Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold weather, posible heavy snow Saturday 10th Feb 2013 onwards

Summer Sun

Latest from the NMM model,

Tuesday morning wintry weather across Scotland and Northern, Eastern England,

Tuesday afternoon very heavy snow showers around in Northern England,

Tuesday evening heavy snow showers move South into the Midlands and Eastern England and still some snow over Scotland and Northern England,

Tuesday night Wales and Western parts of England may see some snow and Northern England and Scotland continue to look good for snow,

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Surprised that nobodies talking about tonight's snow and tomorrows. Tonights snow more widespread then NMM thinks I've seem to have lost the ability to upload pics shame. If tonight's snow keeps getting heavier we will have a decent depth even before tomorrows arrives.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Looks the potential for a big snow event for many areas on sun/mon. Met office already issued yellow warnings for most areas of Uk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Looking likely this weekend and early next week will bring the first widespread heavy snow of February details remain very uncertain but its something to keep a close eye on

Posted

Think this could be a Midlands Southward event, still time for changes. More potential throughout the 1st half of next week as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Think this could be a Midlands Southward event, still time for changes. More potential throughout the 1st half of next week as well.

A midlands northward event according to the ECM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I think a high level event 300m plus

I think a high level event 300m plus

i think heavy snow 2 miles north of staffordblum.gif

C.S

Posted

well bbc not having any of it, not even a snow symbol to be seen

For a start I would wait closer the the event ie Saturday night to see how this pan out. I also would not base anything on a graphic symbol that has or has not placed been by a person on a computer. Too many get hung on weather symbols and graphics. Look at the models yourself and assess yourself. Look at the radar yourself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

hoping to get a real blizzard so i can put on my snowchains

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

For a start I would wait closer the the event ie Saturday night to see how this pan out. I also would not base anything on a graphic symbol that has or has not placed been by a person on a computer. Too many get hung on weather symbols and graphics. Look at the models yourself and assess yourself. Look at the radar yourself.

Good call on that one. Looks like most low altitude areas will see rain rather than snow. Nottingham is forecast a little snow this evening, but it will have been raining all day so I doubt it will amount to much.

I was driving up the M1 last night, and on the big warning signs they had displayed 'Severe Weather Forecast Tomorrow'.I'm not so sure about that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Raining all day and doesn't seem that cold. Surprised how uncertain the forecast is at the moment. But hoping for some snow tonight doubt we will get any though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Quite a good signal from the Midlands northwards for a widespread snow event during Wednesday with expected depths generally between 2-5cm with the risk of 5-10cm the further north you are, especially with some elevation.

post-9615-0-29166700-1360661186_thumb.gi