Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Dry mostly today with some sun, waiting for the wind to kick off later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Don't know how relevant it is to most of you in this region but I have posted some thought regarding tonight's low over on the CSE and SW thread as shown below.

http://forum.netweat...00#entry2396430

Snow is a bit of a talking point in there but we shall have to see what results as ever, good.gif elevation is the key.

Perhaps http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Leith_Hill would be in with a chance, although I can't say I know the area. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

As mentioned very nasty bit of weather coming up tomorrow..Seems to have developed quite fast..Will be interesting to see where the low goes.

Nasty conditions along the coast and pretty much the whole south east..

The rain has just started again in Eastbourne and the sky was black to the South West before the light went. Looking at the radar there is a shed load more on its way tonight which is going to ruin some fireworks displays in South coast areas. There is still a big chance the wind in the early hours is going to be quite substantial.

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

These fax charts show the south east from later tonight through to monday lunchtime could see everything. I reckon wind on the very far south could whip up but thankfully not to damaging level think gusts to 40 maybe 50 mph although flooding anywhere in the south east looks the main issue. The mon 00 fax has unstable air written all over it. As been noted before thunderstorms look a real risk with hail and gusty winds. Won't rule out snow in the mix overnight on high ground in the heavier bursts. Fireworks weekend looks interesting

Would let them off tonight if you are having your own ones ;-)

Posted

Leith Hill does get it, as does Reigate and Colley Hill closer to me... It will be interesting to see what happens!

Hi GP. I've been full-on all day so have not really seen the latest forecasts. Much earlier they were saying Chilterns and Cotswolds might get some snow. Are the Downs now addded to that?

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just going to layer up to a BB-LI 4 for tonight's fire works, it's 4.5 °C and falling here, hope the fireworks are worth it..

post-10773-0-25338500-1351967035_thumb.j

Posted

6.7 degrees here in London, fireworks are on Monday though for us. Hope you all enjoy your displays! Keep warm!

Rich

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It's 3c here at the moment, but its not too bad out there. Not many fireworks yet but there will be a big one at Christchurch Park later about nine. Might try get some images on my cam corder thingy.

Have a great and safe night whatever you're doing and wherever you are. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather

Good evening,

Rapid development of the low pressure in the SW approaches at present - Met.O Loop

Will be very interesting to see how this develops over the coming hours. This is the latest Satellite IR Image courtesy of the Met Office

Today - 20:00

post-18161-0-63099800-1351975539_thumb.j

X.C.Weather indicate a strong gale howling through the English Channel, southern coastal Counties and Kent mid to late morning. Gust in excess of 60 mph possible in exposed prone locations.

Sunday - 10:00

post-18161-0-04067900-1351975757_thumb.g

Too add, the Met.O projected wind speed gusts illustrate 70 mph in Brighton tomorrow morning. With the ground saturated, and some trees still in leaf I suspect there will be some uprooted trees and some structural damage.

FPS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

My aunt living in pembrokeshire in wales is reporting snowfall which has settled.

Posted

Fantastic fireworks at the Bletchley Park Blitz Night...

post-10773-0-49891600-1351979717_thumb.j

post-10773-0-79925200-1351979738_thumb.j

Hope tomorrow nights display at CMK is as good and the weather as kind angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Looking at the latest radar, it appears that the low is getting itself organised in the SW approaches. Could be a lively old day tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Thanks for the reports guys and I too have heard stories of wet snow at elevation today. As this rapidly developing depression needs to come over these areas, there might be some additional umph, which would be needed, at least for those folk at elevation. good.gif As it stands, I'd personally settle for a covering on the local hills as that seems most likely at this stage.

Here's a quick radar grab showing the general movement anticipated and how it will eventually be entering a region of vastly different dewpoints. sorry.gif

post-7183-0-10842400-1351981566_thumb.pn

Touch and go as to how it develops with regards to wintriness, but I must say I like the way this situation has crept up on us, almost unexpectedly. In my opinion, these are my favourite winter synoptic event with some great discussion with many a will it, won't it type post. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Incidently, currently in Newbury, Berkshire it's 1.8c AT, 0.9c DP and 999hpa steady barometer trend.

Posted

Incidently, currently in Newbury, Berkshire it's 1.8c AT, 0.9c DP and 999hpa steady barometer trend.

and in Milton Keynes; Temperature 2.3 °C Dew Point 1.1 °C and Pressure 998.58 mb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Can see something brewing from the south west. Here comes the good old fashioned radar watching. beats watching the repeats on the tv

Perfect Saturday night - Match of the Day on TV and a bit of radar watching at the same time! Looks like the system is going to produce a lot of rainfall

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

For people who follow the models click on link above. Scroll to bottom and have a look at uk met charts. Now look at 00z run then 12z run. These are totally different. Note a large amount of high pressure to our east. I still think we need to look from that direction from mid month onhopefully the main runs will pick this trend up from early next week

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Hard to tell direction of low at present. More watching needed