Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 7th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Ladies and gentlemen on behalf of Captain Coast and the entire Netweather crew welcome aboard this non-stop service to Snowmageddon….

Before take-off:
ensure that your location is in your profile, especially when reporting snow fall it’s really useful if we know where you are so we can come and rescue you if you get snowed in (You can do this by clicking on your profile, then clicking "edit profile". Add your location and save).

Do not swear
inside any part of the forum at any time and do not tamper with the swear filter.

Ensure that
you
stay ‘on topic’
at busy times and avoid pointless one liners.

Follow the forum team leader’s instructions in an emergency:

Keep your seat belt fastened:
If we enter a zone of turbulence please stay calm, a team member will be along with the chill pills.

In the event of an upgrade:
an oxygen mask will fall from the panel above your head, place the mask over your nose and mouth and breathe normally.

In the event of a downgrade:
adopt the recommended brace position.

post-10773-0-58180500-1354842346_thumb.j

link to the previous thread here...
Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

My friend in Birmingham said the rain has now turned to snow - Colder air beginning to dig in, good news for us!

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

Disregarding the less than subliminal Uncle Ben's Rice masthead, a fairly large burst of rain outside the London Bridge Experience this evening at 8pm. All models looking good for next week, I aspire to a working from home vpn experience or two

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

There will be a significant drop in temperatures and dew points by morning, and where the precipitation is the heaviest then that is where snow could settle and cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Just been catching up.....its a full time job keeping up with the MOD and this thread!

Don't need to be up til 930 (woop) but think I might set my alarm for 7 to have a looksy :) got a feeling i might be too far west but as ever I remain hopeful :)

As for Ian Fergusson's mini ramp re Tuesday....I'm gonna try very hard to pretend I didn't read it....ah sod that.....bring it on!

Posted

GFS 00Z going for sleet & snow for our region in the next few hours...time will tellpardon.gif

post-8978-0-34549100-1354853461_thumb.pn

post-8978-0-34178000-1354853457_thumb.pn

NAE 0Z staying with rain/sleet with some snow in EA

post-8978-0-71529100-1354853699_thumb.gi

Edited by lewis028

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Got up early to see if i could catch anything going on outside,and nothing, no frost,no rain,no snow,just cold and very still,the quiet before the storm,maybe search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

'Beast from the east' has also made an appearence in The Sun...

http://www.thesun.co...t-blows-in.html

You can be sure that'll be the kiss of death for any cold rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

From Ian Ferguson on the Model Output thread:

"UKMO view remains much as I hinted yesterday evening: we expect likelihood of breakdown/partial breakdown into next weekend with associated increasing threat of significant snow event as a consequence, but detail of course still impossible:

" 3. Days 8-10 - Friday to Sunday : WEATHER: E’ern and some central areas are most likely to continue to see a mix of bright spells and wintry showers at first. However, signs are that temperatures may start to recover a little from the SW, with an increasing chance of more unsettled conditions starting to edge N and E across parts of the UK through this period. This may also lead to further significant snowfall on the boundary between the two. Mostly light or moderate winds at first, but perhaps turning windier at times from the SW. Temperatures widely below normal initially with widespread frost, and icy patches, but perhaps a gradual recovery towards nearer-normal temperatures from the SW. EXTREMES COMPARED TO CLIMATOLOGY: Moderate prob of staying significantly colder than normal in the NE. Lower probs elsewhere. CONFIDENCE: High for the initially cold theme, but much lower for a gradual upward trend in temperatures and also detail of any more unsettled conditions spreading N and E."....

"5. Discussion : Good agreement between models for much colder-than-average conditions to dominate, at least through the first half of this period, bringing further wintry showers. GFS and EC are in general agreement for pressure to fall from Wednesday onwards, bringing a threat of wintry showers/precip to areas other than just E’ern coasts. From Friday, models diverge more significantly, with GFS deterministic preferring to bring low pressure and much more unsettled conditions quite quickly NE, whilst EC maintains a colder showery scenario. Ensembles signal increasing probs of precip through this period, but what remains unclear is how quickly temperatures start to rise. There is a significant threat, if more unsettled weather spreads NE, of snowfall, especially on the boundary between the two. Overall, both MOGREPS and EC EPS show a cyclonic bias with generally SE’erly flow veering more SW with time, bringing low pressure and more unsettled conditions from the W."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

The early morning GFS says no to the easterly and instead wants to give us a weaker Northerly.

The blocking has been downgraded over the past couple of days now but we still remain on the cold and potential

snowey side.

This mornings ECM will be interesting as to how it handles the low after Sunday and where the ridge sets up.

Posted

Latest Meto:

London SE England weather forecast

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday

Becoming cloudy and windy with patchy rain during Sunday. Monday and Tuesday, becoming very cold with bright spells, but also with sleet or snow showers, some heavy, leading to accumulations.

Posted

Latest BBC forecast has a band of ppn moving into our region around 9/10am.

They said mostly rain falling with high ground seeing some snow.

The ppn is currently sitting through the north Midlands. I just had a quick nose in the thread and there is not much happening. Guys reporting sleet at best :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

ECM looking good at t-168 with a cold N-estly flow with -8 850's to the south east.

Wouldn't bother looking beyond 168 for anything concrete.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

sleet atm,i watching nw and radar and temps.Maisey window and light watching!

And good morning all x

Posted

GFS 00Z going for sleet & snow for our region in the next few hours...time will tellpardon.gif

Morning regionals!

Well as I half expected, we got nothing but rain and plenty of it. I've not looked at the radar yet to see what might be coming today but it doesn't seem that cold outside, just dark.

Posted

Snowing in essex.... Looking at xcweather.....

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/radar/united-kingdom.html

Precipitation moving down towards or region and getting heavier! Temps 2-3c across region and dropping off..... Could get interesting...... :)

Edited by willinkent44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Cold, light rain here, near Chelmsford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

looks like its snowing in ipswich?,dropped from 2.8 down to 2 in half hour herex

Posted

Se today forecast just said wintery showers with intensity of the precipitation rain will turn to sleet and snow clearing by the afternoon.....

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/today.asp?zipcode=Faversham

Gfs says yes!

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

Currently that lot coming down from the North on NW Extra radar brings cold rain, maybe sleet and a few snow patches on the Eastern flank?

post-6667-0-78214500-1354865799_thumb.pn

Edited by Coast