Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

anyone any ideas as to whats happening now is that the end of it or could it be snowing/raining in the evening??

The confidence is lowering by the minute put it that way, sleet!

Posted

The confidence is lowering by the minute put it that way, sleet!

i dont even know why i bother to get excited just to be let down

Now have rain sad.png

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

anyone any ideas as to whats happening now is that the end of it or could it be snowing/raining in the evening??

If previous experience is anything to go by then it'll probably either turn to rain or die a death in the North West and then intensify again and plaster the south with tons of the stuff.

Posted

If previous experience is anything to go by then it'll probably either turn to rain or die a death in the North West and then intensify again and plaster the south with tons of the stuff.

yes your probably right

Posted

I notice there's been quite a lot talk possibility of frontal snow in the MOD thread. Personally I'm a bit worried about this, yes when that sort of setup delivers it really does deliver and obviously the fine details are still quite a fair way from being firmed up on but I still can't really get the non event that was February 2012 out of my mind. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Think i will go back to the other thread lol this has become a rainfest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Excellent..now we have a northwest thread...could someone give a rough indication of what the easterly being modelled would mean for the north west...I know its all a bit up in the air at the moment....But I have this fear that although it could be a stonking easterly...it wont be any where near 2010 cold and is unlikely to bring snow to west coasts...so could we be looking at extreme weather all over the uk, but for us it would just be cold without being memorably frozen rivers cold.........someone tell me Im totaly wrong and that if the models come up the north west wil be just as involved as anywhere else.......please

Here's a graphic I just created highlighting the expected weather from the upcoming Easterly.

post-8895-0-48409100-1354805011_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

As soon as you lot in the NW get your own thread it all turns to rain :p

I see a lot of people moaning about the upcoming easterly already, but don't panic yet! A northerly is even less likely to deliver the goods, and an easterly is the other most reliable way of getting prolonged cold in the UK. Didn't you all get plastered in January 2010? That was a setup which favours the east, but a few surprise snow events can always occur. Its not like its projected to be a one day wonder - we could be looking at a week of unstable easterlies!

Good luck everyone for next week now that today has been a non-event for most. (not that it ever looked that promising anyway)

Posted

i would rather have frost than this washout at least frost is whiteaggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

I can confirm that we have s s. s. sn. Sno. Dam rain

Posted

A very frosty start with a minimum of -4c.Sleet here now with a surface temperature of 3c and icy in places . A very cold feeling day,quite possibly the coldest feeling day for me this winter.---------------------------------------

I know there is a lot of disappointment about our current weather and I can empathise but not sympathise as,quite frankly ,it is ridiculous to have your emotions ruled by something that is absolutely out of your control.I love snow, because of its capacity to change the aesthetic of my outside world but I find it's best to not swim against the tide in life.I have finally learned this.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

You NW lot need to head up to the Lakes - look how much snow there is in Ambleside!

http://www.ambleside...cam/webcam.html

EDIT: Grasmere had a lot earlier, but its thawing now:

http://lakedistrict-webcam.co.uk/last-ten-hours/

Edited by Alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Here's a graphic I just created highlighting the expected weather from the upcoming Easterly.

post-8895-0-48409100-1354805011_thumb.jp

Backtrack, although you are probably close to the truth with that graph I bet you've just upset 75% of the members on NW by only showing a single snowflake for EA and SE regions.

They won't like seeing that blum.gif

Posted

You NW lot need to head up to the Lakes - look how much snow there is in Ambleside!

http://www.ambleside...cam/webcam.html

EDIT: Grasmere had a lot earlier, but its thawing now:

http://lakedistrict-...last-ten-hours/

That is 15 miles up the road from where i am now.

Posted

Backtrack, although you are probably close to the truth with that graph I bet you've just upset 75% of the members on NW by only showing a single snowflake for EA and SE regions.

They won't like seeing that blum.gif

Screw them, they actually get a summer. :winky:

Posted

The only bit i disagree with about easterlies is Kent and the SE, they CAN get stonking amounts, there is no place i would rather be for a really low uppers easterly than the SE, and that includes anywhere in the Pennines / NE at any altitude.

Posted

Screw them, they actually get a summer. wink.png

Just thinking that myself.

They get seasons in the order they should do, we just get weather and the main difference between summer and winter here is length of daylight.

Posted

The only bit i disagree with about easterlies is Kent and the SE, they CAN get stonking amounts, there is no place i would rather be for a really low uppers easterly than the SE, and that includes anywhere in the Pennines / NE at any altitude.

In this direct easterly there's less of a sea track for the showers down there. If a low pops up near to those counties then they'll be buried, but as far as I can see, light snow showers will be the limit.

Just thinking that myself.

They get seasons in the order they should do, we just get weather and the main difference between summer and winter here is length of daylight.

Hahahaha :D

Posted

Snowing hard now in Buxton, sticking aswell....

I knew it would - Buxton the Best place covered by this thread IMO, Altitude 1000ft at the lowest level, no rain shadow or does not seem to restrict PPN very often anyway, so can get attacked from East or West.

Posted

In this direct easterly there's less of a sea track for the showers down there. If a low pops up near to those counties then they'll be buried, but as far as I can see, light snow showers will be the limit.

Hahahaha biggrin.png

True but we dont know the details yet, we dont know for absolute certain it happening yet but more likely than not now i would dare to suggest.

Posted

It's dry here, surprisingly. I'd be kicking myself if this was a snow event because of the radar echoes just 20 miles to my north.

But oh well, don't want any rain :D