Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Best Storm Chasing Tours in America? Any first hand experiences/reviews?

TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Hey can anyone help me on this, planning on going on one in 2014!

I'd be really appreciative.

Thankyou

Hi Twister girl.

I went with Netweather last year ( unfotunately during 10 days of tornado drought) and would thoroughly recommend.

An english tour group with an excellent team led by Paul Sherman.

c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Oh lovely, jhave they got a page on this with dates and prices etc? How many people go on the tour and are you in a car or a coach or bus?!

Posted

Yep, try here to start:

http://forum.netweat...ooking-savings/

and then here:

http://www.weatherho...rnado/kaddy.php

It's all small groups in 4 x 4's expertly guided by members and some of the team from Netweather!

Edited by Coast

Posted

Hi Twistergirl

The others have expertly replied to you on here, I suppose it all comes down to what sort of experience you want when chasing. Pretty much all of our guests are either English, Irish or next year we even have an Aussie coming along to see what this storm chasing malarky is all about. The American Tours tend to herd you into a big Transit style bus with 15 Seats, we go the other route with very comfortable 4x4's and we tend to keep this number to 3 in the party so we do not go over 15 Guests / Staff on any tour.

If you want to see how we did in 2012 (Tough Year) just look at the 3 pages in this section, you can then compare it to other US Groups as well (We have nothing to Hide Posted Image ) And you will see we did very well with a similar amount to Silver Lining and even beating the US Weather Governments Experiment led by the great Tim Marshall last year.

If you want to see other years then at the bottom of the forum are all the archived chases since 2007 for hours of reading.

Some of the better pictures are also easily viewable on Weather Holidays . Com if you google that!

Regards and hope to see you in 2014!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Ill have my video finished soon! good old 20 odd mins of chaing with Netweather tour 4! i can HIGHLY recommend it!

gee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

TwisterGirl81,

I have been chasing with NW for 3 years now, all the trips have been fantastic and have seen at least one nado on each trip! You should come to the pre-chase meet up in march (I think its in brum) and you can meet previous guests and newbies as well as the staff! I have got a blog and pics of all my chasing antics over on www.twistedskies.net and the other guys have vids on youtube pics on here and on other sites!

Best thing I have done to date, hope you make it in 2014! Posted Image