Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I hope so, like again..The models have done a crap job forecasting the showers coming of the North sea..

Yep i think the models really do struggle with precipitation especially in terms of showers, even the NAE recently as been far from spot on even at close range.

Posted

I will never ever get bored of the weather, even when we have a summer high for 2 weeks.. You can almost gaurntee you will enjoy it smile.png Like today..Classic winters day..Cold and glorious sunshine :smile.png

I have to agree, i think any weather which is usually associated with the given season. I.E Snow & frosts in winter, Early summer weather in Spring, Wet & Windy in Autumn, is great to see. However no matter what i can't remember the last boring weather we have had now, We've seen Flooding, Cold & Some snow around, a right mix. Also a few weeks back there was a windy few days which left alot of trees leafless. Enjoy what we have in this country as we are so unique and different to other places as we are open to change very quickly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Dull and cold in Ippy. The sky is leaden with summat. Don't think it's S though.:) Someone just told me we are to expect a Russian Beast. Hmmmmmm! :o

Posted

OK, here's a hopeful headline, it bares out the flurries to our East at least (is it any more or less accurate than anywhere else currently?? unsure.png )

Snow and freezing fog for next three days, warn forecasters

The south and the east coast will see more snow flurries for the next three days while driving conditions could be made hazardous by freezing fog, forecasters have warned.

Snow showers are expected to fall along Britain's east coast today as far south as East Anglia, with falls of up to two inches expected on the North York Moors. But although the showers will spread as much as 30 miles inland, many are forecast to fall as rain over lower ground. The flurries will continue in Norfolk and Suffolk on Tuesday, with the chance of isolated snow showers north of the Humber on Wednesday, the Met Office said.

A yellow Met Office weather warning remained in place along Britain's eastern seaboard as far south as The Wash, highlighting the risk posed by ice on untreated roads and pavements. The fresh warning came as a 75-year-old woman died after an ambulance taking her to hospital crashed early on Monday morning at Sibsey, near Boston, Lincolnshire. Police said they were not "ruling out" the weather as a factor in the incident as several roads in the county were thought to be icy overnight. Temperatures are forecast to remain bitterly cold, struggling to get above 4C (39F) even in London on Tuesday and Wednesday, with much of the country hovering just above freezing.

Readings are expected to plummet as low as -5C (23F) tonight, even in the south, and could fall to -6C (21F) in rural areas tomorrow night. By Wednesday night, even London is forecast to be below freezing. The cold snap will be exacerbated by freezing fog, forecasters said. It is expected to spread across western England tonight and could remain all day in the Midlands tomorrow, subduing temperatures further. "One of the major risks is for drivers," a Met Office spokesman said. "They could have problems with visibility and it could create hazardous driving conditions."

He said there was a risk water falling on windscreens in affected areas could turn to ice. "At least with normal fog you can turn your wipers on," he said. Freezing fog is also expected on Tuesday night and could be more widespread on Wednesday, spreading as far towards the south east as Cambridgeshire.

But it is forecast to warm dramatically in time for the weekend, reaching average temperatures for the season by Saturday, when towns and cities in the south could "poke double figures" and the north could see maximum temperatures of 8C (46F)

http://www.telegraph...orecasters.html

Edited by Coast

Posted

OK, here's a hopeful headline, it bares out the flurries to our East at least (is it any more or less accurate than anywhere else currently?? unsure.png )

http://www.telegraph...orecasters.html

I like how they mentioned water falling into windscreens was likely to turn to ice, why not say rain or snow? lol

Posted

Snow flurries in nottingham! Those showers pushing inland nicely..Hopefully some lucky people in our region will get something tonight/tomorrow

Is this currently happening Surrey? Or something to keep an eye on later today and Overnight?

Tagood.gif

Posted

Can anyone in the Great Yarmouth area confirm whether there was some sort of hail storm very early this morning?

I heard something hitting the window but i felt really ill otherwise i would have got up look.

Posted

Nice bit of current bun out here at the moment, bet it goes in when I go out for a lunchtime wander!

Posted

Whoooaaa that's a huge U-turn right there then!

Must admit it feels a lot colder in th wind this lunchtime.

'Twas a bit nippy, but still sunny so accepatable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

haha steve,but i didnt get it lol.

Probably coz i got more blonde in my hair sat!

Its 4 c here so will be rain,if anything does fall.

If the temps take a dive later might do.?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Cloudy and dry here this lunchtime.smile.png

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

still a 5 degree spread on the 14th

warms up 14th starts to drop again 16th

flooding is an issue if these are right from 14th

my ramp chart from the 06 is from the control run

gens-0-1-288.png?6

gens-0-0-288.png?6

gens-0-2-288.png?6

just for us rofl.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=0&mode=0&carte=0

Just seen BBC forecast. Nowt snow all week now. Remember last week when it rained all night at 2-3c yet the same system dumped a load of snow over France, Belgium, Holland as it moved south, and hearing we would be next. No luck then and none now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Just seen BBC forecast. Nowt snow all week now. Remember last week when it rained all night at 2-3c yet the same system dumped a load of snow over France, Belgium, Holland as it moved south, and hearing we would be next. No luck then and none now!

France and Belgium had much lower dew points and upper air temperatures.

Posted

gonna post this again which was posted earlier

we have the right ingredients from about 5pm tonight through to thursday for snow

what we do not know is whether we will get the precipitation to go with it

all we can do is wait and see

Current alert level: Level 3 - Cold Weather Action in one or more regions of England

Issued at: Monday 10 December 2012 at 08:26

There is a 90% probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/heavy snow between 0900 on Monday and 1500 on Thursday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

Showers will move across eastern England today, most frequent and heaviest along the coast, but possibly wintry inland. Overnight many areas away from the east coast will have a sharp frost, with perhaps patchy freezing fog forming in the west. Any freezing fog could be slow to clear tomorrow, and also Wednesday, leaving to a very cold day in many places. Even where long sunny periods occur Tuesday and Wednesday it will be cold or very cold. During Tuesday the showers in the east gradually die away, leaving the rest of the period mainly dry.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/coldweatheralert/

Edited by john pike

Posted

It still all looks too far to the East for me?

hgt500-1000.png

hgt500-1000.png

hgt500-1000.png

Posted

It still all looks too far to the East for me?

hgt500-1000.png

hgt500-1000.png

hgt500-1000.png

hi coast its a wait and see

ukmo charts look good

see what the 12z say

met office must think the risk is there or their covering all angles

getting confused with all this now

Posted

getting confused with all this now

You and me both!! rofl.gif

I'm fairly certain who will see snow this week: