Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 7th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Raining here in brentford. Was quite gusty for a while too..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Sure. I know I can do that, just would be great if location line from profile could appear in Mobile view, without having to go to Full view.

oh sorry

Yeah your right it would be better

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

1.6C here still....the band is about 10 miles from me now.....what is it going to fall as!?

Posted

Raining here... and by the model thread now.. looks like we may have to get used to it!!.. ive never in my life seen such a topsy turvy model thread since being a member!! and frankly getting sick of it now!

Yes I saw that. From what I could gather through the wrist slitting, the latest GFS has almost canceled any kind of easterly next week. More changes to come I'm sure

Posted

I'm feeling confident... After this weekend, when will it next rain in your location? I'm going with 20th December...

This is hopecasting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Snowing in Biggin Hill. Woke to beautiful sunshine, walked the dog and realised just how icy it was (almost went a over t)then the clouds rolled in :-). Have a good day everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Just heard the easterly talked about for the first time on a BBC forecast. Showed cold air spilling into the UK from Europe and then said about snow flurries in the East by the middle of the week. good.gif

Posted

Just heard the easterly talked about for the first time on a BBC forecast. Showed cold air spilling into the UK from Europe and then said about snow flurries in the East by the middle of the week. good.gif

and by this time tomorrow it will either change to sunshine, nope sorry rain,, sorry once again snow showers!!... nope wet and mild, honest we may as well flip a coin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yup, hard to believe that the model thread is really throwing toys out of the pram, yet again. One run downgrades slightly prospects for cold weather, but still its turning colder next week with threat of snow showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Oi, give me my snow back! ;)

Nothing falling from the sky in Peterborough now... Some showers coming down from the North though that might prove fruitful. Temp & DP dropping.

Ive sold it to Hertfordshire!

Tbh it was a bit fleeting,

raining again.

Posted

Snowing in Biggin Hill. Woke to beautiful sunshine, walked the dog and realised just how icy it was (almost went a over t)then the clouds rolled in :-). Have a good day everyone!

Sleeting in Reigate now... Is it settling? (I need to move to the top of the downs!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Im a bit concerned, as the model threads just 2 days ago were consistent that there would be a full blown beasterlly lasting for at least 10 days , now we are looking at slack n/ne wth cold lasting 3/4 days max,wth temps no where near 87/91/09/10.help.gif [Lets hope im wrong }

I officially am staying off mod threads as ive had my hopes crushed once again, only have myself to blame..

That aside a couple of days wth the white stuff this side of xmas would be a treat, and ill look forward to Jan/Feb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

No, not settling and in fact hardly anything coming from the sky now, still very dark though.

Posted

still raining here and prob remain that way.. this system has to cross over london to get to me.. and the traffic etc in london at this time of day will just cause a plume of warmth up into these little clouds.. great during the summer, watching storm clouds grow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Rain here.... temp 3.3c dp 2c not cold enough.... wheres the colder air... maybe one of the heaver bursts will deliver something.. looks like its gonna be a wet morning either way

Posted

rain for leigh on sea. Odds on

Lol

Would you have expected us to hit the Jackpot on Wednesday though, odds on you would not have put a bet on that!!

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

Current alert level: Level 3 - Cold Weather Action

Issued at: 0832 on Fri 7 Dec 2012

There is a 90% probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/heavy snow between 0000 on Monday and 0800 on Tuesday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

Less cold over the next few days with higher daytime temperatures than of late so the mean temperature criteria is unlikely to be met this weekend, despite overnight frosts. There is now growing confidence that into the start of next week very cold air originating from the east or northeast will spread across the whole of England. An east or northeasterly flow at times will bring snow showers, particularly to the east of England, these sometimes heavy, and leading to locally significant accumulations. At present this spell of very cold weather looks set to last through much of next week and it is likely this alert will need to be extended.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

Clicking over to the regional risk values:

East of England 80% Very cold with snow showers, giving significant accumulations in places. Southeast England 80% Very cold with snow showers, perhaps giving significant accumulations in places. London 80% Very cold with snow showers, perhaps some accumulations.

Posted

Sleeting in Reigate now... Is it settling? (I need to move to the top of the downs!)

Just walked youngest down to Priory School and the paths in the park are much more slippery than the 'skating' rink (note no mention of ice in their advertising, primarily because it is plastic!)

Sleet almost made it to snow now, but really wet and pretty raw weather.

AS

Edit: mostly rain now

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Im a bit concerned, as the model threads just 2 days ago were consistent that there would be a full blown beasterlly lasting for at least 10 days , now we are looking at slack n/ne wth cold lasting 3/4 days max,wth temps no where near 87/91/09/10.help.gif [Lets hope im wrong }

I officially am staying off mod threads as ive had my hopes crushed once again, only have myself to blame..

That aside a couple of days wth the white stuff this side of xmas would be a treat, and ill look forward to Jan/Feb

totally agree with you.. just going to watch the bbc forecast from now on.. fed up with model thread, who to be honest the experts aint got a clue because the models aint got a clue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

just started snowing here acute.gif