...o.uk/index.html

I was out working in Trowbridge from 07.00 and watched the line of CBs to the N/NW gradually get closer as the showers still moved W-E. I'm guessing there must have been a trough moving through which enabled the showers to affect inland Somerset/Wiltshire for an hour or so rather than just the areas nearer to the coast.