Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Right I'm going to sleep hopefully everything will be much better in the morning

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

18z GFS and NAE still showing intensification of snowfall across the SE Monday evening as the centre of the low arrives. ECM has the heaviest snow mostly offshore and along the east coast of E Anglia - so, as ever, it will be a case of nowcasting to see where the heaviest snow occurs.

Posted

So you said to wait for the later BBC forecasts as they would use updated charts, I have, and they are even worse forecasts for the SE than earlier the day (for monday), your comments?!

Blimey, you are a little ray of sunshine aren't you? smile.png

Just to give you an idea of what can happen with no notice whatsoever, here are a few pics from February (11th?) 2010. It was cold yes but nothing was forecast really, then a streamer set up out of nowhere and it didn't stop snowing for approx 20 hours. A foot of snow later, here are a couple of the dozens of photo's I took...

post-5283-0-81738700-1358033604_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-95139900-1358033629_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-42717500-1358033680_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-02707500-1358033705_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-17516000-1358033730_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-44401400-1358033754_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-46910400-1358033782_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-43108400-1358033807_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-46131700-1358033579_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-13441600-1358033656_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-82218500-1358033908_thumb.jp

Posted

Hi JP sorry newbie question but whats a streamer? smile.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/4434917/Snow-Britain-Weather-from-France-and-Russia-to-blame-for-Arctic-blizzards.html

hopefully give you some idea

just so people are clear

i do not watch the weather forecasts on tvsmile.png

Posted

Hi is snow now out of the question in the East Sussex area near uckfield. So hope it is still on could someone pls reply lol

Posted

I have seen an exact replica chart like that produce the goods LS!

Cant remember the year but was Jan 8th early in the 2000's I think, might have been 2003 or 2004 could even have been 2005

Time to trawl the archives.

Slightly to North of East for a proper "Thames Streamer" I feel. But enough easterly element in it to prick my ears up!

Decent enough wind speed to create instability though for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I think I will continue posting in here, as Oxford is known to be in the South-East, I know its probably south central but would rather post in here :)

Posted

Blimey, you are a little ray of sunshine aren't you? smile.png

Just to give you an idea of what can happen with no notice whatsoever, here are a few pics from February (11th?) 2010. It was cold yes but nothing was forecast really, then a streamer set up out of nowhere and it didn't stop snowing for approx 20 hours. A foot of snow later, here are a couple of the dozens of photo's I took...

post-5283-0-81738700-1358033604_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-95139900-1358033629_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-42717500-1358033680_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-02707500-1358033705_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-17516000-1358033730_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-44401400-1358033754_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-46910400-1358033782_thumb.jp

post-5283-0-43108400-1358033807_thumb.jp

Thank you Lottie! Great stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Hi all,this is my first post on an excellant site,with regards to the snow I feel that we're going to be annoyed,all I see on the BBC weather is rain,haven't we had enough of it,all I want is snow and bucket loads

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So I should blindly accept everything he says?!

i appreciate his posts but as i said, he dismissed my comments and said wait for the later forecasts, and they are even worse

You didn't wait much later though ?

It'll be panic forecasts bbc never forecast snow correctly

Try country file tomorrow evening

Posted

Hi is snow now out of the question in the East Sussex area near uckfield. So hope it is still on could someone pls reply lol

I think that unfortunately it is a wait and see what falls from the sky scenario! All anyone knows for sure is it will be cold and wet - whether that is snow or rain or sleet remains to be seen.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

I have just looked at the met office site & it says no snow for hastings wot so ever BUT in rye it gives snow ?? i guess we will just have to wait & see ??

Posted

So I should blindly accept everything he says?!

i appreciate his posts but as i said, he dismissed my comments and said wait for the later forecasts, and they are even worse

hi steve

if you do not like what i post please feel free to ignore them

or better still how about doing a forecast

i have no problem with you questioning my posts but it would be more productive

if you put your own thoughts down instead of tv forecasts

Posted

As per Amanzi on Thursday evening, they have to calibrate the machinery in readiness. Makes sense - a bit like practice before a grand prix I guess!

ok..thanks for the answers guys...

Posted

steveinsussex JP has a lot of respect on here post a forecast if you dont b elieve him

Posted

I don't understand why people get so excited about Countryfile forecasts. We're told not to believe the current 24-48 hour forecasts on BBC News, but yet people can't wait to see the 7-day outlook by the very same institution?

Sorry Tom for my initially response (not detailed at all). Monday's event is all riding on the position of a warm sector (this limit our chances of snow). The position of this sector is still being modelled and will change right up to the event. It is looking promising for snow in the south east, but subtle shifts could scupper our chances.

Posted

Hi looking on the NW radar there is a large area of "snow" in Brugges area and the wind direction is blowing straight to us on the North Kent coast,will it get to us and could it drop the temperatures here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Added 2 people to the ignore list tonight!

Really dont know why some people feel the need to try and bait others???

This forum is a fun and informative place (for the most part) and i feel really sorry for the ones that have nothing better to do with there lives, than to try to upset the atmosphere in here.

To me, these people have no real interest in the weather, and just use this forum to enrich the sad lives they have by trying to make themselves feel better.

OK rant over...................

hope everyone (not ignored) gets the snow they want, fingers crossed for all good.gif