Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Gloucesters about to have heavy snow , for about an hour

I was in our local Tesco Express today and they were selling road salt. On top of the crate of salt bags was a laminated front page headline from the The Daily Mirror the one from a few days ago saying 3 weeks of snow for the UK.

.....that store would do anything for a quick buck. I wonder how many people fell for their scheming tactics?.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Snowing here. Very light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Moderate snow / sleet here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Gloucesters about to have heavy snow , for about an hour

Snow still falling, larger flakes now, keep it coming!

Posted

I live in Magor south wales, my bedroom window looks directly across the channel straight to Portishead (I am first junction off new severn bridge) and I cant see any lights now at all over the channel as it is so misty, I confirm we have gone white over hear with heavy snow now settled on cars, pavements and roof tops, only a dusting though but it is still falling, hope it is working its way over to my homeland of bristol as we speak good.gif

Posted

Just took the fenton for a walk and guess what....it was starting to snow. Me happy now.

Not *THE* Fenton?

Can anyone please tell me how to add my picture to my profile please? x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I'm kind of confused?! Bbc weather week ahead shows no snow all week for southwest (yet again only east coast, Scotland and maybe Wales) but the charts on here suggest otherwise...BBC are usually spot on...I'm beginning to think this SSW is becoming a storm in a tea cup especially for us in southwest...anyway link is below to the week ahead weather from bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/21003935

Posted

Snow still falling, larger flakes now, keep it coming!

Yep - bring it on I say. Will it intensify/develop further ? Doubt it but...

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

Posted

Gutted!!

My 5yr old has just woken up and in a very sleepy voice asked "Daddy, how much snow will there be in the morning?" Not much I said.

But expectations are there because of my irresponsible ramping and I' m feeling v guilty!

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Anyone with NW radar access will be seeing a classic example of the Abingdon forcefield at the moment, with snow falling further north, west, south and now east yet several hours of 'nofall' here. Of course, it won't keep out tomorrow's rain, as more flooding is just what we need.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Anyone with NW radar access will be seeing a classic example of the Abingdon forcefield at the moment, with snow falling further north, west, south and now east and several hours of 'nofall' here. Of course, it won't keep out tomorrow's rain, as more flooding is just what we need.

That did tickle me, and your Location. But if it makes you feel any better, Poole is undoubtedly equally bad, if not worse!! not a grain tonight, until the PPN is rain, then it will bucket it down for sure! I'm moving!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Snow falling, still light, but more than earlier, really serene outside.

Posted

Hi Kiwi, I have young children too, and after a couple of years of radar watching, I now play down any mention of snow to family and friends. It spares you having to listen to others saying I told you so. I now tell them snow could happen, but it's very difficult to forecast where and when it will fall. They seem to go away happy!!

Anyway hope you get some soon. South Dartmoor hasn't seen snow since Dec 2010, so I'm keeping fingers crossed this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Its now -0.1c here, I guess the front is here as it has warmed a little. A few vodkas and a little bit of snow so far. Happy man!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Anyone with NW radar access will be seeing a classic example of the Abingdon forcefield at the moment, with snow falling further north, west, south and now east yet several hours of 'nofall' here. Of course, it won't keep out tomorrow's rain, as more flooding is just what we need.

Nah I've had radar echoes directly above me but can confirm there's F all falling out the sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

That did tickle me, and your Location. But if it makes you feel any better, Poole is undoubtedly equally bad, if not worse!! not a grain tonight, until the PPN is rain, then it will bucket it down for sure! I'm moving!

Know how you feel - lived in Poole for 5 years! Never snowed - where abouts are you?

Edited by Wilks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Know how you feel - lived in Poole for 5 years! Never snowed - where abouts are you?

Upton

About as much luck as Arsenal

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms

Nah I've had radar echoes directly above me but can confirm there's F all falling out the sky

Something to do with dew points being too low causing evaporation. This often continues here until the dew points become too high. Then it rains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I was so optomistic this evening about my couple of cm forecast before the rain....cray.gif

Should of realised our small event of the week would end up melting away. mega_shok.gif Shall look forward to working in the cold rain in the morning. lazy.gif