Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Very Odd Sighting!

Staffordshire

Posted

Apparently there have been a few sightings of this kind of thing around the world over the last couple of weeks. Not sure about the timing but were we going to pass through Elenin's dust cloud around now? That should please the conspiracy theorists..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

From my perspective came from SE heading NW.

yep, same here......to the SE of Jupiter, low down initially, then as the fireball passed across the northern sky it was higher up in the sky at about 30-40 degrees, then dropped away to the NW (where the blue flash came from a few minutes later)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Maybe Curiosity work something up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

What I also thought was very odd was that I was looking at what I thought was a star earlier. It was very bright and then it went from bright to almost non-existent in a matter of about 5 seconds. Very odd!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

And there was me thinking it was a 'special' firework, although it did cross my mind it had an unusual trajectory for a firework.

It was moving SE/NW here and was green, white and blue, tailing off to red as it broke up and disappeared. I saw the last 5 seconds of it but I don't know how long it had been visible before I happened to look up and see it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

I like how the Beeb are referring to it as a Meteor shower as if it was a regular shooting star show, stating there were sightings all over the UK. When by all accounts, it was the same object seen from different points in the UK.

And it was moving far too slow for a shooting star meteor shower lol...this object had passed through the atmosphere, hence it's slower speed compared with a shooting star and, that's the reason why it was breaking up into smaller bits, it had taken a beating as entered the atmosphere.

Honestly.. I though the Beeb had Brian Cox on speed dial for these sort of events.

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19683768

Not sure if this footage is what everyone is talking about but if you take a look at it could you please tell me if you can see a small white object moving up and through the fireballs? What do you think the little object could be?

Posted

A star.. it looks like it was moving because the camera was tracking the Meteor, either that or a satellite moving across the background night sky which just happened to cross the line of sight, but I reckon a star.

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19683768

Not sure if this footage is what everyone is talking about but if you take a look at it could you please tell me if you can see a small white object moving up and through the fireballs? What do you think the little object could be?

It's a star I think, not moving just appearing to do so as the object moves across the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Oh yes, a star seems logical to me. Thanks.

Why would anyone think it was Nibriu ? sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Your guess is as good as mine!

Posted

I thought Jupiter was Nibiru lol. But only coz I didn't know you could see Jupiter right now.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

What I also thought was very odd was that I was looking at what I thought was a star earlier. It was very bright and then it went from bright to almost non-existent in a matter of about 5 seconds. Very odd!

I've seen this before, a star that just vanishes in a matter of seconds. I did some research on it and apparently it's likely to be space junk burning up in the atmosphere. Seems odd though that the one I saw was stationary with no tale or anything like that though, it just disappeared.

Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wakey wakey Robin...already posted on the thread last night doh.giflaugh.png

Posted

Has anyone found any reports on the loud explosion, I can only assume it came from the meteor hitting the earth, sounded just like a distant bomb going off, two loud rumbles one after another. I'm tempted, as its such a nice day, to head out and see if I can find it. It'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack and I've no idea if it landed one mile away or 100 miles.

It could be close, its very rural around here, I could have been the only person to see and hear it. If it landed 100 miles away then it would have been so loud that someone must have reported it. Think I'll head up the local hill, see if I can see any scarring in the fields, not expecting to find anything, nice day for a walk anyway.

Posted

i think i've found the explanation-

http://weeklyworldne...-earth-in-2012/

apparently they're near Jupiter and will take several weeks to get here......bloody sunday drivers! laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Lol only the British could make a mockery out of an event like this. Ps the explosion was probably a sonic boom?