Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Was it meant to be this cold tonight?

nope - even now bbc london going for 4 degrees - it's just above freezing outside... maybe we will get snow sooner that the weekend? just chcked radar nothing there now...

Posted

Well well, looks like winter will be back with a bang, the majority of us love snow, I love the stuff,like a little kid. Serious questions ,I have a wedding in bath on Saturday,travelling back Sunday , seriously thinking of cancelling , or comin back satuday night.peoplesmthoughts and advise please

hi jay

it would be better to check tomorrow and decide then

Posted

-2 in east London at the moment!

Hi I am in docklands and have access to numerous temperature sensors and we are not that low yet(must be all the hot air around here),where abouts are you? I might have to nip out and put my car in our underground car park to save me scraping ice in the morning when I finish my shift.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

nope - even now bbc london going for 4 degrees - it's just above freezing outside... maybe we will get snow sooner that the weekend? just chcked radar nothing there now...

All cars are white outside my house [FROST,NOT SNOW} temp 1.2c

Posted

Bbc forecasts now have sleet and snow on their sat/sun symbol forecasts.....

Ps -2c here and hard frost on cars, bbc say we should be 3c

Edited by willinkent44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Morning all. Just checked in to make sure we are still on track and looking good for our area still :)

The one thing I am really liking is that any snow that comes down won't be going anywhere very soon as the temps are not sett o make a dramatic rise like last time within a day and also as far as I can see no rain to wash it away.

Am not so much looking forward to the Monday morning commute to work though. The last lot caused absolute gridlock in Stevenage and couldn't get out until 10am and then felt daft when I got to Radlett as they hardly had any there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

GFS still says no, UKMO says yes, awaiting ECM

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

gfs is strange

fi is on the 15th-16th 10 degree spread

last night the thick green line hit +5 on the 16th

now its 0

also on the 17th the highest it gets is +3

some bitter runs on there

also look at the control run wacko.png

watch this gradually drop through the day

Posted

GFS still says no, UKMO says yes, awaiting ECM

Trawling through the unbelievable amount of turd on the model discussion this morning, I think GEM is a yes too!

I like the Met Office forecast this morning

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Rather cloudy on Saturday with outbreaks of rain later, this becoming increasingly wintry. A chilly easterly breeze developing. Snow showers on Sunday in cold winds. Further snow possible on Monday.

Issued at: 0400 on Thu 10 Jan 2013

UK Outlook for Monday 14 Jan 2013 to Wednesday 23 Jan 2013:

Through Monday, outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow are expected to spread southeastwards across central and western areas. Eastern areas will be mostly dry and bright, although with a risk of some coastal wintry showers. By Tuesday, western parts should turn generally dry and fine although some sleet and snow showers are likely to continue towards the east. It will be cold with widespread frost and ice in places. Through the remainder of the period, central and western areas are likely to see generally fine and dry weather with overnight frost and freezing fog, although some rain and milder conditions may spread into the far west at times. Elsewhere, wintry showers are expected, with the risk of snow even to low levels, and these showers may spread westwards at times.

good.gif

Posted

Thought the ECM was going to say yes but more learned posters are saying it's moving towards the GFS.

Not convinced myself, next frame will tell the tale.

Edited by Jayces

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Morning all.

Sadly looking like a return to less cold weather as early as Monday, lets hope we can make the most of

the window we get this weekend.

Shotski

Posted

Morning all, If you don't have a lamp post to watch - try one of these, mine arrived yesterday (i use it for night fishing) I was shocked at the power of this head lamp! easy illuminates every thing within a 100m's!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-LED-Bike-Bicycle-HeadLamp-HeadLight-Cycle-Front-Rear-Light-Set-/140740068098?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item20c4c30302

Also if your on twitter a must follow is @GrittingKent an informative and humourous feed from KCC's gritting centre.

Posted

Doesn't look the same to me as the UKMO @ 120 but not the same as the GFS either.

I want it to but all 3 are different unlike yesterday when the ECM and UKMO were more similar.

Still a long way to go.

The ECM beyond day 5 I think is going to offer a milder incusrsion from the SW before the cold returns for the end of the week.

No doubt it will all change again tonight lol

Edited by Jayces