Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Something to do with dew points being too low causing evaporation. This often continues here until the dew points become too high. Then it rains.

So Beast has snow and vodka, not on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Upton

About as much luck as Arsenal

Lol - just up the road from where I was, Morriconium. About as much luck as Arsenal sums it up although we aren't unlucky at the moment, just crap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Derek Brockway â€@DerekTheWeather

@fergieweather just had a look at global for Friday. As you said, UKMO keeps the front at bay with Scandinavian ridge holding firm.

Friday looks blah...

You can bet your bottom dollar that when atlantic does come it won't be a decent slider or channel low with a snow event it will be a breakdown with rain...acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Something to do with dew points being too low causing evaporation. This often continues here until the dew points become too high. Then it rains.

Know the feeling although we did do exceptionally well out of the 2010 event when it stalled in the central region so can't complain with one epic snowfest every ten years I guess!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

So Beast has snow and vodka, not on

Sorry Karlos! But met office has said heavy from here on, don't buy it. Going to see my friend lampost in a min and give him a hug. The vodka helps in this situation.

Posted

You can bet your bottom dollar that when atlantic does come it won't be a decent slider or channel low with a snow event it will be a breakdown with rain...acute.gif

I know not even seen any snow tonight.. thought i had a good chance... Still think i do in the morning! Still vodka is nice, This cold spell.. I think has to deliver for us.. our this winter could be sour

Posted

Hi Kiwi, I have young children too, and after a couple of years of radar watching, I now play down any mention of snow to family and friends. It spares you having to listen to others saying I told you so. I now tell them snow could happen, but it's very difficult to forecast where and when it will fall. They seem to go away happy!!

Anyway hope you get some soon. South Dartmoor hasn't seen snow since Dec 2010, so I'm keeping fingers crossed this week.

Thanks Snow Crystal, good advice. My older kids just humour me!

You live in a great part of the uk for rare but special snow events! Good luck for later this week.

I lived in Dousland as a baby back in 1960s and my dad tells regular stories of being trapped in snowstorms when he was over here on secondment from NZ navy.

Posted

Thanks Snow Crystal, good advice. My older kids just humour me!

You live in a great part of the uk for rare but special snow events! Good luck for later this week.

I lived in Dousland as a baby back in 1960s and my dad tells regular stories of being trapped in snowstorms when he was over here on secondment from NZ navy.

Dousland is 5 mins down the road, I can fully beleive his stories!!

Posted

Hi Kiwi, I have young children too, and after a couple of years of radar watching, I now play down any mention of snow to family and friends. It spares you having to listen to others saying I told you so. I now tell them snow could happen, but it's very difficult to forecast where and when it will fall. They seem to go away happy!!

Anyway hope you get some soon. South Dartmoor hasn't seen snow since Dec 2010, so I'm keeping fingers crossed this week.

You had anything there??

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Know the feeling although we did do exceptionally well out of the 2010 event when it stalled in the central region so can't complain with one epic snowfest every ten years I guess!

Ditto: profound forcefield malfunction.

Posted

had light snow about 10mins ago!

where in Somerset you from?

My snow looks like it might be settling :)

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

Have snow in devizes smile.png light but its snow!

I have tried the snowdance (The one where you stick to pencils up your nose and say wibble several times), but its not working.......still ice pellets !!

Posted

yeah its settling on cars now... 1st bit of snow all bloody night! looks better for me in early hours.. i am hoping it stays snow a bit longer tomorrow lol

Posted

Hi Beast, no snow, just a bit of sleety rain!!!

Well hopefully next week.... Had a dusting here, cleared a bit now. The brain says sleep but the heart says stay up and watch for snow!! The boss will say should have slept, I will say, you don't know man! You weren't there!! Just like Nam....

Anyway, not snowing now. poo!

Posted

yeah its settling on cars now... 1st bit of snow all bloody night! looks better for me in early hours.. i am hoping it stays snow a bit longer tomorrow lol

yeah had it earlier on!