Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Northern Lincs Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted

Evening all

Look north were at the Lincoln christmas market and the reporter said they had just seen the first signs of snow just before they went off air, meanwhile here in South Kyme we have sleet and rain.

Paul Hudson has mentioned that early next week could be very interesting for us here in Lincs as an easterly is due to blow in snow from the continent.........cant wait!

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

sleeting at 3C, probably snow if it drops by a degree.

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Game over rain and sleet now.

Posted

Just back from a few hours in Driffield. Wet snow when I left and heavy rain in Driffield, but coming back it's just about still wet snow on the highest part of the road at 122m, so not much more elevation will have snow. Sleet in the village at 70m, temp 1.4 now and 4.8mm from this so far.

Make that 5.1mm. Just noticed that the temp had gone up to 1.5 and now back to 1.3. Could be interesting if that continues.

Edited by woldsowl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Drove back to Bev from Ludlow this afternoon. Rain started in Brum and noticed the first flakes around Nottingham on the M1. Getting towards Sheffield the temp, which had been up as as high as 3 deg fell to 2. On to the M18 and the sleet got much heavier only to turn back to rainy sleet as I dropped off the escarpment down into the Don valley. This situation remained the same with the temp up to 2.5 degrees until I reached the Wolds. Here the temp dropped to 1 deg and the precip turned to snow at High Hunsley but it was not sticking. Other side of the Wolds, East side, has been chucking it down with rainy sleet since I got home about 1.5 hours ago.

Hoped for better today, however, yesterday's snow is still on the pavements under the rain (yuck!) but I'm sure it will be gone by the motning. The models held a lot of promise for today earlier in the week and I have a feeling that next week may also be going the way of the pear, even though that seemed impossible last night. Starting to look like dry, slack NElys now for next week but we shall see. The beasterley has gone into hiding (again). sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Had some really heavy sleet recently..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Sadly a none event here again ,Hopeful for next week!

Posted

Same old mushy slushy sleet/wet snow, mostly light with the odd moderate burst.

Temperature 0.7c, I'm sure if it was even remotely moderate we'd have a covering.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Sleet down to low levels while I walked home from the pub but sadly didn't last long enough to cool the atmosphere. As for Snow for the whole yorkshire region the Sheffield Storm shield works very well with Snow as it does for T storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well NAE is hinting at snow for parts of Yorkshire tomorrow AM. Would probably extend into Lincs.

PS this thread last winter included all of Lincs.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

What are then chances for a good snow event for whole of Yorkshire next week?smiliz39.gif

I think the chance of snow is much greater for the east of the region next week.

Posted

8.9mm rain recorded, though all sleet after the wet snow initially, but we still have an almost full snow cover. Will be interesting to see what happens later in the night and if it survives.

Posted

Paul Hudson is forecasting snow on Tuesday!

I think the chance of snow is much greater for the east of the region next week.

The chances of snow is much greater everywhere in Yorkshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

*yawn* tired of being on here now lol, just hoping to read that im going to wake up in the morning to a few foot of snow outside...hahaha, I can dream cant I all we have had is rain, rain and rain :(

Posted

What are then chances for a good snow event for whole of Yorkshire next week?smiliz39.gif

IMO, the whole of Yorkshire will have seen 5cm at least by next weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The slack north-easterlies on the current model outputs would favour eastern coastal areas but the GFS is almost certainly underestimating how far inland the showers would penetrate. I would expect some significant snowfalls for east Yorkshire and light snowfalls for west Yorkshire under the current progged setup, with very few places missing out altogether.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

The slack north-easterlies on the current model outputs would favour eastern coastal areas but the GFS is almost certainly underestimating how far inland the showers would penetrate. I would expect some significant snowfalls for east Yorkshire and light snowfalls for west Yorkshire under the current progged setup, with very few places missing out altogether.

how about south yorkshire? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

8.9mm rain recorded, though all sleet after the wet snow initially, but we still have an almost full snow cover. Will be interesting to see what happens later in the night and if it survives.

Wonder what's going on on top of Garrowby, the weather station there is saying the temp is 0.9c with a surface temp of -0.9c so could of stayed as snow throughout, with more precip in this area overnight on top of what's already fallen up there there could be a decent amount of snow. May take a trip up there tomorrow afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

how about south yorkshire? lol

South Yorkshire will develop its own "snow dome" with snow showers reflected away to the N, W, E and S.

Posted

Anyone know what the current chance of snow tomorrow AM is?