Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ---->

A.J

Posted

Had light rain at first last night then from 9.00pm until 12.00 it was snowing/sleeting very lightly.

The minimum temperature last night IMBY was 1.1, and first thing thismorning at 6.00am 2.2.

Outside conditions damp with light rain.

Right now in Nailsea its raining, can hear it on the office roof.

Looks like today will be damp, we need some cold upper please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Morning all, can some ody sum up this mornings runs on a SW perspective for me please?! I daren't go into the MOD thread I case it's all gone wrong!

Cold and mostly dry up until and including Thursday. Frosts likely.

Friday remains very interesting in terms of a slider low. This trend has increased support this morning. Details irrelevant at this stage but this type of sypnotic pattern has brought the South West some of the worst blizzards in recent years.

However, don't get too excited yet. Long way off still and I have a feeling the strength of the block could be being underplayed. Interesting times though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Morning all, can some ody sum up this mornings runs on a SW perspective for me please?! I daren't go into the MOD thread I case it's all gone wrong!

I go in but too scared too ever post on there! I would look like a fool compared to those in there lol.

Posted

Just driven from North Dorset to Surrey, light dusting in Shaftesbury nothing until Andover, probabably thickest just outside Basingstoke, even covering on the M3, white in leafy surrey.

Heading to North East later in the week, that could be interesting............................

Posted

Woke up to a bit of snow on cars and roofs in Bognor Regis but now coming down properly and has lightly covered the roads and pavements in about 5 minutes. Wasnt expecting any this near the coast (less than half a mile inland), so quite excited now!

Hi my fellow Bognorian. So wonderful to see this unexpected snow!! I watched the radar until midnight and went to sleep expecting nothing.then woke at 8:00am (I am retired. smile.png) to see this wonderful covering of snow. Fantastic!! Now hoping that the band of forecast rain this afternoon will turn out to be snow. Perhaps unlikely but would be heaven if it did.

Temp here 0.5C

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

This mornings local weather showed dry and cold for more or less the rest of the week. Do we believe that? :)

Not if we get an undercutting low at the end of the week, it will be snowmageddon down here including coastals

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Long way off but would be very nice indeed if it came off. Showing snow all day for here. post-16456-0-46600800-1358151610_thumb.j

Posted

Approx. 1cm of snow in Newbury making everything look nice and pretty, but not enough to cause any issues on the roads, which is good. An interesting few days ahead, hopefully this is the hors d'oeuvres to something a bit tastier late in the week.

As a resident of CSE I always keep my feet firmly on the ground as we normally need the holy grail to end up in the sweet spot for a snow dumping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I go in but too scared too ever post on there! I would look like a fool compared to those in there lol.

I think you'll find 99% of those knee-jerkers in there look like fools, but actually, that's a whole different topic.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Sleeting now in Bedhampton. Fun whilst it lasted :(

Actually it's starting to get hard again, although cant lay because ground is too wet.

Edited by liam300

Posted

Plain old rain here now. Get this out the way then the colder air should arrive and settle for the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Light drizzle in the air here at Radstock. The prospects don't look good for snow here now until later in the week unless something on the back end of this system surprises me later in the day. A good cold and frosty few days midweek under some nice sunshine. Some interesting developments late in the week could bring us a major snowfall which I feel should it occur will enter us into a less cold wet spell next week but it's a long way off under winter cold weather synoptics and will not get excited until the models are still showing it at t48hrs midweek at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

I would say we have about 4cms lying snow now - still snowing, albeit lightly.

Think we have been lucky here - narrow band of snow has been drifting southwards

over north Hampshire. Temp -0.3c

Posted

Good cofidence on a dry but cold period Tuesday to Thursday as shown below;

post-12721-0-32140000-1358153383_thumb.jpost-12721-0-51603300-1358153392_thumb.jpost-12721-0-62190200-1358153401_thumb.j

Too much uncertainty to call anything after that. Interesting model viewing but that's all it is currently.

Posted

Light drizzle in the air here at Radstock. The prospects don't look good for snow here now until later in the week unless something on the back end of this system surprises me later in the day. A good cold and frosty few days midweek under some nice sunshine. Some interesting developments late in the week could bring us a major snowfall which I feel should it occur will enter us into a less cold wet spell next week but it's a long way off under winter cold weather synoptics and will not get excited until the models are still showing it at t48hrs midweek at least.

To be honest, if we have that snowfall at the end of the week that could put an end to our cold spell with milder air quickly following. Im looking for our cold to hold in place and system to held to the far W/SW, it will mean less chance of snow, but more chance of the cold air hanging on longer. Swings and roundabouts really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Bit of forecasters nigtmare towards end of week if this firms up, But long time off in weather terms, In meantime should have few cold dry days, may even have visit from Mr Sun, Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, the ppn has reached here and the v6 NW radar infers it is snow, but alas an outside check confirms it's an icy rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

glad some have snow, seeing lot's of nice pictures .... we have rain here !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

well, the ppn has reached here and the v6 NW radar infers it is snow, but alas an outside check confirms it's an icy rain

Lots of places in northwest thread said it starts off as sleet then when it gets heavier readily turns to snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Same weather as gibby just up the hill from him...2.4c.WSW light at 3mph.That Drizzle/rain is cold....

Posted

Interesting one for Friday.

if it arrives and pushes through we'll end up in milder conditions and maybe for a while.

I guess that would tie in with the less cold interlude GP talked about last week, before supposed return of cold late Jan/early Feb.

Dartmouth-bound on Friday morning means i'd rather the snow doesnt arrive- sorry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Lots of places in northwest thread said it starts off as sleet then when it gets heavier readily turns to snow

thats my hope Shaun, maybe some evaporated cooling in the heavier bursts heading this way will bring the freezing levels down and give us some snow