Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I wish you had said as I would have looked for you on the live web cam up there, bit dark as I type however nice to look at when the snow comes.

http://www.ustream.t...aragliding-club

Interesting when you drive up the hill in winter and watch the temperature drop, spent many a time at the zoo there with ice in the puddles and snow flakes falling. A small price to pay for cheaper admission and taking your car ingood.gif

*tsk* I thought you were going to say you would have brought me a coffee and piece of cake in the visitor centre blum.gif

I've been to Whipsnade and Woburn out of season..... the animals are more active than on hot summer days and it's much nicer without hordes of people !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I looked in the model thread about a day ago and could tell by the number of posts ans lack of certain members that average temperatures were on the way and no white stuff was going to be falling in the near future, having said that we haven't started the winter months yet. I noticed that Toys R us were giving 20% discount so watch for more toys out of the pram posts in the future weeksrofl.gif

Don't get me started, I never want to see someone say "Winter is over" ever again.

If they do, me and MotherNature are not going to be very happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I hope everyone has enjoyed a relaxed Sunday and made the most of the marvellous weather, it was a nice pub lunch and a good long walk on Dunstable Downs for me...

post-10773-0-73288300-1352653562_thumb.jpost-10773-0-94395500-1352653610_thumb.j

post-10773-0-91390400-1352653649_thumb.jpost-10773-0-91234000-1352653677_thumb.j

Love the pictures MK good.gif, Nice paragliding weather too, aswell as balloons. Almost perfect wind speeds are needed for that so it has also been rare recently. Hope everyone had a great Sunday, was lovely to have another day with the sun making more than just a brief appearance.clapping.gif

Don't get me started, I never want to see someone say "Winter is over" ever again.

If they do, me and MotherNature are not going to be very happy.

I bet she is watching.

Now for something completely different.

Did anyone watch X Factor last night, I think it was Christmas commercial special. I don't think I have seen so many adverts so early and goodness knows how much they cost, either they have money to burn or it shows how much they need sales this Xmas.

I think it was the John Lewis one which seemed to go on for ages.

Posted

I think it was the John Lewis one which seemed to go on for ages.

I love the John Lewis ad.....

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

ECM gives us coldies hope, suddenly the model thread becomes optimistic, for a short-time..

Down to 4.2c here and another frost is on the cards.. Wind dropped out and under clear skies it will soon tumble away, just like yesterday.

post-15543-0-31348500-1352660631_thumb.p

Posted

Nope, I feel the same CM!

I'm pleased to hear that someone else is thinking after Christmas as well. It would be a shame if we didn't get snow before Christmas, though. :) BTW I'm not a pessimist, I'm am optimist by nature but some things are not worth getting your hopes up over, I've been on that roller-coaster too many times before. I admit to liking all weather, even the dross. But we are lucky living in the UK in that you can guarantee the weather will change pretty soon.blush.png

I must say I've very surprised that some people are getting their hopes up so early. I like to look forward but nothing has come within the 10 day time-frame that I'm aware of. I'm just so pleased that there are people in here who can give sensible opinions about my most favourite subject ever.biggrin.png

Posted

Countryfile forecast is mostly OK for us in the SE/EA this week.

Posted

Brilliant day for the time of year in all honesty, November is a renowed month for cold, grey, wet weather so it was great to have such a lovely sunny day on a Sunday too. Max temp was 10C @ 2pm. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to start doing model summaries in this thread from tomorrow evening and I'll see where it goes from there..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Brilliant day for the time of year in all honesty, November is a renowed month for cold, grey, wet weather so it was great to have such a lovely sunny day on a Sunday too. Max temp was 10C @ 2pm. smile.png

Hopefully I'll be able to start doing model summaries in this thread from tomorrow evening and I'll see where it goes from there..

Good, I was calling for this a couple of days ago good.gif

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Hi all

Brief one from me

Monday

Dry up to mid afternoon

Showers coming in from the west

Chilly around 10 degrees

Tuesday

Dry and cloudy with ne wind

Cold around 9 degrees

Evening looks like another frost

Wednesday

Looks similar to tuesday

Dry and chilly with ne wind

May hit 11 or 12 degrees

Still a chance of frost wed night

Will update thurs and fri later

I cannot wait for thursday

Will be able to do proper updates and look further forward

Posted

PPVM89.gif?31415

Thursday looks like we still hold on to the high from the east

Chilly cloudy and dry

Chance of some drizzle during the day

I am not commenting on friday

The high pressure to our east seems to be holding on for longer than expected

I still can't see any warm weather in the south east

Maybe its just me

Posted

I love the John Lewis ad.....

Me too... I've been following the singer, Gabrielle Aplin, on YouTube for a couple of years - so happy for her she's going to make the big time!

Posted

Time for a nice new regional thread I think .....coming right up here...

....locking this one up now !

Edited by MKsnowangel