Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

After turning to rain it has now turned into jack, even though there is a massive area of PPN covering the whole region on the radar!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

After turning to rain it has now turned into jack, even though there is a massive area of PPN covering the whole region on the radar!!

Yes, it;s evaporating before it hits the ground. Happened here too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Still snow here but not that heavy and little in the way of a breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold.

This topic splitting is a nice idea, but where do I now look for weather reporting for South and East Yorkshire??

Sorry to drag away from the main topic.

Posted

Nothing here at the moment (except for the odd few snowflakes falling).

EDIT: Also, wasn't there a Yorkshire & Humberside thread last year? sorry.gif

Edited by SnowRules

Posted

Still snow here but not that heavy and little in the way of a breeze.

Yep, we definately need something heavier for it to stay as snow. It's a bit sleety here and very light. Still on the radar there is heavier stuff coming off the Irish Sea, but will it be rain or snow by the time it get's here?

Posted

Excellent..now we have a northwest thread...could someone give a rough indication of what the easterly being modelled would mean for the north west...I know its all a bit up in the air at the moment....But I have this fear that although it could be a stonking easterly...it wont be any where near 2010 cold and is unlikely to bring snow to west coasts...so could we be looking at extreme weather all over the uk, but for us it would just be cold without being memorably frozen rivers cold.........someone tell me Im totaly wrong and that if the models come up the north west wil be just as involved as anywhere else.......please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Sounds like the snows playing peekaboo with you guys! Oh how i miss Oldham and Saddleworth for the Snow drifts we used to get, Oldham born and bred! Then we moved to Leyland in 1991 and their first snow event lol if you could call it that, i was told it hadnt snowed in 4 years lol.....i wasnt used to it! Typical trust my family to move to an almost snowless place!!

Light sleety stuff here too, although idont know the temp, it is bitterly cold out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

This topic splitting is a nice idea, but where do I now look for weather reporting for South and East Yorkshire??

Sorry to drag away from the main topic.

Last winter there was a Yorkshire and Lincolnshire thread.

Maybe this has not opened yet.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just starting to snow here, temps hovering around 0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Blackburn - Cold Light Dreary Rain......

Posted

region 1 eh? at least we aren't number twos!!

most forecasters are now saying that the cold weather could last a lot longer then first anticipated, i bet all the comments on this thread over the festive season are all about rain!! hope not......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Lol bt thats what i call evaporative warming lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

well we got nothing here, not even rain, just dull and very cold out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Nothing here on the Wirral yet. I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting!

Posted

Thats not like barnsley! Weve just moved from there, my partners from Barnsley but weve moved my to my home county. Barnsleys not north west lol :)

Posted

Just nipping to the window, theres some heavy stuff to check out lol, probably sleety rain but worth a look!! Haha if you stare hard enough it may look white! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Snowing quite hard now in Buxton...

Buxton is the best place, you will get some, and no doubt you will get belted at some point this winter.

Posted

I wish Wharton would stop testing their jet engines, its almost everyday now, i thought it was thunder!!!! Well bacl from the window and its rain!! , just opened it and its still quite cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

Thats not like barnsley! Weve just moved from there, my partners from Barnsley but weve moved my to my home county. Barnsleys not north west lol smile.png

but it isn't far north I don't think either is it lol, I just don't know where I should be lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Light rain here with temp at 2.6 :p

Posted

Excellent..now we have a northwest thread...could someone give a rough indication of what the easterly being modelled would mean for the north west...I know its all a bit up in the air at the moment....But I have this fear that although it could be a stonking easterly...it wont be any where near 2010 cold and is unlikely to bring snow to west coasts...so could we be looking at extreme weather all over the uk, but for us it would just be cold without being memorably frozen rivers cold.........someone tell me Im totaly wrong and that if the models come up the north west wil be just as involved as anywhere else.......please

Are you sure that you really want to know.

It'll probably make Lancashire the sun capital of the UK as it did in December 2010 when we had about four days of clear blue skies and wall to wall sunshine.

It was bitterly cold though and with a few inches of powder snow IMBY which certainly helped while the east was getting plastered.

I do think though that the projected cold spell; i say that rather easterly will deliver a few surpises to our region which were largely missing in December 2010. these being in the form of frontal events as the Atlantic tries to make inroads and hopefully fails with the resulting large snow totals in the NW.

The snowy winters of 1979 and the early 80's had these types of conditions so while the East gets the lions share of the North Sea precipitaion we grab the Atlantic stuff as it arrives.

To me, that is our best chance for widespread snow, except of course for troughs off the Irish Sea in a North Westerly airflow; although these have a habit of heading through the more southern parts whilst leaving much of the region dry.