Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy Rain and Gales 20th-22nd November 2012

Gibby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

As most people are looking at the virtual Weather World on the Model Output thread some real 'Live' weather is developing in the next 24-48hrs over parts of the UK. I have issued a Weather Warning on my website re heavy rain overnight tonight for my area with totals in excess of 25mm and possibly up to 40mm likely to fall on already saturated ground caused by the last 24 hours rain. I am reasonably confident that flooding could become a problem and newsworthy for parts of the SW and South by tomorrow.

In addition looking forward to Thursday sees a second event developing as a very deep depression winds up to the NW pushing an active trough into the UK, moving slowly East. The biggest concern here is for very strong winds with gusts inland in excess of 50mph later on Thursday while in exposure 60-70mph gusts are likely. This is more than strong enough to cause some structural damage in places. Once more heavy rain will move in later with some more substantial totals likely exasipating the problems. Post your reports and experiences here.

Posted

Hi Martin, there's some discussion on this over in the severe weather forum:

I'll lock this one for now - and will copy your post in there now - but obviously feel free to re-make it yourself :)