Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Upcoming Cold (Chilly?) Snap

Paul

Posted

Down to 2.9°C overnight here, I'd say that was chilly but like others, no frost or snow

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

There was some lightning activity overnight in the North Sea(south area)this could mean that further thunder could happen in the heavier wintry showers.

ESS

That means we have also seen the first thundersnow event of winter 2012/2013.cool.png Edited by Craig Evans

Posted

They aren't that great but best I could do because it was still really dark aha, it is curtainly the earliest I have seen snow falling here but I am only 16 haha

post-17115-0-16530100-1351323178_thumb.j

post-17115-0-91515200-1351323200_thumb.j

post-17115-0-05337600-1351323237_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

That means we have also seen the first thundersnow event of winter 2012/2013.cool.png

I woke up at about half one and went to look at the heavy hailstorm I could hear and I saw it lighten once with loud rumble of thunder a second after so we had thunderhail!

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

woke up to a covering of snow this morning here in Cambridge. Sadly missed the shower that passed around 5/6 this morning. Some people put pics up, looked pretty good for this area in October!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Down to 1.9c the lowest this season. Apparently it snowed according to those on facebook out late night last night and the radar. Can't see any evidence here though other than a pool of water on the greenhouse roof.

Roaring cold wind - should be bracing for cycling today. Just loving the clear skies though - a vast improvement!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Min -3.7c, equal coldest outside Scotland with nearby Trawscoed.

Coldest in Oct since...2010 (-5.6c).

Posted

That means we have also seen the first thundersnow event of winter 2012/2013.cool.png

My sister had thundersnow near Newcastle.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Zippo here but cold with a strong breeze plenty of sun

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

coldest night of the season last night with the temp getting down to 0.0c, a nice sunny day today feeling nice and fresh currenty 6.6c.