Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - January 11th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

the snow for monday is in the east! metoffice have issued a warning for the east of the country sad.png

Wont take a lot for that to move further west though. And in any case that's Monday, we can't even pinpoint the weekend yet :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Yes, maybe Alex, but this warning was issued 11 today and still mentions, mendips, Marlborough Cotswold regions

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/warnings.asp

Posted

Here in sunny Street I don't think we will see much in the way of snow next week. I would rather we had cold crisp dry frosty days just to let all the fields dry out for our local farmers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

post-18883-0-00085000-1357909650_thumb.j

My village 1978.... I wish I was there!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

one thing you learn is to never completely throw the towel in, i have been here a couple of years & have had the unexpected when it comes to snow. it also makes that much more enjoyable! good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Ahahahahhahaha Yeaaaahhhhh right!

That would be like a foot of snow!

post-182-0-97522000-1357909979_thumb.png

Posted

I believe there will be a few surprise's for the SW region tomorrow . :) Rain to Snow as the colder air under cuts is my bet , If that low stalls or slows down , It should be mainly falling as Snow as we head into tomorrow night ..

Posted

That is all to familiar!! Haha!! The drip, the wet towel, the ice!! Wouldn't have it any other way. Double glazing salesmen dare not venture here with fear of being stuck!

We are a bit behind the times, speaking of which I should get the horse and cart out soon and get to the shop for supplies, just in case!

And a horse and cart means you'll be able to get through any snow that does fall ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

And a horse and cart means you'll be able to get through any snow that does fall ;-)

Good point sir!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Main BBC forecast shows a bit more promise for our area tomorrow night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

This is going to end in tears, we talk about winters of old, well we have missed the snow on many occasions in the past why should this time be different......

Posted

I expect one main reason a forecast for Monday has shifted snow risk further East is because the forecast track of the LOW has changed. It can

and will change again, how often right up to the day of any front or LOW pressure do previous forecasts get it wrong!

So many people getting hung up on Monday or Wednesday yet there's tomorrow's chance to come first! And what happens tomorrow could have

an effect on subsequent days, any snow cover will lower predicted temperatures for subsequent days/nights so therefore further snow risk increases.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

This is going to end in tears, we talk about winters of old, well we have missed the snow on many occasions in the past why should this time be different......

Because historically in our location our biggest snowfall has come from battleground scenarios. We haven't the right synoptics for a long time down here so at least with the more unusual weather patterns as the moment we must be in with a shout this winter even if its not this time.................bought a sledge just in case!

Posted

Some have thrown the towel in by the sounds of it and writing off the potential cold! Things can change yet.......

Wheres 'gotolovethisweather'?

Or is it just me he bullys?

Edited by latitude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Weather forecast just showed rain in our region on Monday...turning to snow as it goes towards the South East. I can't say anymore as the last post I made about being dissapointed about missing the snow in our region was returned with a not so nice comment!

I am a little dissapointed but hopefully it'll change and there's always the rest of the week for us.

Posted

I wouldn't even be that shocked if the Mendips saw something tonight , -3 uppers , surface temps getting down close to freezing and heavy PPN likely. I have seen it snow in warmer conditions than that , such as early December.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Regardless of whether it snows or not,we have had a beautiful sunny day here today,the first for ages apart from a brief glimpse of blue sky on New Years day!